Date Joined: January 12, 2020
Last Online: August 6, 2020
Birthday: September 20, 1990
Country: United States
“There is no royal road to anything. One thing at a time, all things in succession. That which grows fast, withers as rapidly. That which grows slowly, endures.” – Josiah Gilbert Holland
• Happily Partnered with the love of my life.
• 29 and turning the big 3-0 this year. Actually, I’m pretty excited about it, I wasn’t sure I’d make it this far. LOL
• I am a Virgo, right on the cusp of Libra. I am pretty into signs and planetary placements- I find it fascinating.
• I am a dog mom of 2, Max, an American Bulldog and Peaches, a blonde rescue pup. They are my spoiled babies.
• I am a fish pond enthusiast, have 12 goldfish and koi fish and really enjoy feeding them and spending time outside relaxing by the pond. (UPDATE 6/24- I HAVE TWO BABY KOIS! MY FISH ARE BREEDING, I'M SO EXCITED!) (UPDATE 7/27- THERE'S 4 BABIES!)
• I am a plant lover and am very proud of my herb and flower collection.
• I love pressing flowers too, and often include them in my art and cards.
• I am a lover of all types of food, particularly trying new recipes-- and recently, things I can make in my Instant Pot.
• I love baking desserts- Flan is my all-time favorite dessert and I could eat it every day, much to the chagrin of my lactose intolerant honey... lol
• I am currently trying to grow a garden, the insects have all but destroyed my cucumber plants, but my eggplants, tomatoes, zucchini and radishes are doing well. Let me know if you are interested in swapping organic seeds (peppers, squash, flowers, etc)
• I love rat rods, hot-rods, pinup style, anything 40s or 50s and all things vintage style. I want to be Lucille Ball when I grow up. Lol I am constantly raiding thrift stores and estate sales for pinup dresses and accessories. I own a bandanna in just about every shade of every color.
• Hubby is a mechanic and we enjoy car and motorcycle shows and museums, fishing, gardening, spending time with the dogs and watching old movies.
• I enjoy arts and crafts of all kinds, paper craft, sewing and needle craft are some of my favorites, recently started some Joy of Painting videos for fun.
• I also really love various birds of prey, such as hawks, owls and eagles
• I have been feeding and trying to befriend local crows for years. My dream is to have an army of crows that show up to be fed and bring me shiny trinkets, but hey, a girl can dream, right? lol
• I make junk journals and handmade cards, so I am always grateful for any surprise goodies related to either of those activities in swaps I am receiving.
• I am a receptionist by day, a baker and artist for fun and a plant and animal lover for life. Anything else you’d like to know, feel free to ask.
About My Home:
• Citra is a tiny town, a post office, a gas station, 2 dueling pizza restaurants... you get the drift, ALSO home of the Pineapple Orange.There are many touristy old Florida locations near me, including the Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings FL State Park, and the home where she lived while writing "The Yearling". We also live pretty near Florida Gator Stadium, and right around the corner there’s this lovely little place called The Orange Shoppe that has been around here since the early 1930's and sells fruits, nuts, fruit wines and jams and southern candies, such as pecan logs and divinity. (I am happy to swap goodies from here to where you are from, if you are interested please message me!)
ATTENTION: IF FOR SOME REASON YOU DO NOT RECEIVE ONE OF MY SWAPS, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE AND LET ME KNOW, AND I'LL BE HAPPY TO RESEND. I WOULD NEVER WISH TO UPSET OR DECEIVE ANYONE, BUT SOMETIMES THINGS DO GET LOST USPS, THANK YOU.
Also, if by some chance you get me as a partner for multiple swaps at same time, it's okay to ship them together.
Please be advised: I am not online much during the weekend. That is "our time" for my honey and I. We both work 40 hr weeks, with weird overlapping portions of our work time/off time, so any off time together is precious to me. But I do check in pretty regularly, I try for at least once a day, but I don't always log in daily.
I love to do this and I am committed to getting and maintaining good ratings. I have had pen pals on and off my whole life, have been trading note-cards, postcards and junk journals/supplies via Reddit for a year, and have been on Swap-Bot since January.
I promise to always mark received as soon as possible after receiving, and I mark swaps sent the day it goes in the postal box-
Please be advised sometimes my carrier does not pick up from our mailbox until after the mail truck has run to our local office for the day, in those cases they go out of the post office the next day. I live in a rural area. There’s not much I can do about that.
Handmade Cards and ATCs
I love hanging outdoor decor (like wind chimes and pretty dangles for my trees near pond) I also make witches ladders and things like that and I like to hang those as well.
Gnomes, mushrooms and fairies
Card stock and various other card making materials
Gel pens and stickers
Glitter and bling on every thing
I love ephemera of all kinds- ticket stubs, menus from interesting places, etc
I also love Tea of all kinds; sweets of all kinds, and I have a wicked obsession with Cherry Blossoms (Canadian Candy) and All Dressed Potato Chips- which we can rarely get here.
