My name is Peter, I'm a 26 yo guy working and living in Budapest, Hungary.
Into postcards, mainly. Or rather exclusively. You can check my Postcrossing profile here:
The postcards pinned as favorites in Postcrossing can give an idea what I like, highly recommended to scroll through!
Je parle francais and ich möchte meine Deutschkentnisse zurückbringen und erfrischen, so please write me on these languages if you are a native speaker. Otherwise in English, of course (or Hungarian).
First of all, this is a very challenging list and a lot of specifications, but these are only preferences and recommendations, I try to contour my taste. I will be happy with anything you sent, don't stress about it. Swapping is fun, not stress.
Especially for profile based swaps (and swappers trying to send something profile based): Sending something from the wishlist is perfect Sending something close or somehow related to the wishlist is perfect. Sending something inspired by my info, IG, blogs, etc. is perfect I'm more than sure you will send a perfect card. I can like any type of cards, just try avoiding those basic cards with very shiny, reflective, almost sticky surfaces - in other words choose a card made with more advanced printing technology.
I mainly collect postcards, my ultimate preferences are the followings:
- LGBTQ+ (toptoptop preference, even free/ad cards are accepted on this topic. I don't care if the particular SWAP forbids free/ad card, send it please if you had any)
- multiple images (images Nouvelles), icons, etc. style cards
- Vogue / Penguin book / New York Times, etc. covers (and anything in this style)
- reinterpretations of classical art
- cards made of special (wood, metal, 3D, silk, etc.) or very fine (unusual type of paper) materials.
- industrialism, brutalism, modernism (feel free to Google them, the Google pics give a nice idea what these terms mean)
- Museum cards (NOT basic art card, but rather modern art, and from an interesting well-curated exhibition)
- Lantern Press postcards (but try something that matches my aesthetics)
- Set of 100 [x] PCs are usually nice, I use some of them, it would be funny to recollect them by receiving
UNESCO WHS: stamped in original country only and if you don't have anything else from the wishlist (it isn't my main interest). The List of WHS cards I have/miss
I'm in LOVE with the art of this Tumblr:
If you made something similar for me... I'd be the happiest person
But I also appreciate a lot any other postcards that you find suitable for me, inspired by my info and by my blogs. I really like surprises, when I feel the care someone put into the choice. I can't properly explain it, but I can feel it :)
The only DISLIKES: cheap basic touristic cards :( unless they are very fine or interesting ,showing very unusual parts of a certain place, windows, doors, etc.. (but I don't really consider those ones cheap basic touristy)
OR it's okay of course if the particular swap calls for touristy cards, but I'd appreciate if they were somehow special
A thumb rule might be that touristy cards with wide white frame, and plain, less shiny surfaces are usually more special.
Also, I hate football and not really into seasonal cards, since I don't celebrate any - particularly no Christmas, please.
The Post's engines are very rough, so I'd recommend to use standard (or smaller) size postcards, the unusual sizes get wiiiildly damaged.
I prefer the single cards sent naked, written and stamped (even the gay cards). If you decided to go for an envie, then please send the card blank (written cards without stamps and postal marks look so weird).
If no idea what to write, you can
- describe the view from your window OR
- tell me a weird custom of your people in your neighborhood or nation or social class that you find super annoying or weird (the bests are the ones you share too, it's a fun self-critique).
Of course, the rules of the particular swap do overwrite these above-mentioned preferences, but I don't mind if you bent the rules and send according to my preferences..
Ahh, and I like a lot desinger stuff made by young, creative, local designers. I started to get them know recently in Budapest, and I'm soo fascinated - they are expensive, most probably in other countries too, so I do not really expect to make swaps on this topic, but one day... Who knows!). This topic is fine on postcards too!
Due to the passive-agressive rating culture here, I stopped participating in swaps. Feels like the worst of that American "Karen"-thing is raging around here.
I keep participating in chain-swaps, exclusively.
Also hosting fashion or some kind of weird PC swap from time to time. But that's all.
If my swap fails to arrive (in time), then contact me. I always resend. Please don't take away the last mocel of my motivation to participate with these agressive 1-ratings. Thanks.
You're all so kind including extra cards in the chain swaps. If you wish to include something, then please sroll through my Postcrossing fave-s, check my preferred topics, etc. Make those extra cards somehow relatable (or something I can use for sending on Postcrossing), otherwise I really don't mind not receiving any extras. I don't know what to do about American touristy, scenery cards piling up in a drawer.
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|