Put together a care package for your slash-loving partner. Something they can use when curling up with the latest fics or to watch a new TV show episode, etc.
You must write a list with each item you are sending and phrase/sentence about why you sent it. You must include at least 10 different items from the list below (only one item per category):
- Drink mix (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, etc.)
- Snack item (please observe allergies and mailing restrictions to other countries)
- Bookmark or bookstring
- Comfy blanket or pillow
- Pack of tissues (for those especially sad or super hilarious fics that make you cry)
- A list of recs with your partner's favorite pairings
- A list of plot bunnies/ideas/prompts involving your partner's favorite pairings
- Something official and storebought that relates to your partner's favorite fandom
- Something unofficial and storebought that relates to your partner's favorite fandom
- Something crafted that relates to your partner's favorite fandom (made by you or somewhere like etsy)
- Something to read (tv/movie tie-in novel, comic book, fandom zine, etc.)
- Something to listen to (music to read by, podfics burned onto CD, DO NOT burn any music illegally but you can purchase music or put together an online playlist or fanmix)
- Something to watch (burned CD of fanvids, online playlist of videos, Netflix or Hulu show/movie suggestion list, storebought DVD- PLEASE make sure your partner can watch whatever region you send!)
- Themed address labels so your partner can easily participate in future Slash group swaps
- A profile surprise
- Something with the word "Slash" on it (bumper sticker, button/pinback, t-shirt)
- An ATC or piece of art that represents slash
- Fanart, fanfic, fanmix, or fanvid that you have created
- A friendly penpal-type letter or card about your latest fandom or pairing loves
- An item of your choosing that fits the theme of the package! (i.e. the one important thing you thought of when you saw this swap and can't believe KateKintail left off this list--post below with suggestions, if you want)
I'm hoping we can do one just for fanfic writers in the spring. But this one's for slash fans in general!
Group rating requirements apply. Please observe any profile requests for allergies. Please do not send any illegally burned media (music, shows, or movies). Questions/comments? Post below!
Once profiles are reviewed and partners are assigned, you may wish to contact your partner to find out their favorite fandoms and pairings and anything they absolutely don't want (ratings, squicks, etc.).