I'm back after a 7 year absence. Tldr: Life got in the way in a bad way. Thankfully, I've been able to bounce back. I'm back mainly because I want to do right by the two folks who didn't receive their swaps from me. I also still have so many postcards that I'd like to find homes for.
Making it right
02/13/18 Swap mailed to @coleenfranks (photos of content and postmarked parcel sent as well)
Currently creating new swap to resend to @missyhope
Hey there! My name is Nicky. :-)
Before anything, I'm from the Philippines and the post is really erratic here. Sometimes it takes international mail less than 10 days to get to their destination, other times it's taken as long as 45 days for a simple postcard! 😑 Here's the a link to the days of travel my Postcrossing cards have taken to illustrate that.
I only ask that you give my swaps some time before you rate because the speed of post is not under my control. If I'm your assigned partner I will always resend a swap that gets lost. Please just get in touch with me before you rate.😊
I've always loved snail mail.💌
It was my grandma who first introduced me to it.👵 We were writing back and forth to each other as soon as I could handle a crayon. I still really love it. From the process of putting together a letter or parcel to that excitement of getting something in the mail -- it's all just so lovely. 💕 I don't even mind the wait. I think of it as a slow ebb of connections being made and stories being woven. Plus, it makes each mail day a potential bringer of nice little suprises. Love it!😍
To keep the lights on, I work as a freelance copywriter. But what I'm really passionate about is my volunteer work. As a volunteer, I help run two LGBTQIA+ rights non-profits. I'm also slowly but surely learning more about how to make my activism more intersectional.
I live with my partner and our menagerie of rescue dogs and cats who run our lives. Haha
I like a whole range of stuff. However, I’m mostly drawn to indie folk and indie pop music. I love Nataly Dawn, Perfume Genius, Julien Baker, Sufjan Stevens, Dresses, Lake Street Drive, dodie, MUNA, The Wild Reeds, Anna of the North, BP Valenzuela, Ourselves the Elves, Shura, Banks, HAIM, Oh Wonder, Ingrid Michaelson, and so many more.
I also love a lot of 90s and early 2000s music. Spice Girls, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Bic Runga, Vitamin String Quartet, Garbage, and a whole lot more!
I love books. So it's really sad that I don't have time to attend to them! I have about 200 books in my library but have only read a little over half of those. 😔 My guilt has gotten the better of me so I’ve pledged to stop buying books until I read everything I already have. Still not done with all of them. I have a lot of Wintersons, Murakamis, Gaiman, Atwood. I also really love Gay Talese and Jeffrey Euginides.
Currently reading: The Well of Loneliness by Radclyffe Hall
I rarely ever watch TV anymore but I binge Netflix more than I should! I love Doctor Who, Star Trek (Discovery, Next Generation, and Voyager), Orange is the New Black, Alias Grace, Jane The Virgin, Brooklyn 99, Sens8, The Good Place, This is Us, Travelers, Grace and Frankie, Dirk Gently, Crazyheads, Fringe, and so much more!
• Pride (LGBTQIA+) stuff 🌈
• Feminist or human rights stuff✊
• Paper – handmade, recycled, stationary, letter sets, notecards, notepads, journals, etc
• Letter writing stuff - pens, wax seals, wax for wax seals, labels, inks, letter openers, etc.
• Rubber stamps - Kodomo No Kao, Cavallini and Co., any rubber stamp. Travel, mail, and writing related if possible
o Your handmade art!
o Any style: cubism, ethnic, impressionism, art nouveau, modern, etc, etc, etc
o Clever campaigns such as those on www.helloyoucreatives.com (best if on cards)
o Retro designs or ads (best if on cards)
o Great graphic design
o Tattoo art (on cards, photos, or shaded/colored in sketches)
• Cultural or traditional stuff that can tell me more about your culture. Would appreciate if these weren't appropriated things though.😊
• Fun stamps on postcards! I've always wanted to get Doctor Who stamps!💙
• Tea - we’ve a very limited selection in the Philippines. Would love to get tea from all over the world. I don’t like floral teas though.
• Fairy tales and legends from your own country. I really love the dark/original versions of fairy tales too.
• Food from your own country. It can be the actual food (spices, candies, the actual food, etc) or recipes.
• Quirky stuff!
• Music suggestions
• I like my PCs written on and with postage stamps and all those postal markings.
• Fanart, postage stamps, and other fun stuff that features the shows and films I mentioned above would be AWESOME.
• Kawaii stuff
• Stickers (unless you think I’m going to like them)
• Religious stuff
• Items with discriminatory messages (no matter how subtle)
• Multi-view postcards
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|