7/7/18 I've had a few personal issues to deal with the past month and I'm catching up on rating my swaps and if you have any questions don't hesitate to email me. I'll get all my emails answered in the next few days. Hugs and be sure to tell those you care about how much you love them!!!
I am a 46 year old gal who lives in the middle of the USA with my 2 amazing dogs (Maddie -big old black labrador and Candy - 6yr old German Shepherd / Whippet mix.. ornery little thing.) I’ve owned a little print shop since 1999 and love going to the movies, reading, traveling and spending time with my loved ones.
CANDY & I
I love paper crafting. I really have always enjoyed paper and stationery. Growing up my Grandma would always mail me letters, even though her farm was just 20 miles down the road from our town. But it was always fun to get letters and little cutouts she would include from her local paper. She did that until she passed away. I still have almost every single letter and card she ever sent me. Ultimately, I would like to find a few people to become long-term penpals with. People who have a lot in common with me (USA or Int’l)
My real passion in life is music. I can play the violin and the drums. I have a guitar but just never seem to take the time to really get into it like I thought I would. I love almost any genre and love learning about new music. I am so glad we now have digital music as my collection is so much easier to navigate. I listen to music almost from the time I wake til the time I go to sleep. I find most of my favorite life moments can be easily remembered when a song is played.
I also am an avid animal activist. I have been a volunteer at our local shelter for many many years and love working with families to find their perfect new 'furbaby' match.
I hope to meet new friends from all over this crazy big world and learn about other cultures. I used to live in NYC and as much as I enjoy living in a smaller town (not to mention, much cheaper) I think if I wasn't tied down here with family I would be living back in the NE of the USA and enjoying the culture and arts and entertainment that was so readily available there.
Few misc things about me:
- Birthplace: Wichita, KS
- Hair: Long Auburn
- Height: 5'9"
- I have an amazing brother who is 51 weeks younger than me who is disabled and he is my world
- If I had to pick a favorite meal it would be sushi, Coke and cheesecake
- I love the New York Yankees
- I really enjoy reading books about sexy vampires. I never thought that would be a thing, but there ya go
- I have had 2 failed back surgeries which makes it hard to wear high heels but I love heels and have too many pairs to mention
- I drove an old Ford Pickup for 17 years but finally got a car that has electric windows and don't know how to contain myself
- I love watching animals in nature. My grandparents had a farm with all sorts of amazing creatures (plus about 50 peacocks) and I learned at a young age that I am living in their world and to respect nature.
- My favorite artist is Spanish painter, Jose Royo.
- My favorite times of the year are Autumn and Christmas (I'm not religious but love the season and love the decorations)
- I have a wicked sense of humour. I am the person who can make just about anyone laugh. When I meet someone who is grouchy I feel like it is my personal mission to make them smile. It is my own self-dare. And I seldom lose. I also hand out compliments to people I meet on a daily basis. To me, there is nothing better than watching a person going on about their day and get a small compliment about something trivial like their pretty dress and watch their face light up. I had a young man who works at my local grocer's market tell me he liked my new scarf a few weeks ago and it made my entire day. We need to do more of that. I love talking to strangers.
- I am here to make friends and share my love of arts & crafts. I try and put thought into what my swap partner would want but please know that I'm easy to please. If you are artistic and don't like my 'likes below' and want to make me a black and white card with skulls because that is how you are feeling today, by all means, do it! Be you and I will adore you for it.
- I keep a binder of my swaps sorted by Unsent according to Due Dates, Sent, & Archived. I track when I send the item and take images of me mailing them and keep track of when I've rated, been rated, etc. So, if there is a swap with me that you haven't gotten, or been rated, please let me know ASAP so I can resend or do what I need to rectify the situation. I will not flake.
- I am also a very understanding person and realize that Swap-bot isn't the top of everyone's daily list so if someone is late sending me a swap, just let me know. A kind email goes so far with me. I'd rather someone just tell me than lie and hope I won't remember.
- I have a business, a disabled brother and 2 elderly parents so my life is busy not to mention I live with chronic pain so if I ever am late, I will let you know as well. Life is hard sometimes and I love swapping, it relieves stress for me but sometimes daily life takes precedence but I will always communicate with you if that happens.
- If we are in a postcard swap, I'd prefer to know what song you are listening to today or what book, show, etc makes you smile rather than just a random quote.
- I am willing to do one-on-one swaps with others if anything on my lists tickles your fancy & you'd like to do a trade. Just PM me.
