Date Joined: July 20, 2009
Last Online: October 10, 2018
Birthday: January 2
Country: United States
My Flickr Photos
SPOILER: I post many of my swaps on my flickr account. Hope it doesn't ruin the fun of receiving anything from me!
Krista, liberal, fragile, a mother of two who I could not live without, quirky, tattooed, always drinking coffee, a book worm, a comic book collector, a daughter, a friend, a bleeding heart, a believer in equal rights, a dog person, art supply obsessed, a mess-maker, empathetic, a glass half full philosopher, a night owl, a musician and music lover, a writer, an illustrator, a mentor, a thing-finder and collector of oddities, a thrift shop and junkyard explorer, curious about the paranormal, a lover of the little things, a supporter of the underdog, mathematically challenged, a wanderer, free spirited, a believer in living life to the fullest because you just never know, a prolific swear word user and ever-changing.
- Mixed Media painting/paper arts
- MAIL ART
- Art Journals
- Junk Journals & Smash books
- Mini zines
- Fimo/Polymer clay
- Jewelry & Beading
- Stamp Carving/Block Printing
- Altered Books
- I am trying out altered bottles and bottle dolls, so any snippets of black or colored lace trim or jeweled trim would be wonderful (enough to fit around a wine bottle).
I LOVE COFFEE!
OBSESSED WITH COFFEE, coffee items, coffee stickers, coffee magnets, artwork with coffee, coffee stamps, coffee paper, drinking gallons of coffee (lol)...
I am the proud Mother of 2 adult children, ages 18 and 20, and a NEW GRANDMA of a sweet little boy named Vincent (my pride and joy). I was married for over 20 years when my husband left in March of 2016 to pursue a woman from work. Needless to say, I was devastated! Did some major soul-searching and work on myself, but I am pleased to say that I met an amazing man named Matt who treats me as if my happiness is his goal in life. He calls me beautiful more than my actual name. I guess its true that when one door closes, another one opens and everything happens for a reason!
Cooper Atlas Warren:
I am the proud new doggy mama to a sweet terrier-mix rescue dog that was saved from a kill shelter in Texas. Last Paws Rescue, based in Wisconsin (where I live) travels down to the Lone Star State once a month and rescues dogs from kill shelters and fosters them until a suitable family is found. Cooper and I BOTH have a second chance at life, so it was a perfect match.
During the traditional school year, I am a para-educator in a room for high school students with severe autism. This will be my 12th year in Special Education, however I am looking for a different career path now that both my children have graduated AND due to injuries sustained last year from yet another student meltdown. During the summers I am the program coordinator and lead instructor for my local center for the visual arts. My students range from ages 5 through 12 and I absolutely LOVE doing it!!!
I was on a professional Ghost Hunting team for a year as an investigator and historical researcher. We have traveled all over Wisconsin and to Iowa and Virginia, investigating factories, schools, asylums, and private residences. Whether you're a believer or skeptic, it is a favorite hobby of mine. I am in the process of starting my own team and am super excited for future locations to investigate. Ed and Lorraine Warren, pioneers of paranormal investigation, are such inspirations to me and I hope to emulate their techniques and be as knowledgeable as them someday.
Criminal Minds (Dr. Spencer Reid and Penelope Garcia are my favorite characters), Supernatural, Snapped, Paranornal State, Ghost Adventures, Stranger Things.
Bright Olive Green, Blues, Greens, Purples, Magenta, Black and White patterns, Polka Dots, Jewel tones, and GLITTER (that's a color, right?!). I'm not fond of pastel colors or country patterns.
I also like to:
Go to the movies, visit festivals and local events, visit kitschy roadside attractions, do guerilla art and random acts of kindness, volunteer and attend hockey games for my city's hockey team, hike, go camping, visit art galleries and museums, PLAY DRUMS, read, kayak, GO FISHING and boating, attend music festivals AND CONCERTS, go to thrift stores/antique shops/flea markets and peruse old used book stores.
Quirky-Cute Indie Films, Watching the Detectives, Amelie, Edward Scissorhands, Coraline, The Conjuring 1 & 2, The Lovely Bones, Murder By Numbers, May, Perks of Being a Wallflower, American Psycho, Beetlejuice, Heathers, The Lost Boys, Super 8, I Madman, Silence of the Lambs, Taking Lives, Warm Bodies, Tim Burton movies, David Lynch movies.
