Date Joined: August 8, 2007
Last Online: July 9, 2010
Birthday: October 9, 1960
Country: United States
*I'm still away from computer mostly due to severe illness and son coming home from Iraq :) I'm done with all my swaps for now and am taking a rest from swapping. I can't get into my profile so hope all is well. I know I sent a few swaps late but did notify the receivers. I'm cheking my e-mail once a week - [email protected] Thanks.
I'm a 49-yr-old Country Gal born and raised in NC and have lived in the beautiful Pacific Northwest in WA for 30 years. I'm Mom to 6-his, mine & ours-which patters the house with 11 little grandbrats and #12 coming soon. Our baby boy (26) just returned from Iraq on his 2nd tour of duty. He left a newborn son and came home to a walking but toothless toddler. My husband and I have been married 29 years (2/14 anniversary) and live in a town of 3000, in the forest, by the river with eagles soaring, at the base of a glacier and in 45 minutes can drive down out of the mountains to the bay and go cruising on our 28' boat. The best of both worlds (and 1.5 hrs to Seattle). I had to quit working 5 years ago due to health problems as a result of post tramatic stress disorder (not military). As a result I found postcard trading on the net! I don't know how I'll feel one day to the next, but the mail and messages from folks and learning of other places sure brightens my world :)
I like New, Modern 4x6 USA postcards (pigs, angels, mice, recipe any size) And International any size is okay. (dislikes below) I prefer cards to be sent unwritten on, in envelope, if possible.
My Favorite POSTCARDS are Autumn, historic, map, cap, flag, LL, stamp pic on pc, scenic, People famous or not, B&W, military, Place of Worship, courthouse, govenor mansion, Angels, feet, hat, gravesite/cemetary, wildlife, turtles, birds, penguin, pig, mice, wildflowers, road signs, license plate, quilt, reflection, snow/fog/ice, mailboxes, rustic/rural, odd trees, desert, rocks, barn, crop, clock, mining/minerals, rocks, cave, ship, song, fence, Autumn, odd and unusal, Native American, Africa, Yukon, simplistic-a door, a window & such. Most any cards really, but DO NOT like cityview, artcards, advertisement, multiviews and cutsey sayings for examople: missing you, last payment and it's mine, hot hunks, etc.
FOR OTHER SWAPS
Fave colors are burgandy, blue (of all shades), red, pink and most other colors BUT NOT green, purple, orange or gray.
I like Country music and mellow music like Enya, Carlos Nakai, Estaban, Earl Klugh. Also Celtic (just music-no vocal) and upbeat Christian music.
My Favorite Hobby is Trading
* My FAVE is postcards (have 10,000)
* Souvenir Spoons, Thimbles and Magnets with state or country name on them. I also collect decorative Thimbles as well. My latest was a moose head carved from a moose horn piece. Neat!
* I also collect Squished Pennies (You know the ones where you put .50 in and then a penny and it squishes the souvenir image onto the penny)
* I'm getting into the misc. swaps with puffy envies of goodies and you don't know what you're gonna get sometimes. Fun :)
* Note: I don't collect key chains, shot glasses and other souvenirs but have them to trade out. I'll trade for a souvenir magnet, thimble or spoon or postcards *Other interests include making earrings (still a novice-haven't gotten the findings for necklaces & bracelets figured out yet), reading novels & biographies, cross-stitch & gardening.
Am looking for cute PENCILS and pencils with any geographic area name on them for my SISTER who has CANCER and is a pencil collector
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|