|Swap Coordinator:||Chelle (contact)|
|Number of people in swap:||10|
|Type:||Type 3: Package or craft|
|Last day to signup/drop:||August 15, 2010|
|Date items must be sent by:||November 30, 2010|
|Number of swap partners:||1|
Not sure how many people would be interested in this but I thought it would be nice to give it a go... Hopefully I get at least ONE partner to swap with! =D
Have you ever wanted to send something larger or heavier but held back because of the shipping charges? If so, then this swap is for you!
Partners will be assigned by early-mid August and you will need to send it in good time for your partner to receive it by 15 December (2 weeks after send-by deadline), in time for Christmas so we all get nice huge packages to open! I'm setting a long send-by deadline however the idea is to give you the option to use surface mail (which would generally take 2 - 3 months) and save on postage, so we can spend MORE on our package! =D If you are going to use surface mail, please make sure you send out your item MUCH EARLIER than the swap deadline because your partner should still receive it by 15 December!
So here are the rules:
1) Send one package that's at least 45cm x 30cm x 15cm (or 18" x 12" x 6") large --- This package should be nicely filled (and not just stuffed with paper or fillers)
2) Package should contain at least 5 items individually wrapped
3) Items must be profile based --- put thought and care into it please!
4) Package should be worth approximately US$20 - US$30 before shipping (of course you can go higher if you wish)
5) Package should be sent out with enough time such that it arrives by 15 December 2010 (please bear in mind the festive season and the fact that mail takes longer during this time)
And here are the participant requirements:
1) No newbies.
2) Have at least 30 hearts for type three packages.
3) Have at least 70% of all type 3 swaps with hearts.
4) No 1s ever. No recent 3s (within the last year).
5) Have a well filled out profile --- It will be difficult to shop for you if you don't list very much in your profile. Some ideas for making it easier to shop for you: - Have an Etsy / Amazon favorites link in your profile - List both general and specific likes and dislikes e.g. General likes: Pink, flowers, soft toys and Specifics: Color pencils, cartoon bookmarks, Hello Kitty stationery
Partners need not purchase from the Etsy or Amazon list but it would go a long way in giving an idea of the kind of things you like.
Any exceptions to the above - please PM me and I will review your profile first.
Please join only if you are happy with all of the rules above and are able to fulfill them.
Cheers and happy swapping!
Edit 7 Aug: I am extending the signup date by a week to give a couple of people more time to get those ratings required. =)
Edit 12 Aug: I changed the requirement to read 70% of all rated type 3 swaps because a lot of postcard and e-mail swaps usually don't receive hearts, and they don't really count in this swap anyways. =)
You must be logged in to leave a comment. Click here to log in.