Date Joined: July 20, 2009
Last Online: January 15, 2017
Birthday: January 2
Country: United States
My Flickr Photos
⭐I post many of my finished swap items to my flickr account as I finish them. I hope it doesn't spoil your happy mail surprise!⭐
Krista, liberal, fragile, a mother of two who I could not live without, a wife and lover, quirky, tattooed, always drinking coffee, a book worm, a comic book collector, a daughter, a friend, a bleeding heart, a believer in equal rights, a dog person, art supply obsessed, a mess-maker, empathetic, a glass half full philosopher, a night owl, a straight ally for LGBT individuals, a musician and music lover, a writer, a wine drinker, an illustrator, a mentor, a thing-finder and collector of oddities, a thrift shop and junkyard explorer, a scab-picker, a lover of the little things, a supporter of the underdog, mathematically challenged, a wanderer, free spirited, a believer in living life to the fullest because you just never know, a prolific swear word user and ever-changing.
- Mixed Media painting/paper arts
- MAIL ART
- Art Journals
- Junk Journals & Smash books
- Mini zines
- Fimo/Polymer clay
- Jewelry & Beading
- Stamp Carving/Block Printing
- Altered Books
- I am trying out altered bottles and bottle dolls, so any snippets of black or colored lace trim or jeweled trim would be wonderful (enough to fit around a wine bottle).
I LOVE COFFEE!
OBSESSED WITH COFFEE, coffee items, coffee stickers, coffee magnets, artwork with coffee, coffee stamps, coffee paper, drinking gallons of coffee (lol)...
Married since 1999, Mother of two amazing teenagers who I could not live without. Our daughter Ariana just graduated from High School and our son Braeden will be a Junior this school year. I am also a Mentor with Big Brothers Big Sisters and am lucky enough to have spent the last 4 years with a wonderful Little Sister named Layla. I recently received the Community Based Big Sister of the Year award that I'm so proud of.
We just lost our beloved shih tsu to kidney failure July 1st (2016) and are devastated. I feel like my heart will never heal.
I am the Adaptive Arts teacher at a local High School for students with disabilities. I also teach Art Journaling classes (middle school to adult) and Art Camps for my local Visual Arts Center for children ages 5-12.
Criminal Minds (Dr. Spencer Reid and Penelope Garcia are my favorite characters), Smallville, Whitechapel, Supernatural, Stranger Things, 48 Hours Mystery, Dateline NBC, CW's TVD and Beauty and the Beast (my most recent two guilty pleasures as far as television goes). I also love my Twin Peaks Gold box set and binge watch the entire series almost every summer. I also used to watch Dexter, Spartacus (Blood and Sand), Snapped, Ghost Whisperer, and X-Files.
Bright Olive Green, Blues, Greens, Purples, Magenta, Black and White patterns, Polka Dots, Jewel tones, and GLITTER (that's a color, right?!). I'm not fond of pastel colors or country patterns.
I also like to:
Go out for coffee with friends, Read, Wander (especially in the woods), Thrift shop/garage sale shop, Visit Roadside Attractions, Visit Art Museums, Do photography, Go to movies, Volunteer at my local Art galleries and my son just convinced me to start playing Pokemon Go.
Quirky-Cute Indie Films, ❤Watching the Detectives❤, Amelie ♥Edward Scissorhands, Coraline, The Lovely Bones, Murder By Numbers, May, Perks of Being a Wallflower, American Psycho, Beetlejuice, Heathers, The Lost Boys, Super 8, I Madman, Silence of the Lambs, Taking Lives, Warm Bodies, Tim Burton movies, David Lynch movies.
I LOVE CREEPY DOLLS
Critters & Animals
DRAGONFLIES, RACCOONS, whimsical woodland creatures, GNOMES, SNAILS, Hedgehogs, Squirrels, Fox, PINK FLAMINGOS, Lions
My favorite flower is the Iris (especially the big purple kinds with yellow centers), I love being in the woods, I grow succulents and a large variety of Hostas.
