ATC Jams are sets of three similar ATCs which have been worked on by three people. The first person starts the ATCs by picking out three similar backgrounds. The second person adds something to the ATCs (something similar to each of the three). The third person adds something else and finishes the ATC. Then each person gets to keep one of the three finished ATCs.
So this swap is limited to three people - myself and two others. First come, first served. Requirements for joining are 4.95 rating and at least 10 Type-3 swaps under your belt. As soon as three people are signed up, the swap will be back-dated and partners will be assigned.
Now, the nitty-gritty about how the swapping, mailing, ratings, etc will work:
- Officially, you will have 2 partners for the swap, which will allow you to see the addresses of both others in the swap, and to rate both of them as well. For the sake of further explanation, they will be swapper A, B, and C (after three people have signed up I will edit the swap so that A, B, and C are swappers' names to make ti less confusing). Edited: swappers A, B, and C are Emika, Adlpated, and Wranglyn respectively. I'm altering the swap instructions below to change A, B, and C to actual names:
- You will make your three backings and mail all three to one partner (Emika will mail to Adlpated, Adlpated will mail to Wranglyn, and Wranglyn will mail to Emika). The deadline for this first send is Friday, November 11.
- Secondly, Emika will receive the cards started by Wranglyn, add something to them, and mail them on to Adlpated. Adlpated will receive the cards started by Emika, add something to them, and mail them on to Wranglyn. Wranglyn will receive the cards started by Adlpated, add something to them, and mail them on to Emika. This second send should be completed by Friday, November 25.
- Thirdly and finally: Emika will receive cards and add something to them, then keep one of them and send the other two to Adlpated and to Wranglyn; when Adlpated and Wranglyn receive the completed ATCs, they should both rate Emika. Adlpated will receive the cards and add something to them, then keep one of them and send the other two to Emika and to Wranglyn; when Emika and Wranglyn receive the completed ATCs, they should rate Adlpated. Wranglyn will receive three cards and add something to them, then keep one of them and send the other two to Adlpated and to Emika, and when Adlpated and Emika receive the completed ATCs, they should both rate Wranglyn. Edited on Nov 15 to add: this final send should be completed by December 9. The final send-by date has been adjusted to reflect this.
- So, another way of looking at it: in the first round you send three cards to one partner. In the second round you receive three cards, add to them, and send them on to one partner (the same person you sent to in the first round). And in the third round, you receive three cards, add to them, and then send one to one partner and the other card to the other (and keep one for yourself, of course!!)
- Rating should be based on quality of the work and timeliness. You can not rate on how much you like the finished ATCs or how well you think the elements fit together.
So... clear as mud? It sounds much more complicated than it actually is, I think. But if you've read this far you must be interested, so let's give it a try :)
If more people are interested, I'm willing to set up multiple swaps!
Edited to add: what about clicking sent? Sorry I forgot to think about this detail before! Please click sent after you have completed the last send of the swap - meaning, when you send the two totally finished ATCs in the separate envelopes to your two partners. When you send the first and second rounds, please make a note of it in the comments below. This way, we can see that everyone is sending on time. Thanks!