Hello! I'm Kayla, 22 year old from Canada! I've always loved snail mail and loved getting stuff in the mail box! I used to have a few penpals when was younger, and I'd love to have some now, so feel free to message me if you're interested :3
I have two cats that I love very much. I play guitar and can ride a unicycle. I also love longboarding. My favourite colour is blue and I love lemons. I'm very interested in bushcraft, hunting, taxidermy and historical living. I love love metal, metalcore, progressive and power metal type music.
I'm not very feminine, and the only women's clothes I wear are bright colorful socks lol. I do not like pink or girly things unless it's kawaii (like Japanese kawaii stuff).
Even if its sender's choice, I read profiles and try to include things my partner would like. I always appreciate it when others do the same, it feels more personal and special :3
Check out my Instagram (Qrowik) to see some of the art I make and send to swap partners!
• When it comes to crafts I'm a jack of all trades.
• I love watercolour, its my favourite medium to paint with!
• I like making journals and sketchbooks, any type of bookbinding really.
• I recently got into making envelope flipbooks and quite enjoyed it. I like hand making envelopes and decorating them.
• I make bookmarks for myself and others so you might get one if you're my swap partner :3
• I like collecting washi tape, stickers and stationery to use in my swaps (pls see likes and dislikes for more details on what kind).
• I enjoy collecting and making pictures from pressed flowers and leaves. I have an extensive collection of 4+ leaf clovers (I have a few 6 leaf clovers!).
• I enjoy collecting natural remnants that have been ethically sourced. (Aka vulture culture)
I do a lot of digital art too, I wanted to get into concept and character design, but I'm not sure
I like to make horror and macabre art with charcoal
• Halloween for Christmas? Yes please! Halloween in the summer? Of course! Halloween 365 days for me!
• Pressed flowers, leaves, plants etc..
• Nature, forests, dark, rivers, wildlife, fantasy, medieval, Celtic, druid, mythology
• Skulls, bones, anatomy,
• Stars, astrology, constellations, etc..
• Tea, green, chamomile, ginger, chai, black, lemon, (not a fan of any other fruit teas)
• dark, mint, milk, caramel, and hazelnut chocolate
• Stickers, washi tape, cute/kawaii, cats, obscure, aliens, dinosaurs, dragons, animals, Japanese, skulls,
• Dark themes, dark purples, blues, black grey (blue is my fave colour)
• Vintage or aged looking things, ephemera
• Halloween, spooky things, macabre, skeletons, zombies
• Birds, magpies, jays, ravens, jackdaws, and cardinals
Asking Alexandria, Acidbath, Masterplan, Sabaton, Powerwolf, Mastodon, Gojira, Protest The Hero, Silverstein , Gemini Syndrome, Disturbed, BlessTheFall, Of Mice and Men, Alesana, Abandon All Ships, Sleeping At Last, Grandson, Sullivan King, Melvins, Shawn James, The Blue Stones
Currently reading: nothing uwu
I'm participating in NanoWriMo this year so I'm going to go on a reading hiatus until December.
I love fantasy and sci-fi and medieval themes. I prefer stand alone novels as opposed to a series of books.
Authors I have enjoyed: Neil Gaiman, Wen Spencer, David Clement-Davies, Philip Pullman, Matthew Kirby and many more.
I'm interested in reading nonfiction journals about early American life.
I also enjoy reading books about survival, bushcraft, living off the land and anything to do with nature in that sense.
Any book recommendations are welcome :3
I love Overwatch!!! I could probably talk about it for hours. My main heros are Junkrat and D.Va and Moira, but I love playing Ashe, Hanzo, Orisa, Zen and Mercy. I also like to play Left For Dead, Dishonored and the Assassin's Creed games.
I love the Moomins! Snorkmaiden and Snufkin are my favourite characters.(1990 moomins) I also have a soft spot for Little My.
My favourite movies are Dragonheart, V for Vendetta, Planet of the Apes, and others I cant think of right now. I like the Office, Supernatural, Moomins, and Nichijou.
I mostly watch YouTube videos. A few of the people I watch are:
Townsend, Joe Robinet, William Osman, TheCrafsMan, Pewdiepie, Kitboga, Call Me Kevin, and Charborg and Ready To Glare.
• fruit teas, please do not send me fruit tea/infusions, unless it is citrus, I will not drink them sadly
• feminine things, pinks, light purples, makeup, perfume, girly stuff, baby stuff or kid stuff,
•anything that smells or taste like liquorice, strawberry, coconut, blueberries, grapes, cream soda, orange creamsicle,
• politics, PC topics/JW topics
• spicy foods
• religious stuff
• reward, disney, cartoon, kids, alphabet stickers, emoji, quotes
• pop and country music
• anything Easter, birthday, or Christmas related (winter themes are great, I'm not a fan of Santa, snowmen, or his elves and magical reindeer.)
• potty humor
International swaps from Canada can take up to 3 months to arrive. It usually goes by boat, however when I can I will send by air. If you live internationally and have not recieved a swap from me, please be patient. If it still has not arrived after 3 months I will be happy to resend, just message me. I'm terribly sorry if your swap does not get to you by a certain date.
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|