choke's current status
I found the most adorable miniature rolodex holder and cards, the cards are like 2"x3". If you're willing to make a decorated rolo for me (I'll send you the blank) please message me. In return I can make ATCs, twinchies, notecards, rolos, or some other small craft. Thanks!!
Unless you find something super unique or cool that screams "that's choke!"...please, please, please no more extras! I am overloaded with extras!
If you haven't received a swap from me please contact me before rating a 1. I always send out my swaps so if it hasn't reached you I'm happy to resend.
My username: About 15 or so years ago I used to play in a trivia chat site on WinMX and my nickname was givememusicorgivemedeath. The room admin didn't like me much because I know a bunch of random trivia and can type fast, and therefore won lots of points. One day they decided I needed to shorten my name (just to mess with me, I think) so I chose dontcomplainjusttypefaster. They really didn't like that and threatened to ban me if I didn't make it shorter. So, at the time "Choke" by "Jack Off Jill" was playing - hence choke was chosen, it stuck, and I didn't play in their sandbox anymore. Since then it has taken on other meanings to me, but probably not as interesting to crafty folks. Common mode choke anyone?
I prefer a simple life and can't stand drama. I don't have tons of real-life friends and find myself happier with my own thoughts than in a group of more than 3 people.
I have a gulp 18 year old son named Tristan who is my world. He is my savior. I am not sure I'd still exist in this world had I never given birth to him. He just graduate high school in June of 2018 and I am so proud of him!
My husband and I bought our first home together in 2015 and I have a large room for my craft space. I have lots of room to display the crafts I receive instead of storing them away. I also have 2 of those letterpress boxes which I've hung on the wall to display super small stuff and need to find more things to fill it with!
I've a new sewing machine and actually have the space for it now. So far I've made an organizer that sits on my sewing table to store all my tools, a set of Halloween Hello Kitty placemats, a composition notebook cover, a ton of reusable grocery bags, and some curtains.
I love making altered rolodex cards more than most other papercrafts. All of my rolo holders are spinners, so if possible please put your info on the back accordingly. It doesn't seem like many are into them anymore but if you're up for a private trade just message me!
I store most of my ATCs in a binder so please do not send cards which extend far outside of the 2.5x3.5 dimension. If it can fit easily in an ATC sleeve, then it's good!
I also love many other papercrafts: ATCs, twinchies, inchies, greeting/note cards, and altered journals.
I also love to do cross-stitch. I've just finished a loooooong project for my son. I won't be doing anything this big for a long time, but I do have some smaller projects to work on.
I would greatly appreciate if you would check my collections before sending me a card to avoid sending duplicates.
I would appreciate a nice message on the back which is more than one sentence and that does not talk about the weather or a generic "Here's your swap, Happy Swapping!". Tell me about your day, your life, your favorite...anything, your first day of kindergarten, your last vacation, your dream vacation...anything but the same old message.
I prefer the regular touristy storebought postcards and I'm not too fond of handmade/zazzle/vistaprint/etsy/art/freebie/ad cards much. Handmade cards based on a profile like are always welcome :)
My absolute favorite type of postcards are maps!! You can find my entire collection here. I'd love if you could find one that I don't have :)
I would never be sad to find blank maps in my mailbox, it's nice to have something other than just Michigan to trade with.
Other types of cards I adore are:
Anne Taintor - I have all of her cards from both books, but some are marked blank in the title that I would love to replace with a written and stamped version.
Geekery******Did You Know?******Bunny Suicides******Facts, History and Legends******Aviation******US capitol buildings ****** US State Symbols ****** US State Facts ListedFlags******Outer Space******Memorable People - Especially Albert Einstein, Bob Marley and Che Guevara.******Route 66USPS******Monkeys, Chimpanzees, Primates, etc******Happy Bunny******Reproduction War Posters******Hello Kitty (pretty much any sanrio character except Deery Lou)******Recipes******Dragons******Faeries
Other themes I like that I don't have sorted in my flickr: Bridges, crystal clear reflections in water, UNESCO, lighthouses, National/State Parks, cityviews, snow, winter sports, autumn, famous people, prisons, breweries/wineries, cemetaries, under the sea creatures and other stuff, ships, harbors, nightviews, fireworks, traditional clothing, and on and on.
If you'd like to do a private trade for postcards, you can find my offers here. Some of the more expensive or particular themed cards I will only trade for similar cards, but feel free to send me a message if you see something you like!
Alphabetized list of things I like or wish for:
~ Numbers ~
* 7 Gypsies.
~ A ~
* Anne Taintor notecards (I have all of the postcards I can find, but can rarely find the notecards. Feel free to write on them as I collect these, I don't plan on using them for swaps unless I find a double.)
