UPDATE 2/3/2016: So, I am at a turning point in my life. My husband and I have separated and I am trying to get on my own two feet. Job hunting and interviews are taking up a lot of my spare time, along with caring for our two children throughout the week. I am trying not to get involved in too many swaps, and the ones I am currently in, I am trying to complete them as best as I can. I have never had any big issues swapping, but if for some reason a problem arises, it is because of our postal service, or that i have forgotten to do something on my end. Please contact me first before assuming I am a flaker and that I cannot hold up my part of the swap. I am a very generous and understanding person, so I always try to right my wrongs. It's such a crazy time in my life, so for those that do understand, i thank you tremendously! Swap-Bot has been such a wonderful experience for me and I plan on continuing, just at a slower pace.
If you are curious to know more about me, I can be found on Facebook under the name Chelsey Garner, & also on Pinterest under the name Chelsey Garner as well.
Feel free to email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
*** If there are any questions or doubts you may have, before you rate me, please private message me first so we can figure out what's going on and give me the chance to make it right IF I did anything wrong. There have not been any issues as of yet, but I figured I would go ahead and put this on my profile just to sort of give you guys a heads up. Thanks everyone! :)
- Greenville, Alabama is the place I call home for now. Not the most ideal place, but it's where my family is and I've lived in Alabama my whole life, so I can't say TOO many bad things about it. Although I will say this: Don't believe everything you hear about us southerners being "rednecks", "inbreed", or that we are all stupid. I am personally none of the above. I would describe myself as a city girl in a southern world. I will say that when it comes to food, ain't nothing like a good southern family dinner!
- 27 years young.
- mother to a 6 year old little girl, & to a 9 month old baby boy.
- Stay-At-Home Mom is my new job title. And it's the TOUGHEST job ever!
- Paper Lover.
- I am obsessed with coloring in all of my coloring books at the moment. It's become a new way for me to relax.
- list maker
- washi tape hoarder
- magazine addict (Glamour, People,
Hgtv magazines, diy/craft magazines, O, & tons more!)
- married for 5 years to wonderful man, but I've been with my him for 11 years combined. Things have been rocky in our lives lately, but as long as I know he will stand beside me and vice versa, we will be able to overcome anything. Besides my few best girlfriends, my husband is also one of my best friends & the thought of him not being present in my life.......well I just can't even picture that! It would be a very gloomy time.
- good conversationalist
- I enjoy redecorating our home and doing diy projects any time I can.
- teacup/tea set collector
- shabby chic. antiques. vintage.
- fav tv shows: (when I can actually watch it) Scandal, Greys Anatomy, Breaking Bad (so behind) , Orange Is The New Black
- Fav Books: I read pretty much any and everything except crime or anime type books.
- before becoming a stay at home mom, I was a hairstylist and I LOVED my job! I miss it greatly, but staying home was the path that I had to take at that time in my life.
- I'm a very open and honest person, and when I tell someone I'm going to do a certain thing, I usually always do it. I greatly dislike people who don't do something they said they would!
- I'm not a mean girl. I don't bully or pick on others. I am not here to criticize or belittle another person just because they didn't do something right. I'm new at this, so I need all the help and positive vibes I can get.
- I'm not picky when it comes to receiving gifts. I am a very feminine woman......meaning I will love any and all things that scream LADY! :)
- I have a massive jewelry collection ( massive to me anyway), even though ever since I quit working, I hardly ever get to wear my nice things anymore. But nonetheless, I still love me some fabulous fakes ;)
- I am a pretty good cook, but not the best baker. I'm working on it!
- I love long hot baths and tons of relaxing and smell good bath products. Im a beauty junky to the highest degree!
- my favorite colors at the moment are: blush/ rosy pinks, creams, golds, lavender, and light blues
- music preference: I listen to ALOT of diff artists. The only music I don't listen to is gospel and although I occasionally come across a song I like, I don't listen to much rap. I like a lot of 90's songs. I also listen to a lot of rock. One of my FAV bands are The Civil Wars. Even though they no longer make music together anymore, listening to their past albums......ahhhhh their voices combined are just amazing!
- I have a very secret crush on stickers. I collected them when I was younger, and like so many things, I got disinterested in it and grew up. But now that I am almost 30 years old, I've learned that I LIKE WHAT I LIKE. It doesn't matter to me if someone else thinks it's dumb or childish. Screw em.
- I would be estactic if one of you guys, or myself personally came across a pack of the original LISA FRANK STATIONARY SET. That would make my week!!
- I've been struggling with a mood disorder and my hormones got severely messed up because of the form of birth control I was on, so for a minute there I actually felt crazy. It's a long story. I am trying to find my own personal happiness again and rise above a lot of the things that have happened within my life over the past year. Mail that makes me smile and just gives me an overall sense of happiness......well, that's what's im looking for!
