Date Joined: October 3, 2007
Last Online: November 22, 2017
Birthday: November 6
Country: United States
Moby, Morcheeba, Massive Attack, Faithless, Citizen Cope, Tricky, Tech9ine, Mazzy Star, Citizen Cope, Major Lazer, G-Eazy, Post Malone, Fetty Wap, Fugees, Wyclef, Frank Ocean, Kendrick Lamar, Russ, 6lack, etc...
Favorite book of all time: Veronica by Nicholas Christopher
I also like: Short stories by O. Henry, anything written by David Sedaris or Miranda July, The Little Prince, The Glass Castle, Love Walked In and Belong To Me by Marisa de los Santos, Garlic & Sapphires and other books/articles written by Ruth Reichl, anything by MFK Fisher, "Stories" by Brian Andreas.
Favorite poets: Virginia Hamilton Adair and Nicholas Christopher
All time favorite: Bottle Rocket (and I like most all other Wes Anderson movies like Rushmore, Fantastic Mr. Fox and Royal Tenenbaums)
Closely followed, in no particular order, by: Groundhog Day, What About Bob, Run Lola Run, Me and You and Everyone We Know, Little Miss Sunshine, Elf, Station Agent, Birth, Nobody Knows, Amelie, Celestial Clockwork, Lost in Translation, Anchorman, Punch Drunk Love, Pieces of April, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, About Schmidt, I Heart Huckabees, Love Actually, Dough, Demolition Man, Oscar shorts (LOVED Stutterer and Le Femme et le VTG).
Arrested Development, At Midnight, Ozark, Flight of the Conchords, Nathan for You, Top Chef, Chopped, Big Brother, Insecure, Amazing Race, The Mole (miss it), Parenthood (also miss it), Impractical Jokers, Billy on the Street, Flea Bag, Catfish, The Missing, Unbreakable Kimmie Schmidt, Master of None, The Affair, any and all ATP men's (tennis) tournaments, NFL Football (Go Chiefs!), any and ALL documentaries (Something's Wrong with Aunt Diane is a fave), anything having to do with true mysteries/mysterious disappearances (Disappeared, Gine, Forensic Files, Cold Case Files, etc)...ID Channel is a new favorite!
· I live in Portland, Oregon but have lived in other parts of the US as well (Minnesota, Nebraska, Kansas and California).
· I have been a personal chef in the past, but after I adopted my kids , I went back to freelance writing. I have written all kinds of stuff professionally, but right now I am an astrology writer for horoscope.com, plus I do tarot readings and astrology charts. I am working on a memoir.
· I love art (especially book arts like journal making, paper making, etc.), color, design and all kinds of packaging...
· I like bright colors like pink, fuscia, white, turquoise, lime green, periwinkle (esp. in the Spring/Summer) and black/white combo, deep reds, deep blue and purple.
· Autumn is my favorite season and dusk/twilight is my favorite time of day. Sunset and sunrise are magical times, I try to appreciate them daily...
· I love cooking, wine (especially sparkling/Champagne and Rose), giving gifts (especially the wrapping part!), reading, listening to music and getting surprises in the mail.
· I love glossy cooking and art magazines!
· I love to laugh (sarcasm, dumb jokes, bad puns and other variations of word play are the best way to get me to crack a smile). I am not easily offended.
· the ocean · poetry · hotels and hotel minibars · things that smell good (vanilla, spices, exotic/spicy perfumes, Autumn air, baby powder) · bonfires · NFL football (Go KC Chiefs!) · sunsets · moonlight · dusk (favorite time of day) · Moomin · the moon · potato chip cookies · Carmel California · Thai food · cool/interesting restaurant menus · islands · tennis · Champagne · animals (especially dogs, cats and squirrels) · art and cooking magazines · peanuts and other salty treats like smoked almonds and cheese popcorn · hummingbirds · passionflowers · magnets - interesting stickers · interesting quotes · fancy sweets (good caramels, truffles and macarons...yum) · Joshua trees · Cuba · congas · Carribean food · Candlelight · Tiny things · Words/word etymology/learning new vocabulary words · Gift wrap · Interesting packaging/food packaging ·
· Don't really care for goth, "country/Americana" or Kawaii stuff, but I am open to it if it is something you are passionate about. Just tell me why you love it when you send it!
· Art/design/cooking magazines
· Unique ephemera
· Sweets (love fancy caramels and turtles)
· Wine or food packaging labels (like clean candy wrappers/labels off cans/boxes, etc...)
· I collect funny/unusual/interesting obituaries, so if you see one in your local paper that fits that description I would LOVE it if you cut it out and sent it to me!
· Black and White Photos
· Old letters
· Found receipts/shopping lists
· Handmade Papers
· Anything with Squirrels on it
· Things related to the Moon and/or Stars
· Articles about mysteries/disappearances
· Interesting takeout/restaurant menus
· Jokes/sarcastic humor
· Flipbooks (my new favorites thing to make)
I love to do 'profile surprise' or similar interest type swaps with other non-flaky swappers. PM me if we have stuff in common and you'd like to set something up!
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|