I am a 35-year old freelance writer, author of children's books, and a variety of freelance articles. My first children's fantasy book, Anika and the Magic Top, was published in 2007 and is available on Amazon. I am also a freelance editor, plying my writerly trade in Denton, TX, USA. I live with my husband and four cats. Currently, I am shopping my second novel, a historical fiction about pirates, to literary agents.
I love to write, travel, draw, color, practice karate, rehab wild animals, do creative journaling, go to conferences, swaps of all kinds, and meet new and interesting people.
I love to work on hand-drawn ATC's a lot. I am not the best artist in the world, but I try, and most of the time, the results are decent. I love to draw manga, fantasy (unicorns), and other mystical animals as well.
I am a crafty gal- I do beading on a regular basis, sewing, scrapbooking, and creative journaling. I keep an Etsy store with my creations at www.karli.etsy.com. I am also very active on Postcrossing, and it was great to add Swap-Bot to my repertoaire!
Things that I looove and love to get besides things from my Etsy and Amazon wishlists:
1) POSTCARDS: animals, nature, fantasy, cool ad cards, art, unusual, handmade, unicorns, pirates.
2) JAPANESE: Hello Kitty, kawaii, cute, anything pink, gothic, lolita, manga, anime, cupcakes.
3) BOOKS: anime, manga, fashion, unusual, cute, nature, animals, comics, pirates. I have a loooong Amazon wishlist for those profile-based wishlist swaps.
4) FASHION: high fashion, high-end cosmetics, fashion mags, fashion books, jewelry, cute bags, Victoriana, Rennaisance, vintage, sweet and gothic lolita, Hello Kitty, Harajuku Lovers, Tokidoki, perfumes.
5) CRAFTS: anything crafty, I use it all! Beads, papers, scraps, ephemera, buttons, stickers, rhinestones, etc. I'll donate what I won't use.
6) ART: Alphonse Mucha, Salvador Dali, Art Nouveau, Laurel Burch, Nick Bantock, Ai Yamaguchi, Victoriana, Elizabethan art, gothic art, James Jean.
7) SWEETS: I am not really big on sweets in general, but I do have an ocassional Milka chocolate and Rafaello coconut balls.
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|