Date Joined: January 17, 2011
Last Online: January 3, 2013
Country: United States
Food: Some of my favorite things to cook and eat- pasta, soup, chocolate chip cookies with milk, breakfast food, steak, asparagus, stir-fry, pesto, meatballs (with spaghetti and heroes), chicken parmesan, risotto, sweet potato fries, roast chicken and vegetables, Raisinets When I don't feel like cooking I love In-n-Out burgers, Cheesecake Factory, Mexican food
Beverages: diet pepsi, milk, iced chai lattes, hot Tazo chai tea, Nescafe instant coffee packets (I'm addicted), I loooooooove french vanilla coffee mate in my hot drinks.
We recently canceled our cable service so now we watch TV shows on Netflix. I have watched the entire American Office series 3 times. I also love to watch King of the Hill, and, when we had TV, I really liked Color Splash on HGTV.
If I was stranded on a desert island, and for some reason had the forethought to bring 5 movies, those movies would be:
1. The Big Lebowski
2. Gone With the Wind
5. Return of the Jedi (but only if Kyle was stranded with me. If he wasn't then I hope I'd have "A Christmas Story" instead)
If I could only listen to 5 albums for the rest of my life they would be:
1. Bob Marley- One Love: The Very Best of Bob Marley & The Wailers
2. The White Stripes- Elephant
3. The Specials- Specials
4. Joni Mitchell- Blue
5. The Beatles- Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
My favorite genres are ska, dub, and reggae. Anything with a good beat and a lot of soul makes me happy! I LOVE listening to music while I'm driving and always looking for new bands to love.
I'm liking this top 5 thing soooo I'll do one more... my top 5 favorite crafts:
1. Crocheting- I like to think that I'm an excellent crocheter. I love following complicated patterns. I like making animals and ami figures as well as afghans, washcloths, towels, rugs, etc. etc. I could crochet all day, everyday if I wouldn't run out of yarn! I like working with all types of yarn but my favorites are regular worsted acrylic, organic cotton, and chunky wool. I lust after bright, rich colors and luxurious textures.
2. Painting on wood with acrylics
3. Sewing pillows and other simple decor items. I do NOT get along well with complicated patterns, or specific measurements.
4. Drawing- I enjoy drawing comics and cartoons, as well as graffiti art style, still life scenes, octopuses, and the human figure. I also LOVE to doodle with sharpies and crayons.
5. OMG I can't settle on a 5th. I guess it's paper crafts, but not really scrap booking. I like ATCs and altering books and things more. My favorite types of embellishments are eyelets and brads.
I have a hard time describing my style because I think it's pretty eclectic. I'll just list some of the things I love and that will hopefully give you an idea! Here goes... koi fish, bright colors, birds, trees, moose, art toys, retro, mid-century modern, steam punk, modern, bold floral prints, wrought iron, flowers, dark wood, Hokusai, Billabong, Santa Cruz screaming hand.....To Be CoNtInUeD.......
Makeup, purple stuff, Twilight, celebrity chefs, fennel, malt balls, mosquito hawks, and my cat's hairballs.