Hi, I'm Soozcat. I like to write, doodle and make things. I'm occasionally capricious and whimsical. Life often delights me.
If you'd really like to know more about me, there's a lot to be learned from my blog, Confessions of a Laundry Faerie. But for those who just want a quick rundown, here you go:
Things I love
- Locally produced chocolate (please don't send a lot, since as a Type 2 diabetic I have to be very careful how much I eat). The darker the better.
- Beautiful papers (chiyogami, handmade papers, etc.)
- Sock yarn in beautiful colors.
- Postcard books. I love Art Nouveau and Art Deco, Alfons Mucha, William Morris, and similar design styles. I also love Asian art and anything by Michelangelo.
- Fun stuff from any of my fandoms: Harry Potter (I'm a Ravenclaw), Firefly, Studio Ghibli animated films, The Pirates of Penzance.
- Something unique from your part of the world.
Please don't send
- Anything featuring alcohol, tobacco, coffee, or black/green/white tea (though herbal-only tisanes are much loved and greatly encouraged).
- No offensive materials, please. (In other words, no porn, profanity, or gore.)
- Any high-carb edibles. Low blood sugar equals a longer and healthier life for diabetics, and I plan on living a long time!