Hi folks i made my first Dotee Doll a couple of weeks ago..i don't have the use of a sewing machine so i have to hand stitch them..i do try and keep the stitching neat...Since then i have made a few more..it is very addictive..i hope there will be a swap for first timers like myself, who are still a bit unsure..I never think they are good enough ...but great fun.I am married and have 3 g/children aged between 14 and 20..my that makes me feel old.I live just outside of Edinburgh in a place called Musselburgh..it is known as The Honest Toun..not town. Toun. ..Not really sure what to do next..but i will keep looking in.Been married now for 44 years..didn't even get a certificate LOL.I have a wee Bichon Frise...who i have taken my username...she is the original Jinty.I am easy going and like a laugh.
I returned home on Mon28th Dec..so hopefully can resume swapping after the New Year.
This was my very first attempt at a Dotee doll, she looks a bit scary.
This is the high Street where i live.
This is where i walk my wee darlin Jinty
The view is looking towards Arthurs Seat in Edinburgh...it's a distinct volcano...played there when i was wee.
I am a smoker, but DO NOT SMOKE IN THE HOUSE,OR WHEN CRAFTING.
When i join a swap i will deliver all required items by the given date,and will always take time to rate my partner,.as soon as i can.
Favourite Music.anything realy from the late 50s 60s..loved Dusty Springfield...John Denver,of course the main man Elvis.Also folk music, The Corries, Runrig...a bit of C.W. anything catchy really.
Favourite Books..murder mystery, i am reading a book Called Missing at the moment by Susan Lewis, this is a good on, can't put it down ...well apart from making Dottes.Romantic, Seafaring, not really into Biographies..s...Anything about the Native Americans.
I love the soaps, Coronation Street, East Enders. the the series of Doc Martin, played by Martin Clunes, wonderful stories, he is some man...wouldn't want him as my Doc.Don't watch a lot of Telly.The Bill.
Favourite Movies...has to be An Officer and A Gentleman...The Day They Gave Babies Away.My all time favourite has to be Imitation Of Life, with Lana Turner...now for that one i need a bath toewl, hankie is far too small.
Done more knitting than sewing, just getting back to that. I also done a fair bit of Latchhook. I knitted my first g/sons Shawl...i was so proud of myself.I also went to classes for Ceramics,and made quite a lot there.Christmas Tree, Snow Scenes of Village Churches, Santa.Salt Dough.This is one of my latchhooks
The others i donated to the Hearing Dogs for the deaf.
This is some of the Tea Cosies i have made
My first attempt at a Sock Monkey
Tooth Pockets I have been making these for the children in our local Primary School,i thought they were a bit nicer to put their first tooth in to take home,rather than an envie.They had been a great success.
This is Dougal and Kyla,just finished them today
I love to go out walking and having the dog is great because you get to chat with all the other doggie people, i find them on the whole to be a friendly bunch. I love to see a lovely Sunrise and Sunset, I am lucky enough to live by the Sea and have seen some wonderful ones. My Daughter Debbie just lives round the corner from me so i se her and my g/ kids regulary, which is magic. Love to go away on holiday to anywhere warm, also love Cruising ..only done two but they were great.We done the Caribbean,and also Rio...now that is some place, we loved it there.
.I like anything cute and small.and cuddly.favourite colours pink, purple, blue,yellow,Red, not mad on green,but Jade is ok, bright and summary colours..Pink Gingham.Ladies hankies,not with initials,but a bit of embroidery on it, sweet looking.I love all things about Native Americans,...Braiding,Golly badges,and pins,printed felt material,Betty Boob,Small note books.Beads for decorating.Anything to do with Red Hatting.Any Craft items for Dotee making.Country badges.Babushka Dolls,or Fabric that would suit them.I wouId love some clear atc sleeves.I have just discovered Altered Paper Clips and been trying them out...Would anyone like to swap for any small Scottish items Tartan ribbons,Scottish Tablet when the weather is cooler for sending.Edinburgh Rock.Small key rings,Edinburgh,and other Scottish poatcards.Calendars.Smallest bottle of Whisky in the world.Measures about one inch,has real Whisky in it.Small Tartan Diarys,handbag size. Scottish Fridge Magnets.