I LOVE CREEPY DOLLS
Critters & Animals
DRAGONFLIES, RACCOONS, whimsical woodland creatures, GNOMES, SNAILS, Hedgehogs, Squirrels, Fox, PINK FLAMINGOS, Lions
My favorite flower is the Iris (especially the big purple kinds with yellow centers). I'd much rather receive a bouquet of handpicked flowers or a bright variety of flowers from a farmer's market than a bunch of roses or expensive arrangements. I love being in the woods or by the water.
I mostly read True Crime/Serial Killer Books or murder mysteries. Favorite authors include Cleo Coyle (Coffeehouse series), Erica Spindler, Patricia Cornwell, Lisa Gardner, Ann Rule, Nancy Bush, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Edgar Allen Poe, Marie Rainer Rilke, Claudio Sanchez (Amory Wars), various art books (Traci Bunkers, Keri Smith, Jane Davies, Chris Cozen, Julie Prichard, Suzanne Simantis, etc), and various comics/graphic novels (The Maxx, Amory Wars, Chew, My Friend Dahmer). I have also illustrated two published children's books.
I am OBSESSED with COHEED AND CAMBRIA. I also enjoy Puscifer, Ghost, The Hives, Pixies, Long Distance Calling, Muse, 30 Seconds to Mars, AFI, Fugazi, Radiohead, Massive Attack, Incubus, Bob Marley, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Beastie Boys, Sparta, Dredg, The Distillers, Young Love, Faith No More/Mike Patton anything.
MEN IN UNIFORM!
I WOULD LOVE:
- Anything with an ANCHOR on it!
- Dies and embossing folders (Sizzix BigKick)
- Unique stencils, handmade or store bought
- ANYTHING 1960's KITSCH
- GHOST, cemetery or haunted house related items (stickers, cutouts, Ghostbusters anything)
- ROAD MAPS from your state or country!!!
- VINTAGE CAMPER ANYTHING
- PLANNER STICKERS, motivation quotes (I have a Create 365 Happy Planner, but other stickers are welcomed too).
- BOB ROSS anything
- GOOGLY EYES
- Ephemera (original, not reproduced)
- VINTAGE GYPSY IMAGES, ATCs, etc
- STICKERS: stars, glittery, sparkly, scratch n sniff, flowers, ghosts/Halloween, dragonflies, Vintage Strawberry Shortcake (especially Purple Pie Man), sugar skulls, creepy stickers, alphabets, hearts, snails, pink flamingos, and coffee anything (even from coffee shops/ads). DISLIKE: Teacher/reward stickers and Lisa Frank style. Thanks!
- "Hello My Name Is" Adhesive labels
- TAROT CARDS/images
- LOTERIA CARDS/images
- Theme: AIRMAIL/SNAIL MAIL/HAPPY MAIL
- ANATOMICAL items/images
- Vintage PALM READING items/images
- Journals (blank or lined, any size)
- CAPRICORN ANYTHING
- DAY OF THE DEAD anything
- SMASH BOOK supplies
- Collage images, especially vintage
- COFFEE items (stickers, stamps, etc)
- VINTAGE MAGAZINES/images (original)
- MAIL ART MAKES ME HAPPY
- ZINES/MINI ZINES
- Journal Prompts
- Tea tags
- Tea (minty teas are my fave)
- DOLL PARTS (especially heads/eyes)
- Tissue paper (colored/patterned/glittery)
- Things with MUSHROOMS or RACCOONS
- NAPKINS (colored/patterned)
- Foreign language vocabulary cards
- Anything STAR shaped or HEART shaped
- Book pages in different languages
- Incense (Sandalwood and Musk are faves)
- I'm super open-minded and do not get offended easily. As long as it's not anti-gay, sexist or racist, we are good.
- Send me anything. If I can't use it, I will happily pass it along. But...
- Rose scented items, gives me migraines.
- ALLERGIC TO YELLOW FOOD COLORING
- Anti-gay anything
- pastel colors or country patterns/themes
- Coconut in foods, but I like the scent
- Teacher/reward stickers
- I take my swaps seriously and put care into them.
- I rate when I receive a swap (right after I open them).
- If you haven't received a swap from me, please message me and I will gladly resend.
- I reuse and recycle whenever possible.
- Questions, or for a private swap, message me!
- @erica03817 for Washi Tape Bookmark Swap #2. Contacted her, no message in return.
I am trying to repair my poor ratings back from 2013 when I was going through a tough personal health issue and appreciate your compassion and patience.