Shown in picture: Re:me by @MistiKo ; Eyeball Kicks by @cranialbleeding ; A Handmade Life by @robinomayberry ; Craft Leftovers Monthly by Kristin Roach
Swap description: A Resolute Zine
Whether you have never written a full size zine before or whether you are an old-hand, this swap is here to nudge you into action! What is the zine you have been thinking about and meaning to write for ages? Make a New Year's Resolution to allow those ideas to spill forth out of your head and onto paper. No more excuses â€“ write that zine!
Your zine can be any subject â€“ art zine, craft zine, perzine, lit zine, anything-else-random-in-between-zine â€“ share your stories, artwork, reviews, thoughts, anything else you can think of that could make up a zine.
This is not a mini-zine swap! Your zine can be any size you like so long as it is made from at least 4 full sheets of paper (making a minimum of 16pp at half-size, 32pp at quarter-size etc). It may, of course, be longer!
- 3 partners = 3 zines sent & 3 zines received
- Zine can be any combination of words and images, handwritten or typed or word-processed, just artwork, or just text, as you prefer.
- Zine must be equivalent of 16pp half-size (/A5) pages.
- Binding, format, presentation are all up to you.
- This must be a newly written zine by you â€“ not something from your backlist or stash!
Some potentially useful resources
- The Zine Wiki gives a good overview of how to get started with advice on page numbering, binding and folding suggestions etc
- If you can't get your head around the page numbering layout, the Booklet Creator is a very handy device that will do all the hard work for you!
- Tutorial 1 and Tutorial 2 (more comprehensive) from art zine maven Alma Stoller might help you to organise your thoughts.
The obvious bit
You already had to have a rating of 4.9+ with no recent no-sends, 1s or 3s to join this group, so the same stands for this swap. But I will still double-check before assigning partners, and nobody with late swaps on their dashboard will be allowed to join. If you have what you feel is an unfair comment or rating, do PM me & we can try to work it out. :-)