Don't likes, well there is not much i don't like, but can't use anything that is perfumed,eg bath bombs,scented bath crystals.Sorry no religeous items.Other than that i will be happy with what i receive.
Dislike...winter, Marmite, Shell Fish, arguments, unfairness, lateness.My Dog when she rolls in the muck.
Here some of the other Dotees i have made,just for the practise.
Below is the Dotee i sent to my swap partner, which is ok to put up now as she has received it and rated me. She has a Carmen Miranda style hat.Not the best of pictures.
These were my answers to the Getting To Know You swap, i thought it might make a good blog.
(1) What time did you get (wake) up this morning? 8..30 am but I just got home from my holidays so catching up on some missed sleep, too much Partying LOL.I am usually up by 7am at home, I think you just get used to rising early and I canâ€™t get out the habit now, even though I have been retired for 5 years. Then I usually just sit and have about 3 cups of tea and read my e mails and some forums that I am on, showered, dressed and out for a walk with my wee dog, usually along the river and back by the sea front, lovely on a good day, not so nice in the winter. (2) Diamonds or pearls? â€¦Diamonds, but I just got a set of blue stud pearls when we were in Spain, must say I do like them. I hope itâ€™s not true that Pearls bring bad luck. I am not a great Jewelry person I have a few good bits, and the rest is made up of costume Jewelry, to go with the different colours of outfits for the holidays, itâ€™s great how a small thing like a bit of added colour can make an outfit special (3) What was the last film you saw at the Cinema? Oh now that one has made me think I hate to admit it but I think it was Titanic, and that was a while ago, the effects were tremendous. John and I had decided to go out for a bite to eat saw what was on, and on the spur of the moment decided to go and see it. I really should get out more LOL (4) What is your favorite TV show? It has to be The Bill, this is a cops and robbers thingy, but I love the characters in it,it has been running now for about 15 years I think maybe longer, but it has been great to see them moving up in the ranks, and the acting is good. I do have another that I love it is on a more lighthearted thread. Itâ€™s all about this kind of stuck up Doctor in a rural setting, honestly if he was your doctor you would never be ill LOL. He is definitely in the wrong profession as he is not a people person, but it does make me laugh at his antics. (5).What do you usually have for breakfast? I donâ€™t usually have anything first thing in the morning, I know itâ€™s wrong but I canâ€™t eat straight away, after I have been up for an hour I may then have cereal, Frosties or Weetabix and a slice of toast. When I am on holiday thatâ€™s a different thing, I can eat a bit more, probably because I didnâ€™t have to make it myself, ok I thoroughly enjoy it being there to just help myself to it Maybe I am just Lazy.? (6) What is your middle name? Itâ€™s Murray, from my mothers own name, it is a very Scottish name and comes from Caithness which is right at the very top of Scotland a few more steps and you would be in the North Sea. I was the last of three girls and by the time they got to me they had run out of family names, thank heavens. I only got one middle name my sisters have 4 middle names each, poor things (7) What food so you dislike? I canâ€™t stand Liver, I love the smell of it cooking but for the life of me I canâ€™t eat it, I think it has to do with the texture of it. I also canâ€™t eat Shell fish; I love all other fish except that. (8) What is your favorite CD at the moment? Probably a group called Runrig, they play Scottish music with an upbeat theme, not the Pipes and drums thing, and sorry I still canâ€™t get passed Abba, now donâ€™t laugh. (9) What kind of car do you drive? Never did learn to drive but as I was born and brought up in the heart of the city I wasnâ€™t a great loss, also we have a great bus service here in Edinburgh. And of course I now have my seniors bus pass, so donâ€™t have to pay atall, I can travel anywhere the length and breadth of Scotland and donâ€™t pay a penny. This