* Albert Einstein. @susieq11 found this awesome squished penny for me, and then out-did herself in her usual susieq way and found another one but I haven't had a chance to scan it:
* Animal prints (leopard, zebra, giraffe, tiger, lizard, crocodile). Disclaimer - faux only please!!
* Alice in Chains.
* Alcohol Inks.
~ B ~
* Beastie Boys.
* Black, but not as much as green.
* Bob Marley.
~ C ~
* Click-a-day Websites
* Chris Cornell.
* Circuits. (No I didn't spell cricut wrong...) The lovely @NaughtyElf custom made this awesome bracelet for me, I wear it with pride nearly everyday at work!
* Creepy and Cute. Or just creepy.
* Coffee (very, very, very, very dark - almost like mud).
* Coloring. (Haven't gotten into the "adult" coloring books. Still kicking it old-school with my Hello Kitty coloring book and 120 ct. crayolas.)
~ D ~
* Dotee Dolls.
* Dotee faces.
* Donate to Diabetes Education Camp a non-profit organization my friend is starting up for adults with diabetes. Send an adult to camp!
* Distressing crafts.
* Darkest of the darkest dark chocolate for my husband.
~ E ~
* Eyelets (3/16" only as I have enough 1/8").
* Electronic components. (small) I use them to make stuff like this:
* Emily the Strange.
* Ephemera - Not the stuff you can buy in the paper aisle of the local craft store.
~ F ~
* Fuzzy warm socks.
~ G ~
* Green is my absolute favorite color, just regular crayola green or grass green.
* Gelly Roll gel pens.
* Glitter (I don't need any glitter, but I don't mind seeing loads of it on your crafts...or a "normal" amount I guess...)
* Geekery (Especially humorous like this).
~ H ~
* Handmade lovelies.
* Handmade envelopes sized for sending 4x6 postcards.
* Heavy metal girl stuff.
* Hello Kitty.
* Happy Bunny.
~ I ~
~ J ~
* Jack Off Jill (The band).
* Japanese (I just started learning this language as of Feb 2012).
~ K ~
* Kinder Hippos (sent in a box - they always gets smashed when sent in envelopes).
~ L ~
* Lettering, books on how to do.
* Large Stencils.
* Little bitty things for ATCs.
* Leopard Print. * Long Letter Penpals.
* Little Twin Stars.
~ M ~
* Metal embellishments (I probably have enough...but...).
* Magic Mesh.
* Mowed Lawn (the color by TH).
* My job (I'm a Hardware Design Engineer).
* Maps (used in artwork, not the fold-up kind).
* Mark Ryden.
* Monkeys being silly or doing things that make people freak out.
~ N ~
* Nikola Tesla.
~ O ~
* Office supplies (work friendly, preferably geeky/engineering related).
* Ohm's Law.
* Old keys.
~ P ~
* Punk girl stuff.
* Pinky & The Brain.
* Perfect Pearls.
* Pearl Jam.
~ Q ~
* Quiet time.
~ R ~
* Rolos (altered of course).
* Red, but not as much as green.
* Rock/Riot girl stuff.
a huge thank you to @rainbowafterrain81 for the awesome rolodex punch!!!
~ S ~
* Sharpies (prefer the fine tips).
* Sublime (The band).
* Silver, but not as much as green.
* Shiny and Sparkly.
* Skateboarding/Snowboarding type stickers.
* South Park.
* Super small stuff to put in my letterpress box.
* Sentimental Circus.
~ T ~
* Tools for destroying/roughing things up.
* Tim Holtz techniques. * Tare Panda.
~ U ~
~ V ~
* Very large stickers (like big enough to seal an envelop with, especially of bands or rock/punk/metal style).
* Vintage stuff (not so much with the repro type stuff).
~ W ~
* White wine.
* Word Games.
~ X ~
* the 'X' shape.
* Xacto knives.
~ Y ~
* Your best excuses for getting out of doing chores.
~ Z ~
* Zines (I don't make one but I do love to read the very strange ones).
* Zentangled stuff (not sure I have this figured out enough to try it on my own yet, examples please!).
Things I have more than enough of:
* Paper!! I am fond of specialty papers that I can't find in stores, but please no more storebought paper!
* Random paper tidbits, I have enough bits of paper this or that to last me four lifetimes.
* Loud-mouthed, drama-infested, obnoxious, proud-to-be a bitch/asshole type people - however I love a smartassed, opinionated, intelligent individual :)
* Puffy Stickers.
* Lime Green.
* Friendship Books.
* Makeup & Nail Polish or any girly frou-frou crap.
* Spring/Summer themes.
* Big or chunky crafts or craft objects
* Jewelry (I hardly wear it and am pretty picky.)
* Rape (well if I put flakers on here I might as well put rape too).
* I get really aggravated when I RAK something to somebody and they don't even have the decency to say "Thanks!".
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|