This swap will run monthly with signups staying up until the 17th of the month with the send out day on the 15th of the next month. Please send out your swaps on time. If a swap is marked sent on the 16th, you will be banned from the next month's swap.
You must have a GoodReads account (or similar account with a online shelf of books, such as Shelfari) to join this swap.
Ever not know what to read next from your Mt TBR pile? Search no more, your partner is going to pick out a read for you.
Here's what you need to do for this swap ~
- At GoodReads, set up a shelf with at least 25 books you want to read on it. You may use an established To-Read shelf, or create a new one of the books you most want to read next.
- In the comments here, when you sign up, link to the shelf you want to use. Please don't make us search for it, if you don't link up by the day last day of signups, I WILL remove you from the swap. Link to the actual shelf, not your profile.
- After partners are assigned, click "Rate your partners" to see who is to SEND TO YOU. Go to THEIR shelf through the links in the comments and check out their shelf.
- Choose 1 book from their shelf that you want them to read and write to you about. Send a Swap-Bot Message to that person with your choice for them to read. Please do this as soon as possible, within a week at most so your partner has plenty of time to read.
- When you receive the message, read the book chosen for you, and then write to the partner who chose it for you, about it. Please write at least 2 pages by hand, 1 if typed.
- Send our your swap & rate accordingly :)
Here are some suggestions of what you can write about, you do NOT have to use these, just some suggestions ~
- What was the book about?
- Did you like or dislike it?
- Who was your favorite character?
- What was your favorite part? What was your least favorite?
- Have you read any other books by this author?
- Would you read any others because of this book?
- Were there any situations/characters in the book that you identified with? How?
- Did you like the book from the beginning or did it take you a while to get into it?
- Would you change anything about the book?
- Would you ask the author a question if you could? What would you ask?
- Would you recommend this book to other readers?
- What surprised you the most about the book?
- What is the significance of the title? Would you have given the book a different title? If yes, what is your title?
- Have a GoodReads or other online shelf account
- set up a TBR shelf of at least 25 books
- after assignment, see who sends to you
- choose 1 of their books, message them your choice
- when you get a message, read the book
- write about it to your partner
Suggestion ~ if your partner has tons of books, and you are unsure how to pick, on GoodReads, you can go to the bottom and choose to sort by "average rating" and you could choose from what is best rated.
- make sure the book you chose for your shelf is released, nothing that hasn't been released yet, unless you already have access to it
- make sure you keep this list up to date, take books off as you read them so you can keep it for next round and/or make sure one you haven't read is chosen
- if you haven't received your book choice within a week, please let me know
- if you end up not liking the book chosen for you, that's ok, still write about it, you should be able to write enough to say why you didn't like it. If you are unable to, you may request one back up book from your partner, BUT You MUST still send out on time so make sure you read the book early enough to try a 2nd if need be.