I mostly read True Crime/Serial Killer Books or murder mysteries. Favorite authors include Cleo Coyle (Coffeehouse series), Erica Spindler, Patricia Cornwell, Lisa Gardner, Ann Rule, Nancy Bush, Karin Slaughter, Edgar Allen Poe, Marie Rainer Rilke, Claudio Sanchez (Amory Wars), various art books (Traci Bunkers, Keri Smith, Jane Davies, Chris Cozen, Julie Prichard, Suzanne Simantis, etc), and various comics/graphic novels (The Maxx, Amory Wars, Chew, My Friend Dahmer). I have also illustrated two published children's books.
I am OBSESSED with COHEED AND CAMBRIA. I also enjoy Puscifer, The Hives, Pixies, Long Distance Calling, Muse, 30 Seconds to Mars, AFI, Fugazi, Radiohead, Massive Attack, Incubus, Bob Marley, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Beastie Boys, Sparta, Dredg, The Distillers, Young Love, Faith No More/Mike Patton anything.
MEN IN UNIFORM!
I WOULD LOVE:
- ANYTHING 1960's KITSCH
- ☆ROAD MAPS from your state or country!!!☆
- VINTAGE CAMPER ANYTHING
- ☆Planner stickers, motivation quotes (I have a Create 365 Happy Planner, but other stickers are welcomed too).☆
- Ephemera (original, not reproduced)
- VINTAGE GYPSY IMAGES, ATCs, etc
- STICKERS: stars, glittery, sparkly, scratch n sniff, flowers, dragonflies, Vintage Strawberry Shortcake (especially Purple Pie Man), sugar skulls, creepy stickers, alphabets, hearts, snails, pink flamingos, and coffee anything (even from coffee shops/ads). DISLIKE: Teacher/reward stickers and Lisa Frank style. Thanks!
- Kitschy things from the 60's and 70's
- "Hello My Name Is" Adhesive labels
- TAROT CARDS/images
- LOTERIA CARDS/images
- ❤Theme: AIRMAIL/SNAIL MAIL/HAPPY MAIL❤
- ANATOMICAL items/images
- Vintage PALM READING items/images
- Journals (blank or lined, any size)
- CAPRICORN ANYTHING
- DAY OF THE DEAD anything
- SMASH BOOK supplies
- Collage images, especially vintage
- ❤COFFEE items (stickers, stamps, etc)❤
- VINTAGE MAGAZINES/images (original)
- ❤MAIL ART MAKES ME HAPPY❤
- ZINES/MINI ZINES
- Journal Prompts
- Tea tags
- Tea (minty teas are my fave)
- DOLL PARTS (especially heads/eyes)
- Tissue paper (colored/patterned/glittery)
- Things with MUSHROOMS or RACCOONS
- NAPKINS (colored/patterned)
- Foreign language vocabulary cards
- Anything STAR shaped or HEART shaped
- Book pages in different languages
- Incense (Sandalwood and Musk are faves)
- I'm super open-minded and do not get offended easily. As long as it's not anti-gay, sexist or racist, we are good.
- Send me anything. If I can't use it, I will happily pass it along.
- Rose scented items, gives me migraines.
- Anti-gay anything
- pastel colors or country patterns/themes
- Coconut in foods, but I like the scent
- Religious themes (unless Wiccan or New Age)
- Teacher/reward stickers
- I take my swaps seriously and put care into them.
- I rate when I receive a swap (right after I open them).
- If you haven't received a swap from me, please message me and I will gladly resend.
- I reuse and recycle whenever possible.
- Questions, or for a private swap, message me!
- @erica03817 for Washi Tape Bookmark Swap #2. Contacted her, no message in return.
I am trying to repair my poor ratings back from 2013 when I was going through a tough personal health issue and appreciate your compassion and patience. ❤