Swaps Made Simple
The easiest way to create and join swaps on the internet
It's free and you need one to swap!
- What is a Swap?
- A Swap is a group of people that organize on the internet to trade items through the postal mail. Items are usually hand-assembled, cheap (but rich with craftsmanship and care) and can include mix CDs, postcards, crafts, or anything you can think of!
- What is Swap-bot?
- Swap-bot facilitates internet swaps. It removes the hassle of collecting swap participants and assigning swap partners.
- How do you create a swap with Swap-bot?
- Come up with a Swap topic and post the details online. Include a signup deadline, a deadline for sending out swap items, and the number of people each participant will send items to. You can also include a link to your own site about the swap and/or upload a swap logo you have created.
- Pass out your Swap-bot signup URL.
- Sit back and wait for your sweet swaps to arrive
- What does Swap-bot do?
- Swap-bot collects the names and mailing addresses of everyone involved in the swap.
- Then, using a complicated, computerized algorithm, it mixes up all of the participants and assigns the specified number of recipients to each participant. No more stressing over hand-sorting participants.
- Swap-bot emails each participant after the sign up deadline to let them know that they can now access their recipient's name and address. Participants must log back in to Swap-bot to get this information. Swap-bot also sends out reminder emails to participants close to the mail deadline.
- How much does it cost to host/join a swap?
- It's free! Signup for a free account and then join a swap or start your own.
- Who can join Swap-bot?
- Anyone over the age of 18. Swap-bot even allows for international swaps.
- Who created Swap-bot?
- Swap-bot was created and is maintained by Rachel and Travis. Rachel came up with the idea and Travis wrote the code. Enjoy!
- Have more questions?
- Visit our F.A.Q. Page or send us a message by using the contact form.