|Group:||The Butterfly Anarchists|
|Swap Coordinator:||AndrewLips (contact)|
|Number of people in swap:||5|
|Type:||Type 3: Package or craft|
|Last day to signup/drop:||June 22, 2013|
|Date items must be sent by:||August 8, 2013|
|Number of swap partners:||2|
I haven't been on here for at least 12 months. I noticed TBA has been quiet, people have messaged me asking what is happening and the mods are not responding when they get messages?. I just had to approve 5 members that may of been waiting there for ages. its sad. so let's spark this place up again! also, please use the forums more, and make some swaps!
Anyway i'm breaking a vow to myself, to make a new swap.
This one is "MAKE YOUR OWN ZINE!"
What is a zine? You mean like a magazine? NO FOOL!, there is a wiki page for zines and youtube videos so go check them out. but in short, a zine is a homemade (usually photocopied) magazine, it could be 5 pages or 100 pages long, it can discuss anything, fanzines (about bands), perzines (personal issues), sexual assault/survivior zines, vegan recipe zines, art zines, travel zines, feminist zines etc.. it can be whatever you like. Check this website for some examples http://microcosmpublishing.com/
1) Zine must be 15 to 20 pages long!
2) Can be in b&w or colour
3) must be good! intreresting to read/look at
4) You cannot send the person a zine you have already made, it has to be fresh!
5) you shouldn't send your partners the original, but a photocopied version
6) Don't be afraid to ask for help (what size is a usual zine? is handwritten not such a good idea?) A5 sized paper is best (for you americans, that's your normal printer paper but folded in half), and unless you have unjoined handwritting, so its reallllly clear to read, maybe writing it on the computer then , cutting it out and glueing it on the page is best. if this is yr first time making a zine, check out some examples online, google "zines" :)
again, making a zine can be a challenge, so if you don't think you're up for it, maybe wait this one out. i don't want any half-assed zines in this swap.
to join you must: only have 5s (no 1s or 3s), want to really make a really good zine. no half-arsed crap. there's already enough shitty zines in the world. if you aren't going to try, please don't join this swap, really. don't ruin it for us. this is the reason why i left SB, because I just kept getting crap things in the post, no one was really trying. don't let the team down!
I reserve the right to ban anyone who looks flakey etc..etc..etc..blahblahblah. no ifs, no butts. you must of logged into SB at least 2 days before the deadline
have i forgotten anything? if i have, ask below and ill reply, or put an update in this info part
TIPS - If you are going to have lots of text on every page (which i wouldn't recommend) maybe sure its clear, big enough to read - same for pictures/art, clear to see, not crap pixilated images from google.
if anyone else has other tips, post below!
x o x o
You must be logged in to leave a comment. Click here to log in.