Hello to you!!! :D :D
My name is iliana,26 and I live in Greece! I am a student in university, studying architectural engineering, doing my thesis right now (I guess)...! After that, I'm planning to study and become a graphic and package designer, as I really love smaller details, papers-stationery and...packaging!! A lot.
I am a helpless enthousiast and optimist, usually a person that cheers people up. I like fairytales a lot, and I value ineer child's joy above all!
I like snailmailing a lot (currently in search for new penpals, so just drop me a message if you think we match! :D ).
I also love all animals, especially horses and cats!! (But when it comes to stationery that differs.., so keep reading! :D )
----- I CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH - (FAVOURITES + Favourite THEMES):
Generally speaking, my likes are either cute or somewhat weird/twisted (not scary-violent though) or vintage or a weird/ideal combination of these three.....!
I also always prefer to see PEOPLE (!) or ANIMALS in everything, illustration or photography! In photography I enjoy everyday people's life as opposed to landscapes that they don't enthousiasm me much when photographed without humans in them! :P haha (my tumblr blog says a lot, I think! :P )
• Anything vintage/vintage-like/victorian/20s! (not pin-ups so much, but vintage showgirls yes!!) -
• vintage snail mail supplies!!! (stickers / rubber stamps / ephemera / Address labels / wax seals / label tags etc ) !!!
• Anthropomorphic vintage-like animals (illustrations or collages with human body-animal head with clothes. Especially rabbits, horses and foxes, cats, deers, etc) (check out www.pergamopapergoods.com to see what I mean....!)
• Weird collages with animal realistic photography on an illustrated backround.......if that makes any sense..! :D (eg space cats, etc etc, with any kind of animals.....)
• Luna parks
• Hot-air balloons
• Stary nights and the universe (anything with tiny star or sparkles in a dark backround will do)
• fairytale witches and witchcraft (tales in general)
• Mushrooms (also as a food)
• Chestnuts (also as a food)
• Flip books!! I'm really into the "discovering process"!
• Anything related to Japanese culture (eg traditional artwork or calligraphy, patterns, lettering, etc!!!!!)
• Animals, especially rabbits, cats (as shown in japanese art), owls/birds, dragons, unicorns flamingos, peacocks, jellyfishes or horses. I ALWAYS prefer illustration to realistic photographs! :D
• Anything Harry Potter related (!), I especially like the graphic design of movies props, especially anything related with the Weasley's shop. Other favourite things: the Maraunder's map and the Potions book or Half-blood Prince. (I am a Ravenclaw, btw and a Thunderbird..^_^)
• Star Wars (only episodes IV,V,VI (the old ones and Rogue one)
• My neighbor Totoro !!! Anything related! (and Hawl's moving castle)
• Anything related to Death Note (I especially like L...!)
• The peanuts (the comic with Snoopy... :P I like anything related)
• Old Disney movies theme in stationery except stickers, because they are everywhere...! (favourites: The Hatchback of Notre Dame, Aladdin, the Aristocats. Not a huge fan of Mickey mouse, though... Please do not send anything related to newest disney movies, as such items are so easy to find here and I have plently!)
• Huge fan of Bugs Bunny, Lola bunny and most looney tunes (not a huge fan of tweety and jerry)
• Fairy tales(especially those with unusual myths and folklore or fantasy ones with witches and fairies or about magical discoveries and adventures..!)
• Vivid colours or pastel colors (not the in-between so much and not neon) and colours in vintage ads!! Favourites: Electric blue, fucsia, metallic colours, glitter, all the pastels
I don't mind religious things so much or nudes.
-----I love all stationery items. I CURRENTLY COLLECT:
• Stickers, especially vintage snail mail supplies! (if you can, please avoid disney stickers, as they are so easy for me to find here... I like almost everything else! :D I almost always prefer very tiny stickers that are tranparent and I can put them over text etc or very large ones, if they are not too children like! I like sparkly stickers a lot, too!!. I also like puffy stickers in some cases but not 3d ones.)