- Card Making, postcards, other papercrafting
- Art Journaling
- Nuno Felting
- I read.. A LOT and love to learn about new authors
Things I Love:
- I love these colors: Pink, Rose Gold, Coral, Red, Peacock colors, anything bright. Also, most romantic images (florals, vintage feel, etc.) Greens and Orange combo are my least favorite
- The original Wizard of Oz artwork makes me happy.
- Old concert, sports or movie tickets
- Any paper money from around the world (using to make an amazing art display)
- I like shabby-chic, farmhouse chic and vintage items
- Watercolor paints (especially handmade)
- Stamped images (you don't need to cut them out I have a brother scan and cut, but please let me know which ink you used to I know what I can color it with)
- Unique washi tapes
- Neat fibers. I don't knit or crochet YET! but I do love using unique fibers when I make cards, art journal and nuno felt
- Unique patterned paper (fabric paper)
- Nibs or fountain pens (hand lettering)
- Pressed flowers
- Statue of Liberty stamps*/ postcards (new or used (vintage is awesome)
- Any New York City Postcards (new/used)
- Artsy postcards or unique postcards. it is hard to find fun postcards in Wichita (trust me, I've tried) so I've bought loads of boxes of postcards on amazon but really want to build up a fun eclectic collection so I have just the right one for each time I send a card to someone on here or on postcrossing.
- Vintage Santa Ephemera
- Old/new Broadway or West End playbills (or any playbill from around the world) if you saw the show and want to include a little note about your memories of that night, that would make it even more enjoyable for me)
- I love handmade items (even if a swap calls for storebought and you want to send me a handmade item I would LOVE that.)
- Recipes! Handwritten from you or even old recipes that you have. I love trying new and fun meals from anywhere in the world. I can eat just about anything as long as I can temper the amount of spiciness so it doesn't make my nose run too much
- Clear or rubber stamps (I have loads and loads but creating fun images from stamps makes me happy)
- Holographic items
- Eyelets &/or Brads
- Funko Pops (I wish I could stop collecting them. It seems so silly)
Shows I Love:
- Outlander & Poldark (don't make me choose between Jamie & Ross, I just can't)
- Game of Thrones
- Lucifer (I would watch Tom Ellis & Tom Welling doing a crossword puzzle)
- Supernatural (what middle aged woman doesn't LOL)
- Doctor Who
- Call the Midwife
- Dexter - I so miss that show
- Black Mirror
- Man in the High Castle
Movies I Love:
- Comedies (from just stupid silly to extreme dry humour)
- Thrillers but not horror
- Not a huge fan of most superhero movies but will watch anything with Jason Mamoa (Aquaman), Wonder Woman, & Deadpool
Music I Love:
I love so many artists. I love people/bands I can sing along to. It needs a good beat!!!
- Jack White
- Michael Buble
- POP (Mika, Adele, P!NK, Kelly Clarkson, Ed Sheeran, Robyn, Alicia Keys)
- Jack White
- The Beatles & John Lennon
- Neil Diamond
- 80's Music - pretty much all of it. When I was a teen I had 'POISON' as my license plate... yup, I was that girl. LOL First concert with friends was Motley Crue
- Any of the Rat Pack
- Broadway or other Musicals. I love singing along
- Classic Rock (Warren Zevon brings tears to my eyes)
- Easy Listening (Carole King, James Taylor, Cat Stevens, Carly Simon, Joni Mitchell, Janis Joplin)
- Old Country (Johnny Cash, Tanya Tucker, George Strait, Brad Paisley)
- India Aria, V.V. Brown
- I've had migraines since high school which is why I started my own business and as I get older they are getting worse
- I don't mind some risque artwork, cards, postcards. I think the human body is a work of art and I have a pretty raunchy sense of humour.
- My handwriting is horrible. I used to have good handwriting but it has become an abomination so I'm slowly practicing handlettering. My issue is I do everything quickly, so I'm trying to work on spending more time on my writing. Goodness knows I bought all the handlettering books, now I just have to apply myself.
Thank you But NO THANK YOU (prefer to not acquire the following)
- No religious items, please. Thank you for understanding
- Nothing heavily scented, no candles, fragrance samples, etc. (migraines)
- Nothing smelling of smoke. I'm sorry if that offends anyone but I will get a migraine almost instantly from smoke
- Please no circus animal, zoo animals, horse racing or dog race images. No animal images where the animal looks to be hurt or in danger.
- No peach, cherry or grape flavored items
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'm pretty much an open book.
Have an amazing day and HAPPY SWAPPING!