Thank you to Lmrb19 and Ilovemybabies7 for letting me combine and transform their swaps into a new version! The original creator of this amazing swap idea is shinyserra- I encourage journal lovers to go check their swaps out as well!
PLEASE BE AWARE: It will probably take 2-3 months for this to be completed and mailed to your partner. Please make sure that you get your journal mailed by the deadline! This would be a good relaxing project to work on for your devotional time in the morning, or to unwind in the evening; you could do one entry a day for about 3 months :)
- Use a standard size composition notebook. These are the ones that typically have a black and white marbley hard cover and no spiral binding. They are normally 80-100 sheets. PLEASE FILL EVERY PAGE! If you run out of all of the things below, fill the rest of the pages with whatever you'd like! Maybe you want to fill a whole page with stickers, or duplicate one of the prompts, just DON'T GLUE YOUR BLANK PAGES TOGETHER, FILL THEM UP! I recommend that you only use the fronts of pages, but if the backs are relatively clean you may use them too. (For example glue things on the front and back of a page, write things on the front and back).
- Decorate both the front and back covers of your journal however you'd like. What you have on the inside covers is up to you, they would be a great place for pockets or fold-outs!
YOUR JOURNAL MUST INCLUDE:
- A title page. My journal, (Your Name's) Christian Journal Challenge, Journal Challenge, title it however you'd like and decorate!
- A table of contents or appendix page. You may use art, die cuts, printouts, doodles, ephemera, stickers, or whatever you'd like.
- A letter to your partner about yourself. It would be convenient if this were the first 2-3 pages, typed or handwritten, as long as it's legible. Tell your partner all about you! Your hobbies, likes, dislikes, job, church life, etc.
- One page of a sticker-slapped collage. Cover the entire page and try not to let any paper show through when you're done!
- One page of a washi tape collage. Use your favorite tapes, deco tapes, handmade tapes, etc. Try not to let any paper show through when you're done!
- One page of zentangles. Click HERE for an example of a zentangle :)
- A collage page of whatever you want to use. Can be magazine clippings, die cuts, ephemera, paper pieces, themed or not, anything you want.
- The first and last page of a book (either handwritten or typed). Glue the pages in if you type them out.
- A page of "random facts about me that most people don't know"
- At least 3 pages of tuck-in goodies for your partner. These should be flat things that you would be excited to receive such as postcards, stamps, nice paper, decorated envies, memo paper, etc.
- One page for each season: spring, summer, fall, and winter. Decorate each page for the season, this will be 4 pages total. Use washi, stickers, doodles, pictures, etc.!
- A vision board (click HERE to see a sample of a vision board and how to create one!)
- A page of "found papers." Receipts, to-do lists, grocery lists, any random papers you find laying around!
- A page of Bible verses that inspire, uplift, or bring happiness
These may take up a few pages, or a portion of a page
- 5 top 10 lists. Some examples could be your favorite animals, songs, places to go, foods, things to do for fun, etc.
- 20 quotes. They can be Christian or not, maybe you have some favorite quotes you're already thinking of! Put them on one page or scatter them throughout.
- The lyrics to 5 of your favorite worship songs and the reason you love it (You first heard it during a special time, your dad used to sing it to you, you just like the tune, etc.)
- 5 written out or typed poems. They don't have to be Christian, as long as they are appropriate.
- 10 "I am blessed because" entries. Share the good things in your life! What is God doing? This will probably take up 1 to 2 pages.
- A bucket list or something similar. What do you want to do before you die? Is there anything you've already done that you think everyone should do?
- At least 3 pictures that you took of either yourself, a pet, scenery, or anything you want. Give a little explanation as to what it is! These can be either traditionally developed or printed off of the computer.
- A travel list. Where do you want to visit? Feel free to decorate! Printing out a map and drawing pins on it would be a cool idea ;)
Feel free to write, inclue die cuts, magazine clippings, stickers, drawings, etc.!
- The best story your parents or grandparents tell about the good ole days
- Things that drive me batty!
- A place I'd like to live and why
- The best thing I've ever found
- I could watch this movie every day:
- This recipe never lets me down (or a food someone else makes that you always love!)
- What makes me special
- Things that scare me
- The most memorable compliment I received
- Things that make me laugh
- These are my favorite crafts / projects!
- I love Jesus because...
- Someday I'd like to try...
- The best things in life are...
- I admire people who...
- I am looking forward to...
- I could never live without...
- This is my favorite Bible verse because...
- Prayer requests I have....
And that's it! Are you up for the challenge? These prompts and requirements don't have to be done in order, just fill the composition notebook with everything. I highly recommend the table of contents page be the FIRST page of the book OR the appendix page being the LAST page of the book.
I've also created a simple checklist that you can print out and keep with your journal as you work on it. To view and print the checklist, click HERE! :)
Let's get started!
I will be closely vetting every participants' profile before I assign partners for this swap, as it cannot be angeled so don't worry if you see a less-than-savvy participant upon your signup. If you have any unexplained 1s or 3s, threads in the questionable swappers forum, or late swaps, PLEASE be sure to sort those out before the sign up deadline, or you will not be able to participate