8/17/2021--going to take some time off from time-intensive swaps until November. Too much other (good!) stuff going on IRL that I need to focus on and my craft room is temporarily packed into boxes. I will keep checking in every few days for messages and clearing out my dashboard.
I appreciate the thoughtfulness when swap partners add extras, but I'm almost out of crafting storage space!
8/2021 I just got a refurbished Selectric II typewriter! So for the foreseeable future most letters/notes will be typed until the novelty wears off for me. If you prefer hand-written missives, I apologize in advance. 🤣
PoGo: 9528 2974 7854
A few things about me:
- 47yo, female, married w/ 4 kids (2 grownups, 1 college student, 1 teen)
- LBGTQ ally 🏳️🌈🌈
- atheist homeschooler--no denim jumpers here!
- I cook several hours a day--all gluten-free and vegan (I am omni, but don't eat meat at home, everyone else is veg)
- constantly reading, don’t leave home without my kindle or a book
- unrepentant potty mouth
- I love coffee all day and white wine at night
- NPR is my jam
- Most of the day I listen to podcasts/news shows while working, driving, crafting, etc. If I'm not reading, I'm listening.
- I like to write and receive long, newsy letters, though I warn that I'm not terribly efficient at time management so I might not write for a month then three times the following month. I'm full of surprises that way!
- Mail art delights me. #NoPlainEnvelopes
- books! Fiction, non-fiction, mysteries, thrillers, classics, poetry...I will read pretty much anything except fantasy/sci-fi. I like there to be at least some semblance of realism
- pen-pal letters
- smart, creative women, especially in the arts and politics
- unique/unusual washi and stickers
- Indigo Girls, my favorite band and almost the only music I listen to
- podcasts (Wait, Wait..., the weeknight MSNBC shows, Mea Culpa, Deadline: White House, Lovett or Leave It, Daily Beans, The Moth, This American Life, The Jackie & Laurie Show, Under the Influence, and so many more!)
- colors: olive/jade green is favorite, followed by purple, teal, turquoise, and yellow
- bright prints/motifs, but also muted/vintage 🤷🏼♀️
- letter sets
- unusual paper--textured, handmade, from old ledgers, vintage library cards, telegrams, etc.
- men in kilts
- retro images, especially retro women
- art nouveau
- art deco
- botanical images, esp. daisies, sunflowers, bonsai, moss, mushrooms
- butterflies, dragonflies, moths
- unusual typography
- book/magazine pages, especially vintage or non-English
- kaleidoscopes & similar imagery
- pens--current fave is Frixion 0.7 mm gel ink roller
- stereotypical "girly" stuff
- animal prints
- camel toe
- traditional holiday stuff; it just seems so artificial, especially xmas
- GLITTER IS THE WORST. CONFETTI IS HER BITCH STEP-SISTER
- anything containing lavender (I'm allergic). Love the color, not the plant
- religious or faith-based ANYTHING
- “cute” or kawaii
- kiddie/juvenile stuff
Favorite Postcard Themes:
- food/drink, esp. coffee or wine