I am over 60, and I do not feel old, I feel matured, wiser and maybe even a little mellowed. I am a sister, a mother, a wife and a grandmother. I was born in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, but I spent most of my life living on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada. I grew up in a family of five girls and ended up getting married and raising three boys. I have five granddaughters and will have the fifth grandson in March. I miss them all very much. I am on my second marriage to a man I met on line in a chat room playing cribbage in 1999. We had a long distance relationship, each travelling to and from Vancouver Island, BC, Canada and Florida, USA until 2009. I got a fiancé visa and moved to Florida to be married in 2010. It was a long and expensive process, but we are very happy, and I have my “green card” – the process is nothing like the movie…LOL My husband is an engineer and he travels a lot or we travel a lot. We love doing things together, mostly cooking, taking road trips, going to second hand stores and garage sales, watching movies, gardening, playing cards…and more. .
I love to sew and I find a lot of my patterns and tutorials for my projects on the internet.
I have a lot of fabric that I inherited from an avid sewer and quilter.
I sew hand bags and pouches, aprons and place mats, oven mitts and pot holders, pincushions and all kinds of things for the home and swaps. I love trying new things when I find a good tutorial for something to sew.
I love to use the fabric I have but I also use clothing for fabric. I love using denim!
I crochet, and have tried knitting. I tried the Knook, but much prefer the Tunisian crochet.
Most of my crochet projects are pot holders, dish cloths, scarves and smaller things for swaps.
I save used tee shirts and cotton tops for making yarn and I have started a rug for the bathroom.
I have started making dream catchers using the grapevines in the yard and things that I have collected from garage sales and swaps. There are a few other projects that I love to try from inspiration of the internet especially Pinterest.
Postcards I love to receive!
* Owls (Inga Paltser)
* Evgenia Gapchinska Angels and artwork (http://polarbearstale.blogspot.com/2011/10/eugenia-gapchinska.html)
* Victoria Kirdiy (http://rememberingletters.wordpress.com/tag/victoria-kirdiy/)
* Inge Look (the old ladies)
Things I would like in swaps....
I watch all of my shows on my computer through Netflix, Hulu Plus and Amazon.
I would prefer not to receive the following:
• Items that smell of cigarette smoke
• NO GLITTER
Makeup and lotions.
Bent items (please pack carefully) and note cards without an envelope.
• Postcards with perforated edges, bent corners and/or wanna be postcards (the ones made from flimsy cardboard, homemade, or are just not real store bought postcards)
• I am not interested in ANYTHING political or religious!! If you send me a holiday card, please keep it non-religious - Santa Clause, Christmas trees, candy canes etc - with the exception of ANGELS!! I believe in angels.
• Please do not send things that relate to paper crafts unless it is in the swap. I tried paper crafts and I am much more comfortable with fabric and yarn.
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|