• washi tapes, any kind but especially thin washies!! (I don't enjoy deco tape so much),
• bookmarks (especially paper medium ones with glitter (don't judge.....haha) or handmade!!!) Otherwise vintage is always encouraged of course!
• postcards (I prefer the non-touristy type, as it is more difficult to find in my town! And definetely 2d drawings/illustrations to realist photography.)
First of all, whatever tea you send me it won't go to waste, as someone in the house will definetely like it! :D
That being said, I mostly like herbal teas or roiboos at the moment, since I like drinking tea late in the evening or at night. I especially like fruity teas (red coloured ones are my favourites). I like, hibiscus, apple, vanilla, berries, passion fruit, and forest fruits the most. I don't like at all jasmine, ginger, mango and saffron and I least prefer mint/spearmint, chamomile and lemon.
My absolutely all time favourite tea is Dallmayr-Fireplace, with Roiboos tea, hibiscus, apple, rose buds, vanilla, and cinnamon. I cannot purchase it in Greece, or at least I don't know where...! So if you have access to that tea.... Please send me some!! (!)
No food allergies! I have a nickel allergy, though, which is found in non gold metalls and in makeup products.. I also use a specific body lotion and soap only, because my I have atopic dermatitis. :)
I enjoy almost all type of crafts, especially paper crafts, such as flip books, stationery items, wrapping or packaging things ets! Also, I sometimes draw things! You can view some of my creations in my instagram profile!:D The essence of them along with the essence of my tumblr blog represent me the most!
If you think we match and would like to be penpals or to private-swap just send me a message! :D ^_^ I always welcome private swaps as preparing my swaps and crafting are my favourite things to do! :D
I enjoy reading books and poetry and I do enjoy reading fairytales (for adults or not) as well as classic literature, or books about psychology and self improvement!
Favorite books are: Harry Potter series, Anna Karenina, 100 years of solitude (!), Weathering heights, many books of Tom Robbins, I haven't read all of them yet, (in English only, the greek translation didn't came out as good as it ought to be, unfortunatelly), and last let's list L' ecume des jours (in Greek translation), a really great book, a surrealistic one!
*** Quick TOP 10 (in random order):
La double vie de Veronique
My neighbour Totoro
Some like it hot
L' ecume des jours
Lolita (only Kubrick's version)
Harry Potter/Star wars (I'm counting them as one..)***
ALSO: I love watching Disney movies and other animated films!! :D
TOP 3 favourite DISNEY MOVIES are: the Hatchback of Notre Dame, Aladdin, the Aristocats!
Favourite directors are: Roman Polanski, Krystof Kieslowski, Wims Wenders, Kenzi Mizoguchi, Hayao Miyazaki (favourites: my neighbor Totoro, Howl's moving castle), these ones came to my mind for now..
Currenty I am only watching sitcoms. Favourites are the Big Bang Theory, Friends, How I met your mother, etc!
Other favorites are Twin Peaks, but only the old series, since I cannot view the new season even though I'm dying to now what happened after 25 years!! :O (lynch's style creaps me out!!) (for obvious reasons..) and the Vampire Diaries :D
I have likes in too many music genres, so I really don't have a favorite! I listen to: Classical, Rock, Metal, HipHop, RnB, Deep House, Techno, Minimal Techno, Acid Jazz, etc etc :D
Trivia: I went to a Music High and Junior high school (six years in total) where I learned to play the violin, piano, sazi and a little electric bass (which was my favorite part).
-You didn't receive from me! I will always send, but sometimes the post is being too slow (especially if you are not in Europe) or things might get lost (fortunately this is rare! :D )
-I forget to rate! I try to be very typical in this one, because it is important to let you know that everything went well! But I may lost track from time to time...!
I'm really exited in participating in Swap-bot! :) :D
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|