January 2021–I have NEVER sent a swap late. I received my first 1 rating, which was due to lost/misdirected mail; the recipient didn’t message me about it before giving me a rating of 1, three+ months after the swap ended. I re-sent the swap the same day I was alerted it had not been received, but I haven’t heard from her since then. I have sent her 5 PMs and left a comment on her profile. There is nothing more I can do.
I enjoy hand-writing letters so much, but my dominant hand has developed a pinched nerve or something that makes it difficult to grasp a pen. Some days are better than others, but I often have to resort to typing letters. Sorry if that's disappointing to a swap partner!
I always appreciate tuck-ins on swaps, but if you’re my partner don't feel it's necessary or expected to send any.
A few things about me:
- 47yo, female, married w/ 4 kids (2 grownups, 2 teens)
- atheist homeschooler--no denim jumpers here!
- I cook several hours a day--all gluten-free and vegan
- paper addict, esp unusual writing paper
- washi paper addict as well
- constantly reading, don’t leave home without my kindle or a book
- unrepentant potty mouth
- I love coffee!
- allergic to nature IRL but gravitate toward colors found in nature, especially autumnal colors
- after 5pm you WILL find me drinking white wine
- NPR is my jam
- Most of the day I listen to podcasts or news shows while working, driving, crafting, etc.--I'm always looking for recommendations, so feel free to suggest. There are about 70 podcasts on rotation in my ears.
- I like to write and receive long, newsy letters, though I warn that I'm not terribly efficient at time management so I might not write for a month then three times the following month. I'm full of surprises that way!
- books! Fiction, non-fiction, mysteries, thrillers, classics, poetry...I will read pretty much anything except fantasy/sci-fi. I like there to be at least some semblance of realism
- pen-pal letters
- Indigo Girls
- washi tape/stickers
- colors: olive/jade green is favorite, followed by purple, silver, mustard, burnt umber, brown, gray, teal, turquoise
- men in kilts
- podcasts, especially humorous or political
- art nouveau
- art deco
- daisies, sunflowers, bonsai
- botanical images
- unusual typography
- book pages or type in languages other than Englis
- kaleidoscopes & similar imagery
- stereotypical "girly" stuff
- animal prints
- camel toe
- traditional holiday stuff; it just seems so artificial, especially xmas
- GLITTER IS THE WORST. CONFETTI IS HER BITCH STEP-SISTER
- anything containing lavender (I'm allergic). Love the color, not the plant
- religious or faith-based ANYTHING
- “cute” or kawaii
- kiddie/juvenile stuff