|Swap Coordinator:||nsgrammy2012 (contact)|
|Number of people in swap:||7|
|Type:||Type 3: Package or craft|
|Last day to signup/drop:||December 31, 2016|
|Date items must be sent by:||December 31, 2017|
|Number of swap partners:||3|
Do you have something big you want to save up for? This is the swap for you! I am not sure, but I just love having money in the bank ready for anything I might choose! What is your dream? Maybe you just want a bigger safety cushion, or you want to buy a piece of furniture...that's up to you!
So, here's what we are going to do.
1) In January, send a SWAP-BOT MESSAGE to your partners telling them what you are saving up for in loving detail, and, for fun, how you are going to do it (under the loose board in the bedroom, piggy bank, automatic withdrawal from the bank account...). MARK YOUR SWAP IN THE SUBJECT LINE - 2017 SAVING MONEY CHALLENGE so they know who the swap is from.
2) Beginning January, save an amount equal to the number of the week. There are 52 weeks in a year. So, for the first week we will save $1 (dollar coins are great for this!). For the twentieth week, $20 added to the cash cow. For the forty-second week, we will put $42 dollars in the stash...and well, you can do the math. It comes out to $1378 for the year, or $106 a month, if that math is easier for you. For overseas people, you can choose to do one of the following: save an equivalent amount in your local currency OR follow the concept of the swap and save 1 pound, rupiah, birr, dinar (insert your personal currency)...for the first week, 2 for the second, etc. You decide what works better for you.
IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD THIS LEVEL of saving but still want to participate, please just tell your partner what you are going to do. The amount is not the important part, but rather the encouragement to save whatever works for you financially. The above is a suggestion which is helpful to many and saves a nice chunk by the end of the year.
3) Send a SWAP-BOT MESSAGE by May 31, (I will try to send out a reminder to you), to your partners letting them know how it is going. Just a little update. MARK YOUR SWAP IN THE SUBJECT LINE - 2017 SAVING MONEY CHALLENGE so they know who the swap is from.
4) At the end of the year, send a SWAP-BOT MESSAGE to your partners and let them know how you did. How much did you save? Will you still do whatever it is you hoped to do originally, or has your dream changed? MARK YOUR SWAP IN THE SUBJECT LINE - 2017 SAVING MONEY CHALLENGE so they know who the swap is from.
5) I would suggest that a 5 rating means the swapper sent you 3 e-mails during the year (January, end of May, December) and saved money, ideally $1378 or more. However, we all have personal financial situations which may prevent that from happening. I think if the swapper makes a good faith effort to save, even if they don't get all the way to the amount, they should get a 5. The real point of the swap is to encourage people to save.
When you receive and/or send an update to your partner(s) please note it below the swap. Thanks!
I have marked it type 3 because of the commitment over a year. To join, you must have been a member for more than a year with regular participation in swaps. Ideally your profile will be well-filled and you will have completed at least 20 type 3 swaps. No 3 in the past 6 months and no 1s in the past year. If you don't fit these requirements, and want to join, please PM me.
Swapbot member leilx let me host this swap in 2015 and 2016 and I look forward to hosting it again in 2017.
Good Luck to everyone!!!!
You must be logged in to leave a comment. Click here to log in.