Date Joined: October 18, 2016
Last Online: January 17, 2018
Birthday: December 20
Country: United States
Please, please, please let me know if you don't receive a swap from me. I take care to send something to you that I think you may enjoy and am most peeved when it is not received :-(
But, because I am not yet telepathic (curses!) I need to know if you don't receive your swap. I would be happy to make it right once you let me know.
I currently live in Northern Virginia surrounded by history, politics, traffic....and my cat. I've been in Virginia for many years, but grew up in a military family moving from place to place and as a result I have itchy feet and can be something of a pack-rat.
I enjoy traveling and meeting new people but am not hugely adventurous. I would prefer a museum over sky-diving, but i might be talked into it :-)
I am also an archaeologist by education and have spent time volunteering locally and overseas. I love history and a good mystery and archaeology covers that to a 'T'.
In my free time (what there is) I create stained glass works for friends and for sale. I also love being crafty in general and can really dig into a DIY project with gusto.
Love movies, hoard them with a passion :-)
Sci-Fi has been my fav for a long time, but I love anything that is good and has meaning or is just really fun to watch.
My current watch list includes Jurassic World, the Secret Life of Walter Mitty, The Thin Man, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Godzilla, and Akira.
Oh, and I am a Tarzan buff.....all Tarzans....
I read voraciously....mostly fiction, but a good non-fiction about history, political figures, and current events can catch my attention.
I like paper books and have a packed library, but am slowly accumulating just as many e-books.
I enjoy all kinds of music so it's hard to put a list together of my favorites. I enjoy anything from Adele to Mainheim Steamrollers and from Miranda Lambert to Queen. I am a child of the 80s and 90s but still love Jazz, Big Band, Swing, and things my grandparents may have grown up with.
Personally, I think I was born with some glue on my hands or something. I definitely inherited the crafting gene from my Mother and Grandmother who always made our clothes, made birthdays special, and always made something dingy sparkle.
My current projects:
Massive stained glass crafting in process.....it's holiday season!
Eyeing my holiday wreath....that thing needs more feathers
And my cat just walked by......hmmm....she may have been barfing glitter....whoops!
Likes: I enjoy handmade or store bought items, that are unique, well made, and shows that some thought has been put into it. Items can be just for decorative purposes or be useful in some fashion.
As I enjoy crafting and doing stained glass, I'm always looking for some small bauble or doohickey that I can integrate into my pieces.
I love antique buttons, gem and mineral specimens, things with texture and color, a thought provoking poem, spices, fuzzy socks, catnip mice (well, my cat likes them!), sewing patterns, vintage jewelry. Dragons and cats. Shabby chic and rusty gold!
Dislikes: Anything cheap and poorly made. Knock offs, things that aren't special or unique. Things that are trashy or in poor taste and smell 'funky' (use your imagination). Things that are overly religious or in your face about it.
Oh the wishes I have!
• Tea to add to my collection - love peppermint, vanilla, calming teas. No green tea or anything lemongrass, rooibos, or purely ginger. My absolute favorite teas are the Ginger Peach by the Republic of Tea, Lady Grey by Twinings, and White Ginger Pear by Forte or Trader Joe's. I am fine with you sending me loose leaf tea, but please make sure it is fresh and is secured well. You can imagine the mess if it is not!
• Recipes - i have a collection, but I'm interested in beefing it up. Healthy or international is good and of course for sweets and cookies! Spices!!! Crock-pot ideas!! Yes!!
• Antique buttons - don't ask me why, but I love them!
• Washi - a recent addiction. I like florals and unique designs, not too fond of washi with words on them like 'Merry Christmas' 'Happy Holidays' unless they are really done up nicely like "Noel" with sprigs of holly and pine cones. Also not fond of glitter only washi. But really any design you send me I will be most pleased with!
• I love old tea cups. My grandmother had a collection which I'd like to expand on. I particularly love the small cups and saucers, but anything with nice design and color is great.
• I have a fascination with anything Native American related. Love Zuni figurines and Kachina dolls.
• I collect Carlson Indian dolls of all sizes. I also like Russian nesting dolls :-)
• Postcards - I haven't really gotten into exchanging postcards, but if you decide to send me one, I like ones with historic places, circus themed, or old advertisements or artwork.
• Flat item suggestions - note cards, washi, stamps (used or otherwise), vintage buttons, tea (see above for likes/dislikes), loose book pages with illustrations or quotes, Victorian ephemera. And really anything you'd like to send. You really can't disappoint :-)
• ATCs (Artist Trading Cards) - another recent addiction that a friend introduced me to (may she be buried alive in a fluffy cat pile). I would enjoy receiving something that you have made or ones that you would like to pass along.
Favorite ATC themes - Quotes with image, Victorian/Vintage, Cats! Sweet or Sarcastic, Birds or Nature, Kawaii (no emojis!), Themed around a stamp, Historic!
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|