i find marvelous. (10) Favorite sandwich John West Salmon, has to be Red Salmon with lots of vinegar on it, lettuce, and tomatoâ€™s, Yummy (11) What characteristics do you despise? Greed, envy, people who are two faced, also people who sayâ€¦I tell it how it is, to me they do not take other peoples feelings into consideration, and I would never deliberately hurt anyone. (12) Favorite item of clothing I have this Satin Black jacket which is quite short, and Embroidered all over in Red thread, it has a Mandarin type collar and with a pair of black trousers itâ€™s just the bees knees, I am going to be buried in itâ€¦what a waste LOL (13) If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation where would you go I would love to see The Pyramids, and maybe sail along the Nile, I will be bursting into song in a minute LOL.A place I would also go back to is Rio, what a magical place, loved every minute I was there. (14) Are you an organized person? Oh yes i try never to leave things to the last minute, like deciding to do this swap, I just got started right away. When we are going away on holiday i have lists all over the place, and different piles that go in the case first, coming home is a different thing it just all gets thrown in and I sort it out when we get home. Funnily enough I am never that organized for Christmas, somehow that just seems to jump out at you and there it is only a few weeks to go, then I panic. (15) Where would you go to retire to? To be honest I am quite happy to stay her in Scotland in my retirement, I always used to say it would be grand to retire to somewhere warm and sunny, but we just got home from two weeks in the hot sun and we were glad to arrive home to a bit of an overcast sky and rain, you can take the girl out of Scotland, but you canâ€™t take Scotland out of the girl LOL (16) What was your most recent memorable birthday? I suppose my last one when I was 65, I had just joined the Red Hat Society a few months before hand so we planned a night out in one of the local hotels, there we were all dressed in our outfits of Purple and Red Hats the younger girls in there Mauve and Pink Hats, we did have a ball and made a bit of a splash in all our colors .But now every birthday is a special one LOL. (17) What are you going to do when you finish this? Well itâ€™s now 8-45 pm, I will go through and join John my husband and watch a bit of Telly and have a few wee Whiskyâ€™s. (18) Furthest place you are sending this â€¦.After checking all the Addys ,I must be U.S.A (19) Person you expect to send back first, As I donâ€™t really know anyone this will be a hit or a miss, so I will GUESS at Kato Hyogo. (20) When is your birthday? Itâ€™s November the 16th, so I am a Scorpion ,not quite sure if I live up to my reputation of having a sting in my tail, but I am quite sure my daughter Debbie would say I do. When I checked out my birthday and year I was born I was born on a Tuesday, donâ€™t really know what that tells you, just one of theses silly facts. (21) Morning person or night? Definitely a morning person, but donâ€™t ask me to have an in depth conversation with you right away, I need my 3 cups of tea first then I am fine. I suppose having to get up early for work has still stayed with me, and I usually go to bed no later that 11pm, of course the weekends are a bit different. Even although I am retired I still like the weekends. (22) What is your shoe size? Size 6, I think that works out to a size 39 in other countries. I have been that size since I was 12 years old, I certainly had a grand grip of Scotland even then , but thankfully never got any bigger, my daughter only takes a size 4, would that be a 37 not sure. (23) Pets? Oh yes I love animals, sometimes I think I prefer them to some folks I have met. When I was young we always had a cat, but since getting married in 1963, and moving to a home with a garden we have had Dogs. Usually the Heinz variety, but we did have a Doberman called Brannon, he was such a quiet loveable dog. In all we have had 5 dogs. We are now in a smaller home so we now have a wee Bichon Freis, called Jinty; I took my username from her. Well actually it was my nickname at school, donâ€™t know why. (24) Any