I love my husband, my three kids, art, gardening, reading, sushi, a wide variety of music, three-day weekends, flip flops, long walks on the beach... Wait, What?
Let me start over...
Hi ya all. My name is Candace. I am born and raised in Utah but I am a beach lover at heart. I told my husband that when we retire, which is many years from now, but I told him that I want to retire to a little beach side cottage.
I do enjoy art, gardening, reading and sushi. I would not say I am a girly girl, the only makeup that I ever wear is simple mascara which even that is very rare. I can't stand stuff on my face. My daily attire is jeans, t-shirt, and flip flops at least during the summer, oh who am I kidding as long as I don't have to walk through snow, flip flops are on my feet. I enjoy the outdoors, hiking, fishing, camping.
I love art! I have been intrigued since I was a little girl. I took every art class throughout my school years. As an adult, I continue to take classes and learn from others as often as possible. I watch tons of YouTube artists.
Collage seems to be my current art media of choice. I love to rummage through and put unexpected items together. I love recycled and upcycled arts and crafts. Just the process of making something out of junk thrills me and doesn't break my bank account. I do a bit of sewing, mostly mending my kids stuffed animals or altering their clothes or creating art dolls, dotee dolls, and little projects like that. I make jewelry that I never wear but happily give away. It makes me smile when I see family and friends wearing items that I made for them.
Major Supply Needs - I will private swap for these items
I love most types of music. I grew up in a very musical family. My mom was in a bluegrass band, my brother was in a rock band, and my sister was the actress in many musicals. I have no musical talent. I can't play any instruments and I would get booed off the stage if I tried singing. But I love to sing at the top of my lungs in the car and in my basement when I am creating arts and crafts.
My favorite music at the moment is country and rock.
My favorite country bands are:
- Rascal Flatts
- Little Big Town
My favorite rock bands are:
- Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
- Five Finger Death Punch
The music I dislike would be rap and that mariachi Hispanic music that is cranked up on construction sites.
Looks like I like series.
- Mint Green
- Fire Engine Red
- Bohemian Gypsy
- Scandinavian Folk Art
- Whimsical, Strange, Unique
- Skulls and Zombies
- Pirates and Mermaids
- Sea creatures, narwhal, starfish, octopus
- Vintage Antique
- Abstract Art
Things I collect:
- Heart shaped rocks
- Game pieces like dice, tokens, sand timers, pawns, bingo numbers, place markers
- Sea Glass from the beach
- License plates from everywhere
- Various found items like buttons, charms, beads, trinkets, keys
- Antique hankies, tea towels and linens (especially crocheted or embroidered items)
Don't Like or Want
- Magazines or magazine clippings (I have stacks upon stacks)
- Catalogs (exception if vintage)
- Sports related items (baseball cards, basketball cards, sports memorabilia)
- Anime Japanese cartoons/comics
- Coffee (I love the smell but I don't drink it)
- Bacon... or anything that smells like bacon. Yes, I know I am crazy. It makes me sick and is banned from my house.
- I love handmade anything and postcards are no exception
- I love a good chuckle, so funny cards are preferred
- Creepy, weird, strange are beloved themes
- Vintage type themes are always welcome
- I do not like free advertising postcards
- I do not like group affiliated postcards (ie: Do not pollute, Save the whales, vegan only)
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|