[[Not all those who wander are lost.]]
Anni, 21, Finland.
Media & event management student & enthusiast. Dutch-o-phile // Ik hou van Nederland. Big appetite for new things.
I would love to do some private swaps, especially for tea and candy/chocolate! I love trying out foreign sweets. Don't hesitate to contact me!
Into pen palling since '04, recently picked it up again. I tend to love a lot of different things, and I'm a very visual person: do take a look at my Pinterest, since that is a collection of inspiration for me. I enjoy handmade envelopes and letter papers with good taste. Vintage things are gorgeous. Not too keen on things kawaii, kitschy or just tasteless.
I love what I study, and I'm absolutely fascinated by different events and happenings - with a twist. I love underground and alternative cultures with any themes, and therefore also all the weird events there are out there. Especially everything 'hippie' or 'spiritual' - I'm not a spiritual person myself, but they tend to have the most brilliant participants and the quirkiest performers. I'm also very interested in different religions and ways of living - feel free to tell me about your religion or send stuff related to it. However, please don't see this as a chance to convert me!
U kunt mij ook graag in het Nederlands schrijven!
Sie können mir auch auf Deutsch schreiben!
Du kann också skriva mig på svenska!
Vous pouvez m'ecrire aussi en français!
Ja luonnollisesti minulle saa kirjoittaa myös suomeksi. (:
My favourite music varies a lot by my mood. I have Spotify playlists for waking up (contains for example There She Goes by The La's, Sunrise by Norah Jones and Alpha by Vangelis), for summery grooving (Jason Mraz, Reel Big Fish, some Florence + The Machine etc.) and for wanderlust (Eddie Vedder, Jack Johnson, Bob Dylan and will.i.am).
As you can see, it doesn't really have much limits...
As a whole, I love anything with a good beat (rock, electro, dubstep, metal), sometimes airy and dreamy indie singer-songwriters, mostly anything that makes me sing along or dance or daydream. I don't much care for rap (except for old Eminem for nostalgy reasons and some Finnish rap [for the same reasons]) or country music. In more detail: http://www.last.fm/user/hidoi
I used to read tons of books, and now have tried to start that habit anew. I have a Goodreads profile if you're really interested in this part: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/6769278-anni
If you're not that interested, but still curious, here it comes: my book taste is a bit like my music taste. Biographies and autobiographies, self-help books, classics, some selected chick lit, literary fiction, historic fiction, fantasy and so on. Not so much into the dystopian / paranormal romance YA genre that seems to be so fashionable at the moment. But I still might pick a book from that genre as a guilty pleasure - juicy and easy to read.
I don't watch that much television - or rather, I do, but I don't pay that much attention what I'm watching because I'm doing a million things at the same time anyway. I do watch some series: Big Bang Theory, Game of Thrones, Weeds, Gilmore Girls (I'm always re-watching the DVDs), House and Glee. I also enjoy good documentaries whenever they're on TV. Love animal shows! Zoos, animal rescue, nature documentaries...
Guilty pleasures: Storage wars, LA Ink.
I like to do things with my hands and try out new crafts. I don't tend to stick with one technique for a very long time. I used to be good at drawing (pencil, pastels, chalk - not so much painting. Using a brush just kills all my skills for some reason.), but haven't done that properly for a long time. I like mail art, making my own stationery and trying out different stuff to send to my pen pals with my letters. I know the basics of very many things (origami, jewellery-making, knitting and crocheting, sewing, scrapbooking, collaging...), but I'm not an expert on anything!
Firstly - I love self-made things! Collages, self made stationery, self made stickers or stamps... I often prefer those to store-bought.
‣ Letter papers: relatively simple/neutral ones, preferably without lines. I love different textures in letter papers!
‣ Envelopes, all sizes and colours, especially self-made. (see Things I Don't Like That Much for which themes I would rather not have, though.)
‣ Something that tells about your culture or your life: foreign newspapers, receipts, flyers.
‣ Edible things, especially candy - I LOVE everything sweet. I am a vegetarian, though, so no meat products for me, please! (Things that contain milk or eggs are fine.)
‣ Plane and train tickets.
‣ Stud earrings (see below for what I can't wear, though). I have stretched earlobes (6mm) so I can't wear dangly ones, but I like studs for the rest of my ear piercings (6 if you want to get a stud for each of them, hehe). Ones without a pair are perfectly fine for me, I like to mix 'n' match.
‣ Tea, especially rooibos and black tea with spicy blends. I don't much care for green tea- White tea is good. I rarely drink plain black tea. I love fruity rooibos teas! Orange is my favourite.
‣ Pens - other than ballpoint ones, any colour.
‣ Stamps, both postage and rubber ones (also self made).
‣ Vintage stuff - Audrey Hepburn, WWII propaganda, European cities - you know the drill.
‣ Stellar maps and normal maps.
‣ Art, I especially love impressionism and surrealism!
‣ Anything I can turn into an interesting envelope.
‣ Mystic or 'dark' oddities and bizarre things
‣ Polaroid or black and white photographs.
‣ Anything that comes with a history and a story (even though you might not know what exactly the story is).
‣ Colours: I love all deep, clear colours - think jewel tones. Black and white stuff can rarely go wrong.
‣ Kawaii / Diddl / comic themes.
‣ Overly cute or funny things.
‣ Gold/warm tone jewelry - it does not suit me, I prefer cold tones (silver, steel etc.). Also, I'm allergic to nickel!
‣ Things that you know nobody really does anything with - just because it's from a foreign country doesn't necessarily mean you should send it!
‣ Picture frames - I don't have pictures to put on them, really. :(
‣ Knitted / crocheted things: my mother and grandmother take care of that...
‣Band/movie/series/actor etc. fan items, even if I might like the band/movie/series/actor in question - I don't really have a use for them.
‣ Anything flashy - I prefer simple.
‣ Not a big fan of floral stuff.
‣ Also, I always prefer things I can use in my letterwriting / mail art to just decorative items!
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|