*from the free dictionary*
1. Of, forming, or arranged in a series.
2. a. Published or produced in installments, as a novel or television drama.
b. Relating to such publication or production.
Swap description: A serial mini-zine
For this swap you will write/create a mini-zine that is to be part of an ongoing series. For example, it could be...:
- ...a chapter from a longer story (to be continued)
- ...a blog post on a particular theme you plan to return to
- ...the story behind a piece of artwork
- ...a craft tutorial
- ...an ongoing journal (could be craft, personal, shopping-related â€“ whatever is of interest to you)
- ...a gallery or catalogue of your art/craft/work (assuming that your back-catalogue will fill more than a single mini-zine!)
- ...a showcase of your ongoing mail art correspondence
- ...any other theme that you can think of more than one zine's worth of content for!
I will host future rounds of this swap for subsequent issues of your series to be shared, but there is no obligation to join in more than one round. Please note: you are welcome to join in whether you have played in a previous round or not!
- 3 partners = 3 mini zines sent & 3 mini zines received.
- Mini-zines must be made from a minimum of one A4/letter-size sheet but may be larger, if you like. A 'traditional' mini-zine is the minimum requirement, but feel free to experiment with additional pages, bindings, formats etc.
- Zines may be handwritten, typed, word processed, cut-and-pasted â€“ whatever style suits you. For those new to zines, it is usual to create one master-copy then photocopy or print multiples of the original.
- If you participated in a previous round, please do not send out the same mini-zine - now is the time for the next issue! Alternatively, you may begin an entirely new series, if you prefer.
- Zines sent do not need to be the first or even the 2nd in a series, just so long as they fall somewhere numerically within a zine series of your creation.
- Send on time!
The obvious bit
Late swaps & low ratings will all be checked before assigning partners. Contact me if you think there might be a problem.