About Me My favorite swaps to do are handmade crafts and craft supplies. I love de-stash swaps! I really enjoy making things and sharing my craft stash with my partners. Its fun to read profiles and find things that my partners will like.
My home is in the state of Washington, east of Seattle, in the woods - out of town, on a hill. Its great to be up here when its flooding, but not when its icy and we have to drive down.
I was born in Arizona and grew up there. I have also lived in Southern California and Oregon before coming here.
I am mainly a ceramic artist but love doing all kinds of arts and crafts. I love craft materials - I'm a craft material addict. Also I like making recycled art and altered art out of all kinds of junk. I used to be a teacher and really loved doing all kinds of art projects with the children, using recycled materials.
After taking years of ceramic classes I decided to be a professional ceramic artist. Its been a lot of work but also fun. But after 20 years of it, I am slowing down and taking the opportunity to do other kinds of arts and crafts.
I recycle, reuse, reswap, and regift. I don't usually reswap handmade items unless they are supposed to be sent on, like a card. I consider anything handmade to be a treasure. I'm not real picky about what I get as far as craft materials or other swap items, I can find a use for almost anything. I would prefer that you send recycled things or things from your stash rather than spending money buying new stuff. And if you don't have something on my list, feel free to send something else. The following is just a guideline. I won't hate you or give you a 3 for sending something I don't like, because I usually can find someplace to use it.
MY FAVORITE COLORS are blues, turquoise & aqua, any shade of blue-green, yellow, pinks, teal green, rust, burgundy, copper. I like anything that is a transparent color. I don't like black, gray, beige, lime green or olive green. I do NOT like polka dots! ** (Black is okay for Halloween swaps though!)**
My FAVORITE THINGS are:
• Craft supplies - beads, charms, ribbon, lace, buttons, fabric, iridescent and metallic stuff, unusual yarns, embellishments, glitter glue, metal or glass pieces, old rusty things, vintage stuff, all kinds of paper,
• anything copper,
• windchimes, bells, suncatchers, mobiles,
• mountains & rocks,
• ocean stuff,
• trees, leaves (esp.maple leaf shapes, but not real leaves cuz I have too many of those already. Ha ha you should see my yard in the fall!),
• fairies and angels,
• spirals, swirls, waves, squiggles,
• heart designs, flowers
• furry animals, (I hate reptiles, frogs, insects, & spiders)
• Southwestern designs - the American desert, Native American, or Mexican - (but NOT howling coyotes, lizards, snakes, cattle skulls, Kokopelli, Frida Kahlo, or Day of the Dead stuff)
• I like birds, but not chickens, rooster s, ducks, or geese. (I like the real ones but not the images for crafts or decor.)
• For Halloween I like cute ghosts and pumpkins and cats. Nothing ugly or scary.
• For Christmas, my favorite things are nativity scenes, angels, trees, bells, stockings,ornaments & snowflakes. I love glitter, not loose, but glued on cards and ornaments. .....Actually, I like Christmas things any time of the year! ..... I am a Christian so love religious themes for Christmas.
However I am not offended by things from other religions. I enjoy studying and learning things about all religions.
• My favorite characters are: Eeyore, Pooh, Snoopy and the Peanuts gang, Garfield, Paddington Bear.
• I'm not into Kawaii, but I don't mind getting Kawaii stuff. I like cute animals like pandas, koalas, kitties, puppies, squirrels, deer, and bunnies.
• I do NOT like clowns, pirates, skulls, skeletons, monsters, scary stuff.
• I'm allergic to lots of scents - but love anything with vanilla or citrus scent. Any fruit scent is okay. NO lavender please, that really sets off my allergies.
• I don't wear makeup except for lip gloss.
• Love tea and coffee, unsweetened. Candy is good, but NO gummy candy or gum. I love black licorice and dark chocolate!! And any candy with coconut or peanut butter.
• I do not like artificial sweeteners.
• My ears are pierced and I really enjoy getting earrings. I like both silver and gold, and of course, copper. I really like dangly earrings. My jewelry sizes are 26" necklace, 8" bracelet, .
I GREATLY APPRECIATE HANDMADE ITEMS.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ WISHLIST: (But don't go out and buy anything, just send if it is in your stash and you don't need it anymore!) Die cut shapes, especially with filigree cutouts Tulip themed items - stickers, fabric, ribbon, rubber stamp, paper, embellishments, Textured or chunky yarn - I prefer variegated colors over plain ones Miniature things, Adhesive ribbon - paper or fabric Paper lace ribbon, Vintage lace, ribbon, or buttons Washi tape with nature designs(leaves, trees, flowers, seashells), or hearts, or snowflakes Washi tape in plain transparent colors, Silk fabric or ribbon, Leaf stickers that look like real leaves (not shiny or glittery), Stazon Re-inkers in forest green or brown, Small pieces of transparent colored glass for mosaics or fusing (the glass can be broken or crushed, it doesn't have to be cut neatly), . ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Acoustic Guitar. Folk, Bluegrass, Celtic, Classic Rock, New Age Instrumental Smooth Jazz
pottery (stoneware and terracotta, functional and decorative, sculpture),
beads, jewelry, fused glass,
papercrafts (collage, greeting cards, journal pages),
weaving, sewing, crocheting
assemblage and mixed media
To my recipients: I ALWAYS SEND MY SWAPS. If you don't get something within two weeks of the send date, send me a message. If something is damaged, missing, or didn't have enough postage, send me a message. If anything is wrong with a swap package, let me know so I can fix it. If you have a complaint, please send a pm instead of putting it in the rating comments.
However, remember that once a package goes into the PO, I no longer have control over it! Also mail from my town goes to a regional center for sorting and postmarking, so the postmark date may not be the same day that I put it in the mail.
If you get a swap from me please let me know that you received it! I don't care about the ratings, I just want to know that you got the swap.
I often send extra stuff because I have it or because I want to ~ its not for getting a heart.
To my sending partners: You do not have to spend extra money for Priority shipping just to get it to me faster. If you send it by the "send by" date that's good enough for me. I can wait for regular mailing. If you keep the package below 13 ounces you can send it First Class and it will be much less expensive.
If you send to me and don't get rated by me, or hear from me, that means that I didn't get the package. I ALWAYS RATE WHENEVER I RECEIVE A SWAP PACKAGE. I have a post office box and do not go there every day so sometimes a package might be there for several days before I pick it up.
I'm pretty generous about giving hearts but they are not given for "extras", but for a swap that is "extra special". Which most of them have turned out to be!
A HUGE THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS SENT AWESOME PACKAGES AND TO THOSE WHO HAVE RATED AND GIVEN ME A HEART!!
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|