Other things I like as well-- burned CD's; unicorns, butterflies, hummingbirds and cardinals, frogs, and moths.
I also collect empty cigarette packs(the soft or hard variety) and chip bags for craft making.
Oranges and Reds in warm tones, Jewel tone colors of all sorts are my favorite colors to work with. Turquoise is my absolute favorite color and magenta or purples are my favorites to wear
• Recipes; Vintage, New, Cutouts, Family recipes... You name it, I'll try it.
• Vintage Disney children's books; Golden Books, the paperback ones with the records, etc (I buy damaged one cheap from thrift places usually and use them for crafting)
• Pressed Flowers and Leaves
• Pressed Pennies
• Altered Playing Cards and Coins
• Washi Tapes
• Adam Sandler movies.
• ANYTHING with stars on it (My middle name is Starleen lol)
• I save cool postmarks and unusual stamps and stickers in my journal. I recently got mail from Sweden and England for the first time and was very excited.
• Painting, mostly acrylic and watercolor
• Collage, and Mixed Media art, I love repurposing as well, so I try and mix media when making “fixer upper” projects
• Making ATCs and Greeting Cards, Postcards… Been wanting to get more into ATCs and Altered playing cards
• Embroidery and Cross Stitch, I love incorporating cross stitch and embroidery into card making as well
• Loom Knitting and Hat/Scarf making
• Gardening, pressing leaves and flowers
• Junk Journaling
• Also, I am a bead hoarder- I aspire to make beautiful jewelry, but normally I just hoard treasures I find at estate and yard sales like that weird little creeper from LOTR. Haha!
General Hospital LIFER
Been watching since 1998 when I started following Grandma's "Stories" with her in the afternoons. AND IF THEY DON'T BRING IT BACK ON SOON I'M GONNA HAVE WITHDRAWLS. lol
Law and Order: SVU
“Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people.”
― Ferris Bueller
Gone in 60 Seconds
Sleepless in Seattle
What Lies Beneath
The Lion King
That's My Boy
The Little Mermaid
80s hairbands are my weakness.
Warrant, Winger, Rat, Kix, Twisted Sister, Krokus, Metallica, The Clash, etc
Also love The Pixies, Tom Waites, various Classic Rock, 90s Alternative, Motown and Funk.
I love everything from Billy Joel to Ozzy Osbourne, to Joni Mitchell.
I listen to a pretty wide variety of things, mood depending.
• A: Autumn, Arts and Crafts, Animals of all kinds, Astrology, Airplants, Aquaponics, Aquatic Plants, Automobiles, Adam Sandler, ATCs
• B: Bullet Journaling, Bookmarks, Beaches, Barbequing, Batiking, Botany, Brownies, Blues (Dark, light, teals, etc) •
• C: Christmas, Coffee, Crochet, Comedic movies, Candles, Chocolate, Cooking, Collage, Cross Stitch, Cookies •
• D: Dogs, Dancing, Dahlias •
• E: Envelopes, Ephemera, Embroidery, Espresso •
• F: Fishing, Flipbooks; Family Gatherings, Flan, Fishponds, Found items art •
• G: Genealogy; Graph Paper, Games (board games and older video games like Nintendo) •
• H: Happy Mail, Handmade crafts, Hearts, Halloween •
• I: Ink Pens, my Instant Pot •
• J: Journals, Junk Journaling, Jamming to a great song, Jewelry making and collecting •
• K: Kites, Kittens, Knitting, Karaoke •
• L: Letters, Letter Sets, Laughter, Loom Knitting, The Little Mermaid (Disney), Latch Hooking, Lavender (The color and the plant) •
• M: Mermaids, Magic, the Moon, Modeling Clay, Meditation, Motorcycles, Magenta, Maps •
• N: Naps, Notes and Note Cards, Nautical Themes, Nature, Natural Tie Dye •
• O: Octopus, Oceans, Ornithology •
• P: Postcards, Penpals, Painting, Pinup Girls, Playing Cards, Poetry, Paper Dying, Paper making, Paper in General, Plants of all kinds •
• Q: Quiet time •
• R: Reading, Retro Style •
• S: Sewing, Stickers, Sparkles, Smashbooks, Spring Flowers •
• T: Tea of all sorts, love trying new flavors, Tending to my garden, Turquoise (Stone and color), Trash-to-Treasure type art work •
• U: Under the Sea themes, Umbrellas, Ukuleles •
• V: Vanilla Beans, Vitamin water, Vexed (The word itself, I like the way it sounds and I like sneaking it into random conversation lol)
• W: Washi Tape, Golden State Warriors, Writing, the Word of God, Waterfalls •
• X: Xylophones, Xray photos •
• Y: Yeast Bread and Rolls, Yellow (Lemon Yellow) •
• Z: Zebras, Ziplines
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|