I love my husband, my three kids, three-day weekends, high heels, art, gardening, reading, sushi, long walks on the beach... Wait, What?
Let me start over...
HI ya all. My name is Candace. I am born and raised in Utah but I am a beach lover at heart. I told my husband that when we retire, which is many years from now, but I told him that I want to retire to a little beach side cottage.
I do enjoy art, gardening, and reading. I have actually given up on wearing high heels but still admire them at the stores.
I would not say I am a girly girl, the only makeup that I ever wear is simple mascara. I can't stand stuff on my face. My daily attire is jeans, t-shirt, and flip flops (at least during the summer). I enjoy the outdoors, hiking, fishing, camping.
I love art! I have been intrigued since I was a little girl. I took every art class throughout my school years. As an adult, I continue to take classes.
I have been trying to focus all my efforts into my art. I have been working on an art journal. I am practicing so that I can make some larger pieces to go in my house. Maybe even start selling artworks.
I also make jewelry, recycled crafts, sewing, upcycling clothing, and various crafts with my kids.
• Brushes, sponges, pallet knives
• Washi Tape
• Vintage papers (Bingo cards, clothing patterns, playing cards, library cards, stamps etc. )
• Children's book illustrations
• Inks, dyes, paints, sprays
• Pens, markers, pencils of all kinds
• Stencils, stamps
• Book text, sheet music
• Maps, travel, items from other countries
• Ribbon, lace and fabrics
• Shrinky Dinks
• Buttons, charms, beads, trinkets, keys
• Found items and ephemera
I love most types of music. I grew up in a very musical family. My mom was in a bluegrass band, my brother was in a rock band, and my sister was the actress in many musicals. I have no musical talent. I can't play any instruments and I would get booed off the stage if I tried singing. But I love to sing at the top of my lungs in the car and in my basement when I am creating arts and crafts.
My favorite music at the moment is country and rock.
My favorite country bands are:
• Rascal Flatts
• Little Big Town
My favorite rock bands are:
• Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
• Five Finger Death Punch
The music I dislike would be rap and that mariachi Hispanic music that is cranked up on construction sites.
• All Tim Burton Movies
• Despicable Me Movies (especially the minions)
• The Princess Bride
• Pirates of the Caribbean
• Monty Python and the Holy Grail
• My Fair Lady
• Pitch Perfect
• The Lord of the Rings
• The Longest Ride
• The Vow
• The Poison Study series by Maria V. Snyder
• The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
• Don't let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems (actually all his books)
• Fable Haven series by Brandon Mull
• Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins
• Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling
Looks like I like series.
• Mint Green
• Fire Engine Red
• Florescent Pink
• Scandinavian Folk Art
• Woodland animals, red and white mushrooms, acorns
• Skulls and Zombies
• Pirates and Mermaids
• Sea creatures, narwhal, starfish, octopus
• Vintage Antique
Things I collect:
• Heart shaped rocks
• Flower frogs
• Dice and other game pieces
• Sea Glass from the beach
• License plates from everywhere
• Vintage buttons
• Antique hankies, tea towels and linens (especially crocheted or embroidered items)
Don't Like or Want
• Magazines or magazine clippings (I have stacks upon stacks)
• Catalogs (exception if vintage)
• Sports related items (baseball cards, basketball cards, sports memorabilia)
• Coffee (I love the smell but I don't drink it)
• Bacon... or anything that smells like bacon. Yes, I know I am crazy. It makes me sick and is banned from my house.
Major Supply Needs - I will private swap for these items
• Black Staz-on stamp pad
• Regular black stamp pad (I can't find mine anywhere!)
• Alcohol inks and sprays (I have very few)
• Triangular makeup sponges (I use them for stencils)
• Gel pens to write on dark colors , particularly florescent and pastel
• Double sided sticky tape.
• Clear coat for sealing projects
• Manilla envelopes (mostly for mailing projects, so padded or not, large and small)
• I love handmade anything and postcards are no exception
• I love a good chuckle, so funny cards are preferred
• Vintage type themes are always welcome
• I do not like free advertising postcards
• I do not like group affiliated postcards (ie: Do not pollute, Save the whales, vegan only)
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|