new and exciting news youâ€™d like to share with us? Thereâ€™s not a lot happening in my life at the moment, but my g/sons girl friend was pregnant a few months ago but lost the baby, unfortunately so I missed being a great Grannie. I suppose itâ€™s the old saying , whatâ€™s for you wonâ€™t go passed you .They have plenty of time. (25) What did you want to be when you were little? I wanted to be a Ballet dancer, but my Mum said I was more suited to Highland dancing due to having a good sturdy leg on me, not fat just a good solid leg LOL. Saying things like that could have given me a complex donâ€™t you think LOL? But I am sure I would never have made a Prima Ballerina (26) What id your favorite flower? There are so many that I love, but I will say Lilies, due to the enormous amount of colours they come in and they are so stately. Ok the Stamens can make a bit of a mess when you come in contact with them , but they are worth it. I have a very tall vase that was my Mums and it is just right for them (27) What is day on the calendar you are looking forward to? There is nothing on it as yet, but it wonâ€™t be too long until Christmas . (280 What are you listening to right now? I have the radio on and listening to our local station, they play a right mixed bag but I suppose more suited to my age group, so at the min they are playing, Kenny, and Dolly singing.Islands in the Stream, and I love it (29) What was the last thing you ate? Tonight we had a Chinese Take Away of Chicken Curry and Fried Rice Chicken also Egg Foo Young, also Prawn Crackers; I then split it between us, so we had a bit of both. Yummy (30) Do you wish on stars? Yes, I suppose I am a bit of a romantic at heart, I love to see, shooting stars, donâ€™t see them too often though. (31) If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Yellow because I love sunshine colours (32) How is the weather right now? It has rained non stop chucking it down infact for 3 days now, but I suppose living in Scotland we are used to it. Can only say well at least itâ€™s reasonably warm rain (33) Last person you spoke to on the phone? A guy from the bank wanting us to go in for our yearly review, to be honest I can never be bothered with this but I suppose it is in our own interests, so we will go. (34) Favorite soft drink? Barrs Iron Brew, it is known as Scotland other national drink apart from Whisky, and it is good if you have over indulged the night before HIC,HIC. (35) Favorite restaurant? There is a small restaurant about ten mins from us it is Called the Conservatory Restaurant and it overlooks the sea and rocks, they do a very nice meal there and it is reasonably priced (36) Hair color? Well itâ€™s now Silver and with being away in the sun for two weeks itâ€™s an even lighter shade .I used to be nearly jet black (37) Your favorite toy as a child? It was most definitely my Roller Skates, I will never forget that Christmas. My parents must have saved really hard as they were not well off, so I was over the moon (38) Summer or winter? Has to be summer, all the long light nights, walking in the sunshine,well when it chooses to appear. (39) What holiday do you like best? I love Spain and not too far to travel to be in a warmer climate, we were in Ibiza a few weeks ago in a small resort called Es Cana, it is beautiful there. (40) Chocolate or vanilla? I am a Chocoholic so Choc for me, mind I like Vanilla too. (41) Do you go to church every Sunday? Have to be honest here and say no, weddings and funerals I am afraid, but I am a believer. (42) Do you want your friends to email you back? Yes please that was the purpose of doing the swap so I would get to know more folks. (43) When was the last time you cried? When I was on holiday I had a bit of an accident nothing serious but it was more the shock of the thing, then I felt really stupid for letting my emotions get any from me. I was fine just a big baby. (44) What is under your bed? If we are not counting the dust LOL, nothing (45).hat did you do last night? Got started on this swap checked out a few forums I am on ,watched a bit of Telly, and had a few wee drinks. (46) What are you afraid of? Spiders, Wasps, Creepy Crawlies. I am not afraid of