I took part in a swap very similar to this one last year and loved it. I asked the coordinator of that swap if they minded if I copied it and they said is was okay so....
This is a swap for art journals. The Journal must be at least 5x7 (but bigger is okay too, but no smaller). It can be handmade or store bought, but make sure it's something you'd like to receive. The cover should be decorated as well.
Artistic ability is not requires, but do try to do a nice job on the entries. Entries should be hand drawn in any medium, but could include pictures too. Writing a bit about your entries is highly recommended.
There should be at least 30 entries, to represent about a month, but does not have to be every day- you'll have about 2-3 months before you must send once partners are drawn. You can do more than one entry per day and you may start when you join, because it is not profile specific.
The original swap was loosely based on Every Day Matters by Danny Greggory, where you sketch your life.
Must include an entry with writing that introduces you. Just a brief bio, who you are, what you do, where your from, share what you want to share. could include pictures of you and where you are from, etc.
Following promts are suggestions, should do at least 15 of these throughout journal, you pick the ones you want to do. (You may want to include the prompt number with your entry).
- Draw something you don't see everyday.
- Draw something that starts with the first letter of your name.
- Draw something you should have invented by now.
- Illustrate a line from a song.
- Draw something that represents joy to you.
- Draw a close up part of something.
- Draw a self portrait..
- Draw something you are thankful for.
- Draw your watch or other piece of jewelry.
- Draw a bottle, jar or tin from your kitchen.
- Draw something you see in the morning when you get up.
- Draw something old, antique or vintage.
- Draw a familiar person place or thing, but from an unusual angle.
- Draw something soft.
- Draw your breakfast. Talk about morning routine.
- Draw your lunch. talk about who you eat lunch with.
- Draw your dinner. Talk about your family.
- Draw something you can't make it through a day without. Tell us why.
- Draw something from your childhood. What memories do you have with it.
- Draw what you are doing right now. Tell us about it.
- Draw your favorite place you've been. Talk about why you enjoy it.
- Draw a place you've never been but would love to go. Tell us what you would do there.
- Draw a dessert. Share the recipe
- Draw your foot. Talk about where they walk.
- Draw your house, front door or in side you decide- Talk about home
- Draw your favorite hobby- Why do you enjoy it.
- Draw your purse, wallet and things inside- what do you carry.
- Draw something related to your swap partners profile- write a letter to them.
- Go somewhere new and draw there- What do you see.
- Draw your favorite smell- Talk about it.
- Draw five things you can touch from where you are- make a list of 15 things you can see, hear, taste, touch from where you are.
- Draw a favorite fruit or vegetable. How do you like to eat them.
- Draw something from a favorite movie- Why did you like the movie.
- Draw a friend or family member or something that reminds you of them. Write about a memory with them
- Do a page of doodles or zentangle.
- What inspires you?
- Draw a sound
- Draw something related to a holiday. Write about why you like the holiday, what special traditions do you have.
- Draw your grocery store.
- What can you see on your tv? What do you like to watch
- What does the view look like outside of your window?
- Draw your favorite outfit or piece of an outfit. When do you like to wear it?
- Draw an animal stuffed or real.
- Draw something that made you smile today. Why?
- Draw something you have made.
- Draw a project you are working on. Share how to make it.
- Draw something you look forward to.
- Draw something hot.
- Draw something cold.
- Draw why you get up in the morning.
more art prompt ideas can be found here
Please make you art journal something you'd like to receive.
This swap as a large commitment and will not be able to angel, please do not join if you are not willing to complete the swap.
No unexplained ones or threes (which means you need to contact me if you have any-for any reason), newbies with a well filled out profile welcome to send me a private message