Swap-bot Time: September 19, 2018 9:41 am
www.swap-bot.com

Happy Holiday Card Challenge

Launch gallery slideshow

Happy Holiday Card Challenge
Group:Crafty Recyclers
Swap Coordinator:cobaltgypsy (contact)
Swap categories: Challenges  Themed  Seasonal 
Number of people in swap:7
Location:Other
Type:None
Last day to signup/drop:September 1, 2008
Date items must be sent by:November 3, 2008
Number of swap partners:2
Description:

Many of us swappers receive thank you notes or swap cards along with swaps that our partners send to us.

I propose that we save those bits and bobs of paper and cardstock and put them to good use!

Here is your challenge:

Save up those thank you notes and swap cards and create a one-of-a-kind holiday card for your partners to use!

Each person will have 2 (two) partners.

You may choose to make a generic non-specific December/Winter card, OR you may pm your partner or read their profile to see if there is mention of a specific December holiday that they celebrate (for example, I am a pagan and I celebrate Yule, rather than Christmas). Also feel free to post your celebrated holiday in the comments section of this swap.

Here's the Challenge part:

75% of each card has to be made using recycled swap cards and thank you notes. The other 25% can be embellishments that you add on, but remember, we are Crafty Recyclers so stay true to the group name! :)

The cards must also be re-usable--in other words, we want everyone to be able to send them out for their holiday celebrations.

I'm allowing plenty of time to gather your materials before the swap send date.

If you have any questions, just pm me!

So save those notes and grab your glue sticks!

Happy recycling!

Discussion

michellew 07/25/2008 #

Hi there! I just wanted to know whether the recycled stuff has to specifically be swap cards and notepaper? I don't have much of those, but I do have a stash of old cards and pretty papers and pictures from magazines? Would this count?

Robin 07/26/2008 #

I celebrate Christmas, but I would rather a generic non-specific December / Winter card for I already create my own Christmas cards to send out.

shelley96734 07/29/2008 #

I have a December birthday, so you could send me a birthday card:)

manxkity 08/ 3/2008 #

I'm also Pagan and celebrate Yule. However a generic winter wish/greeting is super okay too :-)

smilesandsunshine 08/ 6/2008 #

I am just overwhelmed and must drop this swap. I will rejoin later if life calms down. Thank all!

cobaltgypsy 08/13/2008 #

smilesandsunshine, I am sorry to see you go, but please put a watch on this swap and maybe you can rejoin later. :)

I celebrate Yule, however a simple winter themed card is okay for me too! :)

mydnite 08/17/2008 #

I celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas or anything with autumn or winter- make up a holiday and I'll celebrate it!

michellew 08/25/2008 #

I am sorry, I have so much going on that I will have to drop. Best wishes and enjoy the swapping.

alifromourpatch 09/ 5/2008 #

I do not like anything religiousy!

alifromourpatch 09/ 5/2008 #

I do not like anything religiousy!

hippofairy 09/12/2008 #

i celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas. but a general winter card will be nice too. :)

Leave a Comment

You must be logged in to leave a comment. Click here to log in.

I received the item
I sent the item

Received from:
For multiple members, separate names with spaces

Description: