The previous "Museum Goodies" swap I hosted went great, and I had said that I would host another one, so here it is!
I love to go to museums, and after having seen the collections, could never resist paying a little visit to the lovely museum shops.
For this swap, you will visit your local art museum, drop by the store and send to one (1) partner:
• two (2) blank postcards
• one (1) bookmark
• one (1) pencil
• one (1) item of your choice < $4
• Optional: a note describing your experience, background information about the art or museum, free ephemera from your visit (ticket, prospectus, map, exhibition calendar, adversiting postcard)
• Art exclusively, from ancient to contemporary eras. No natural history, science, military or other museums, unless your partner's profile stipulates an undying love for one of these types of museums.
• You could visit your partner's profile to see their preferred styles or artists, but it's absolutely not required.
• Items could be from several different museums.
• It is best if you have visited the museum(s) yourself, rather than having collected the items from relatives or previous swaps. But ultimately, nobody will check.
• Swappers with a rating ≥ 4.9, at least one type 2 swap experience, and no recent or unexplained 1. Banning suspicious swappers is my prerogative. I don't want any participant to be flaked on. Let's keep this swap fun and flaking-free!
• Also, please don't join if you are offended by artistic nudes. A lot of the most tasteful paintings, sculptures and photographs feature nude bodies that you might receive. On the other hand, don't get too trashy and send offensive contemporary art! This is not the point.
• Please send to your partner in timely fashion, and rate accordingly when you receive your package. You should rate a 5 if you get within a reasonable amount of time the five compulsory items in new and unused condition. Heart at your own discretion.
Picture © RMN/Musée d'Orsay.