|Swap Coordinator:||LMeowkin (contact)|
|Swap categories:||Challenges Crafts Art|
|Number of people in swap:||17|
|Location:||Regional - USA|
|Type:||Type 3: Package or craft|
|Last day to signup/drop:||September 11, 2015|
|Date items must be sent by:||October 2, 2015|
|Number of swap partners:||1|
Oh man. The craft stores are jam packed with Halloween items! It got me excited... did it do the same to you as well?
If so, then welcome to the low stress, no pressure Halloween pocket letter swaparoo. What does low stress, no pressure mean? It means the pocket letter design is sender's choice - as long as it falls into the Halloween theme in some form or fashion.
Please note: A plain harvest theme will not do for this swap. This pocket letter is to celebrate Halloween and all its witchy, ghosty, batty, candy, costumey glory.
So what are you going to do? Let's break it down:
1) Use a 9-pocket card page (the kind used to protect trading cards - see image for reference). I heard tell that some people try to make these babies - in this swap, please use a commercial pocket letter holder.
2) Decorate each pocket in a Halloween theme - in other words, no pockets should be without a filling of some kind. Basically, colorful paper as a background, and then decorate them in any way you see fit or matches your crafting ability.
Need to get an idea or two or three? Just Google "pocket letters" and you'll see tons of them out there. Don't let the fancy ones hold you back - remember, this is low pressure. No need to be ultra fancy, but if that's your style, then fancy on!
3) Send the darn thing! So far, almost all of mine have only cost about 70 cents to send. Be sure to tape the sucker up well, and you may want to venture to the post office counter to be sure of the price, etc.
Things important enough to mention:
A) A letter/note is NOT required, but would be nice of you to include, if you feel so inclined.
B) Ideas for things to put in the pockets: tags, stickers, ephemera, tea, trading cards, etc. Every pocket should contain something, but remember: art is something. Each pocket doesn't have to have a gift inside - but it should be decorated nicely if there is no gift.
C) No promises for angeling the swap. If I can, I will. If I can't, I'm sorry. Do let me know if you need an angel, though - I will definitely do my best!
D) Remember, this is a low pressure swap and art is subjective. If you are a picky person, this is not the swap for you.
1) No recent 1s.
2) No recent 3s however if you believe you were rated unfairly, PM me. I'll listen and review.
3) No newbies this time around. If there is enough interest, I will host a Newbies Halloween swap.
No APO/FPO addresses.
You must be logged in to leave a comment. Click here to log in.