I have recently begun journalling and I am really enjoying it so I have decided to start my own journal swap. For this swap you shall have 1 partner and will be sending a journal that you have kept for a month. Each day for a month you shall choose one of the themes below and journal that. There is no order to the themes, just pick one each day, but please make sure to do them all.
The journal can be store bought or handmade, but please make sure they are of a decent quality, we don't want them falling apart now do we.
Here are the themes (there are 31 in total)
- write a letter to yourself in the future
- find a photo of a person you do not know. Write a brief biography about them
- Fill and entire page in your journal with small circles. Colour them in
- create instructions for a simple everyday task (e.g. washing up, making a cup of tea)
- Write a letter to somebody you admire
- Glue a photo of yourself as a child into your journal. Write about what you think you were doing that day
- Make a list of everything you would buy with a million pound (2 million dollars)
- write an entry in code
- find a photo, alter it in anyway you wish
- illustrate your grocery list
- make a map of everywhere you went in one day
- cut out all media for one day, write about the effects (try to do this on a non work day, but if you work everyday you may continue to use the essential things - not swapbot!)
- go for a walk, draw/list all the things you see
- Physically alter a page (i.e. cut holes in it, pour tea on it, burn it, fold it etc)
- glue an envie into your journal. For one week collect items you find in the street and put in the envie. Please don't put dangerous or really dirty items in.
- Draw or list all the things in your purse/bag (the bag you carry all your belongings around in i.e. money, phone, lipgloss, hairbrush, diary. Not the one your money and cards go in)
- Write your own definition of one of the following concepts - sitting, waiting, sleeping or eating
- write an entry in your journal in really LARGE letters (free choice what you actually write)
- Write down a secret. Cut it up and glue back randomly. You could cut the letters from differant newspapers and magazines if you wished
- create a character based on somebody you know. Write a list of personality traits
- Create an image using dots
- list 10 of your habits (or all of them if you have less than 10)
- list 10 things you would like to do every day
- list your 10 most important things. Not including animals or people
- make a list of everything you buy in the next week
- write in your journal using a differant medium (i.e. brush & ink, charcoal, old typewriter, crayons, markers) (again free choice what you write about)
- Draw the individual items of your favourite outfit
- Find a piece of poetry you respond to. Rewrite it and glue it in your journal
- record all the sounds you hear in one hour
- write about your relationship with a household appliance (i.e. washer, dishwasher, kettle)
- cut a random shape out of layers of a magazine. Make a collage of the results.
So thats the 31 themes now. You will have a month to send your journal after partners have been assigned, although you could sit and do most of them in a day if you wanted.
Most of the themes came from Keri Smiths 100 ideas for journalling but if anybody has any other ideas for fun themes I do plan on doing this swap again with differant ones. Leave your themes below or PM me. I will give you credit for the theme!
This is an international swap as it shouldn't cost much to post. Ratings over a 4.9 since alot of work will be going into them. No recent no sends. Sorry no newbies either, although I would be willing to do private 1 on 1's with newbies for the same thing. I will not ban people until after sign ups are closed, but if there is a swapper you feel shouldn't be in the swap please let me know and I can be sure to look further into it.
Any questions you can either PM me or comment below.