|Swap Coordinator:||seekingjoytoday (contact)|
|Swap categories:||Themed Miscellaneous Letters & Writing|
|Number of people in swap:||15|
|Location:||Regional - USA|
|Type:||Type 3: Package or craft|
|Rating requirement:||4.98 (unrated swappers allowed)|
|Last day to signup/drop:||January 5, 2014|
|Date items must be sent by:||January 18, 2014|
|Number of swap partners:||1|
For those of us focusing on major weight loss, the journey can be intimidating. They say it’s best to have a partner and who better than a caring pen pal who can give you lots of love while being a little more objective.
Not to be too exclusive, but since there are many ranges of weight loss goals…this swap is intended for people who want to lose more than 50 pounds (a number that should take more than 6 months). This will ensure a long-term commitment and also keep things even as far as who’s in what situation.
So, for this swap, you will write at least a two page letter (1 page typed) to your partner about the following:
1) A brief introductory paragraph.
2) What’s your story – have you always been overweight? started gaining recently? gained after pregnancy? gained because of meds or a medical condition?
3) How much do you want to lose and how long do you think it will take you?
4) Why do you want to lose the weight? Try to get to the real why – not just to fit into a bikini.
5) What are your top 3 challenges?
6) What is your greatest asset in this battle?
7) What is one tip you would like to share with your partner that has worked for you?
In addition to your letter, please send one motivational surprise to your partner. It could be a magnet with an inspirational phrase... It could be a journal for keeping a food and exercise diary… It might even be something handmade – but please do awesome work, remember you’re building a relationship… Do not send food though.
Since we all end up with two pen pals from each swap, you’ll have a great support system for success.
Now the Nitty-Gritty---You must have a 4.98 or higher with no unexplained 1s or 3s and no 1s or 3s in the last 6 months. You must also have a well-filled out profile. I’m sorry, no Newbies - must have completed and been rated for at least (5) Type 3 swaps or a combination of (10) Type 2 & 3. If you have extraordinary circumstances, please message me and I’ll look at your situation individually. I also reserve the right to ban if something just doesn’t feel right.
You must be logged in to leave a comment. Click here to log in.