- I am not a picky eater, so if there was ever a food swap or gift card swap, I am down for whatever. No food allergies that I know of.
- I am into reference books pretty hard these days. I want to get better at hand lettering, so I've got a manual about that. I am also interested in watercolor painting. I've painted with watercolors many times, but now that I know all the things that can be made into something beautiful just from watercolors......it has made me want to try and make different pieces of art, snail mail decor, and just turn it into a hobby period.
- I LOVE perfume. I never ever leave the house without any on, no matter what I am wearing or where I am going......it is a must for me!
I am into the whole planner art project too.. Since I'm new at it, I'm seeing so many great planners and ideas and it makes me want to throw mine away and start over!
Things that make me smile/ Wishlist:
- flowers (not red roses)
- Victorian era images/items
- nail polish (without glitter.......takes way too long for me to get it off lol)
- gel pens
- fine tip markers
- fine tip permanent pens
- coloring books/pages for adults
- candy (pretty much any type of candy except dark chocolate or licorice)
- beautiful stationary
- notecard sets
- Lisa Frank
- recipes to try (I'm not a vegan or vegatarian)
- face masks
- handmade items
- thick fuzzy socks to wear at night
- hair masks
- quotes/images/paintings of funny, happy, or uplifting sayings)
- postcards (I would like some from different states, but PLEASE, no generic touristy looking ones), any postcards with images of watercolor flowers, or vintage/antique ones would be ideal.)
- interesting facts or stories
- informative articles such as: diy projects, crafts to do for myself or with my children, advice, tips etc.......)
- I LOVE succulents!
- rose gold or gold, dainty, feminine jewelry
- old books or book pages
- scent sachets
- pretty labels
- WASHI tape! I have so much, but I can never enough!)
- scrapbook paper (scraps or whole sheets)
- pretty wrapping paper or tissue paper
- fabric (scraps or larger pieces)
- embroidery supplies
- candles (not apple or cinnamon though)
- rubber stamps and ink pads
- pretty patterned paper napkins/doilies
- lace doilies
- notebooks/notepads/memo notes
- postage stamps(new or used)
- magazines(articles you think I may like, diy magazines, fashion & beauty, flow magazine, psychology today, glamour magazine, readers digest, parenting/family magazines.......it would make my day to receive a magazine such as the ones above, from a different country!)
- STICKERS!!! Love. Them. Especially: girly/feminine stickers, quotes, words, 3D, vintage or antique, unique, glittery or shimmery, beautiful floral stickers, mermaids, fairies, lace, colorful, rainbows, stickers I can use for borders, teacups/tea sets, polka dots, romantic, birds, cupcakes, fruity stickers, popsicles, clouds, jewel stickers,and so many others. Please do not send me cartoon or reward themed stickers. My daughters has an endless supply of them that I can use if I ever have to.
- BARBIE MEMORABILIA. I like the older, more vintage looking Barbie items instead of the modern type stuff. Any stickers, pictures, Barbie clothes, books about Barbie, stationary, postcards, etc.......Any of that would be so great to receive!
- paper dolls and paper doll books
depression glass (pinks, blues, or the jade green color. Images, small pieces,etc.......whatever you do not want or have a need for, just send my way)
Dislikes : sloppy work & cartoon themed items are the main things. Also, I do believe in a higher power, but please no religious or political type things. both of those subjects are things that can make or break any good conversation or friendship, so if you will, omit those from any future swaps.
I am sure there are many more things I could list, but I just wanted to give you all a general idea of who I am, what I like, & what I am interested in. I am not hard to please and when I chose to become a member of swap-bot, it was not to get free things. It was more because of the fact that I was trying to make new friends and start writing to pen pals again.
I have never attempted an ATC or a Friendship letter/book, so if any if you have some great pointers and include a note in a swap you send me, or even comment/message me about those two subjects, that would be very appreciated. They look like fun to do, so I really want to try and make either/or soon!
As long as I can tell that a person has tried their best and has clearly put forth great effort, I will be totally happy! Even if I receive something that doesn't appeal to me like it would to someone else, more than likely I will not complain. If I am a partner for a swap for any of you, and you aren't sure about something, just shoot me a message and I will gladly answer whatever questions you may have.
I am hoping to make some great connections with pen pals/ other swappers and I am so excited that I came across this project! Getting to know new people from all different walks of life is something I look forward to! My father is a mail carrier and as far back as I can remember, I have always enjoyed paper crafts & sending/receiving mail. I tend to get a bit giddy when I see there is something for me in the mail besides bills :)