Zines, mail art, cool stuff – all in one happy envelope!
Do you love zines? Do you love mail art? Do you love other cool stuff? This swap is for you! (And this group also has lots of similarly themed swaps to tempt you – check it out!)
This is a fun, low-cost swap to celebrate zines, mail art & other cool stuff. You will send each of your partners a small bundle of happy mail that will fit into a quarter-size/A6 (approx.) envelope, enclosing 1 item for each of the 3 categories:
- 1 zine – this can be one of your own, or something you have purchased (e.g. from Etsy), or something re-gifted (from a previous swap etc).
- 1 piece of mail art – this can take the form of a decorated envie, or another form of mail art enclosed within the envie (e.g. an ATC).
- 1 item which falls under the 'cool stuff' category – this can be something that you are sure your partner will think is cool because of something you have read in their profile, or something that you think is cool, that you hope will also appeal to your partner.
- Include a brief note explaining your 3 choices.
Definitions & resources:
How to make a zine
Mail art 'types'
Mail art history & more
- 2 partners = a total of 6 items sent & received (3 items to/from each partner).
- Mail your items in an envie that is approx. 6” x 4” (approx. quarter-size/A6). Standard envelope sizes vary around the globe, so only get your measuring tape out if the envie you receive is obviously the wrong size (half an inch out is not sufficient to worry about!).
- All items are sender's choice. If you receive 3 items which fit the categories above, you must rate a 5, whether you personally like the items or not.
- 3 items sent to each partner must be different 'types' of item. Zines may technically also fit the 'mail art' and 'cool stuff' categories, but the idea is to send your partner a little variety. Two pieces of mail art are acceptable, so long as they differ in type – e.g. you cannot send 2 ATCs, but you can send a single ATC (mail art category) plus some faux postage (cool stuff). Or a handmade letterset plus some vintage mailing labels. Etc.
- By definition, zines should be handmade; but you may send something you have made yourself, or something you have bought/traded previously that is made by somebody else.
- Likewise the mail art item should be handmade, but in some cases (e.g. ATCs, handmade postcards) may also be re-gifted work by somebody else.
- Items in the 'other cool stuff' category may be new, handmade, vintage, found, re-purposed or re-gifted.
- Be thoughtful, and send your partner something you would be happy to receive yourself.
To join this swap you must have:
- a minimum of 5 (different) rated postal swaps
- a rating of 4.9+
- no unexplained 1s
- no unexplained 3s or multiple re-sends within the last 6 months
- logged in no less than 1 week before the sign-up deadline
- PM'd me if you fall short of these requirements with a good reason why I should let you in anyway
I will double-check profiles before assigning partners, and will not allow any swappers to join who I feel for any reason may be a potential risk.