Date Joined: October 15, 2017
Last Online: January 18, 2018
Country: United States
Please let me know if you do not receive my swap! I will make it right! You can message me here at Swap-Bot. Thanks!!
i! I'm Marie and I also use the name Mons which is my family nickname. I am from San Francisco, California. My ethnicity is Filipina, with some Chinese and Canadian and Scottish mixed in.
I work in a financial services company. We help companies help consumers with mortgages and property management. I used to work in high tech but mostly I do sales and customer service. I'm no engineer!
Some of my favorite things right now are: 1) A Course in Miracles I just started doing this program. I never really felt inspired by Marianne Williamson but I am enamored with Gabby/Gabrielle Bernstein's talks and books. I go through this program every day and at times every hour. It's really working for me.
2) Yoga I don't do yoga classes but I have an app that I use on my phone and tv shows that I record on my DVR. I try to squeeze in yoga during my commute, at my office, and in the shower even. I guess you can call it yoga on the go.
3) Spirituality I have been in Religious Studies but I ended up with an MBA instead of a ministry degree. But I love all the worlds religions, including Satanists, Shamans, and Sufis. As I get older, I am remembering that we are all certainly going to die one day. And I value all life, all religions, all cultures. I have had a Catholic upbringing, then mixed that with Christian Bible Study and I miss my San Diego Women's Christian Fellowship. And currently I practice Thelema, a flavor of Gnosticism.
4) Reading: I have two full 8' bookshelves on my "To Read" list. I've been recycling and loading up our local little free libraries with the books that I've already read. Even peeling away my cherished first editions or favorites so that other people can read these books.
5) Dance, Swim, Walk: I love all these activities.
6) Animals: our next door neighbors have a duck, kitten, and dog. We aspire to soon have our own menagerie. Right now we have no animals. We did have two rescue guinea pigs: Marilyn & Gwyneth (two long haired floppy guinea pigs) they came to us named that way. But since they were rescues they weren't young and they both passed on. So hopefully soon we will adopt a few new animals.
Books, Music, Films: I love films. I regularly go to the public library here in San Francisco and check out tons of books, music & film.
Cookbooks & DIY & HGTV sorts of projects (I don't really DO many projects but I still love to watch tv shows and read and listen to free podcasts on these topics).
Non-fiction topics: I listen to political shows/watch a lot of news; environmental stuff, travel channel, I even watch the home shopping networks lately.
Kawaii, like Hello Kitty or other characters
Stickers: I love all kinds of stickers, I also like upcycled photos or magazine clippings and ephemera for scrapbooking and journalling.
Washi, deco, fabric or any kind of tape/stickers.
Cotton Yarns: I love all kinds of colors.
I love all colors: jewel colors like bright vivid purple, red, pink, red.
I also love pastel colors: lavender, lilac, rose.
I love seasonal colors: for Autumn-- pumpkin, cinnamon, cardamon colors.
For the Winter-- sparkling, shimmering, crystal ices, evergreens, holiday holly wreaths.
I love Art: Impressionist painters like Monet, Seurat, Toulouse-Lautrec.
And Dada-like the cut out words.
Surrealist Art and more.
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|