dying, just scared incase they bury me and I am not dead. Stupid woman I am. (47) Salty or sweet? A bit of both really, I suppose if I am being truthful I would have to say sweet. (48) How many keys on your key ring? I have two one for my own home and one for my daughter who lives a couple of mins from me. That is all I want (49) How many years at your current job? Been retired for 6 years now , prior to that I had a small care home for adults with a learning disability , there were 5 altogether, mixed and I done that for 15 years, itâ€™s nice now to be able to do what John and I want when we want. (50) Favorite day of the week? It was always Friday and I havenâ€™t changed even if I donâ€™t work now. I love the feeling of the weekend everyone is a bit more relaxed. (51) Do you make friends easily? Yes I think I do, I donâ€™t have a great deal of really close friends, but the ones I do have, have been friends since we were all young together. I have lots of Acquaintances, and thatâ€™s nice too. (52) How many people will you send this too? There are 10 people in this swap, I just checked again LOL, and so it will be hopefully 10 new friends. (53) How many swaps are you doing right now? I have just completed one it was for the beginners Dotee swap I enjoyed it, and I am in this and one other. Better not go into too many until I know the ropes a bit better, and to be honest I donâ€™t want to over stretch myself. (54) Do you like finding out all this stuff about your friends? Yes thatâ€™s why I joined this swap, the questions in it are just right not overly personal, but enough information there for folks to get to know each other better. (55) When was the last time you prayed? Again itâ€™s one of these ones where I do pry if I want to help someone or need a bit help myself, I never pry for riches or material thing, it is usually for help, and guidance (56) Favorite food Quite hard to pick one, but if I am going out I usually ask for Steak, or Salmon. Ok make a decision I will say Salmon.
Poem Written By My Granddaughter Amy Johnston from Musselburgh then aged 12,
It's snawin in the muckle bens, It's snawin on the slopes, It's snawin in oor playground, An' it's building up oor hopes
We're hopin it'll snaw aw day, We're hopin it'll snaw aw nicht We're hopin tae mak a bonnie snawman An tae hae a snawba ficht
We wrap up warum in oor hats n scarfs Getting ready to go oot sledgin Hopin we willnae loose control An crash intae the hedgin
Hopefully we'll get oot school Cos' o aw the winter wither We'll play oot in the snaw aw day Wi oor cousins,sisters,an brither
But at the end o' the day it hus tae melt, An' turn intae mingin slush, We aw go hame soaked wi snaw An' covered in icy mush.
(1) Dotee Doll for beginners...SENT. Received my Dotee from swap partner.5/7/09. Rated and Archived
(2.)Getting To Know You, e mail swap...SENT.. Rated and Archived
(3) 090909 Post Card Swap....To do.on 0909090...SENT 090909..Received my 9 cards.Waiting on 1rating to come in.. Received ....ARCHIVED.
(4.)Taggged Pianoheart in Souveneir Tag Swap,on the 29th July......SENT.. 3/8/09..Pianoheart has now received her souveneir swap..10/8/09..Received from Pianoheart Hawaiian souveneirs on18/8/09. Completed.
(5)Atc trade with mwquilt 7/8/09 to send..SENT 13/8/09..Received beautiful atcs from mcquilt on 26/8/09... Rated and ARCHIVED
(6) Show Me Every Country P.C. swap to be sent by 25th Aug..SENT 21/8/09.Still waiting on one rating on this swap,have contacted swapper on 14th Sept,to see if it arrived. SECOND pm sent on the 19th again inquiring if my postcard has arriverd.Both read but no answer.Received rating,My fault didn't have swap title on it.... Rated and ARCHIVED.
(7) private Swap between Skippymom and Jinty.I will send Skippmom a Dotee Doll,she will send a Decorated Matchbox...
SENT... 14/09/09...Received the most fantastic package from SkippMom 3rd Oct.
Rated and ARCHIVED.
(8) ATCs for all. Group Swap.To send by 10th Oct.....SENT 2nd Oct.... Received from Proudnana 3rd Oct....rated... Waiting for my partner to receive mine.It's arrived,and been rated...ARCHIVED
(9) Calender/Envelopes..to send by 12th Oct. SENT 9th Oct,...also sent an Angled swap at the same time.Rated and Archived.