Hello, I'm Angie.
2018 is the year of the dog!!!
I like playing with collage, mixed media, hand carving rubber stamps, buying rubber stamps, owning more paper than I can ever use, playing with my gelli plates, Sizzix die cutting machine and yeah, I like all that stuff and more.
I love that mailart has exposed me to many different styles, many different artists, many different perspectives.
I like exchanging naked handmade postcards and I usually do 5 x 7 inches in size. I find that size offers enough space to experiment while still being affordable to mail to someone. I like the postcards naked so the address, postage stamps and other postal markings are part of the piece.
I also make a lot of ATCs. I meet with a local group to exchange ATCs monthly.
I like ...
MOVIES & TV
* Life Aquatic with Steve zissou - all of it but especially Claus, the submarine thingy, the ship profile, Eleanor
* Red Violin
* Star Trek - DS9 (Kira, Captain Sisko), NG - Enterprise D
* Survivor - Tikis, immunity necklaces and Jeff Probst
* Jason Bourne - Matt Damon as Bourne
* Firefly - Mel, Inara, Jayne, the ship, all of it
* Princes Bride - the movie
* Vanity Faire with Reese Witherspoon
* Spaced - British Television series
* Dawn of the Dead (2004), Shaun of the Dead, World War Z, Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, 28 Days later, 28 weeks later, and most things apocalyptic.
* Kate Grenville's colonial Australia trilogy about the first three generations of white settlement in Australia, and what that shared black/white history means for contemporary Australians. (The Secret River, The Lieutenant and Sarah Thornhill. )
* The Perfect Red by Amy Butler Greenfield
* Currently reading: The Last Painting of Sara de Vos by Dominic Smith
* Joseph Cornell assemblages --
* Paul Klee -
* Thylacine or Tasmanian Tiger
* Scion xB - 2nd generation, my car is black
* Bjork - Favorite song is Dull flame of desire that she sings with Anohni Hegarty.
* I enjoy getting hand made pieces. I will love anything you make yourself.
If you look at my Flickr photos or my Flickr favorites you'll get an idea of my eclectic tastes. I'm not easily offended but please don't try (to offend me). I just mean that I'm pretty open minded.
A cool background technique - painting with a straw. Check it out
Bokeh technique This is kind of a long video but you can skip ahead.
If you want to learn how to post pictures, gifs, etc here at swapbot, check out the group Artistic Profile Deco Group ;-) - there are all kinds of great tips and instructions in their forum
That's about it! Thanks for looking this far!
That's Snooky! He's a Pembroke Welsh Corgi.
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|