So I've always been in love with the idea of snailmail. I've sent plenty of them while I was at boarding school and I guess it's something that just stuck with me. I've been toying with the idea of finding a penpal in this day and age and Voila I came across a YouTube video which directed me here. SO HERE I AM!!!
I am new to this but I will try my best to make the most of this system. I'm living in India but I'm a Tibetan. The whole idea of finding a penpal, learning about different cultures and getting to know other people (in an era of internet) is a beautiful experience.
I'm currently pursuing my PhD in Psychology and I'm not sure what trouble I've signed myself up for. Compared to that I'm hoping finding a penpal would be a breeze. :)
I'm also trying to learn Korean and Tibetan languages. I have always been someone who likes planning and preparing for simple things and they may not always be visible but they exist. So this year I began a bullet journal in Jan. I'm taking it slow so nothing too fancy as of now.
You can jump to the DIY and ABC section to know what to write or send me.
I am also open to personal swaps (containing what I'm looking for-mentioned below). Drop me a message if you are interested.
NOTE: Please message me if you don't receive my snailmail. I send all swaps before the deadline. If any mail has been misplaced or doesn't arrive, I will resend if necessary.
So I'm not a complete bookworm but yeah I'm a voracious reader. I don't think I can remember all the books I've ever read. My all time favourite genres are
I have read a few non-fiction as well but mostly self help and personal development books.
There's something about a story that sticks with me while I forget it's name/title. Does that happen with you too ?
I think I can definitely say I enjoy a bit of every genre (except war movies or those based in that time) But there are a few that stick with me, even after the passage of time I remember scenes vividly and enjoy watching them again and again. Like,
• Shutter Island
• Seven Pounds
• Catch me if you can
• Shawshank Redepmtion
Well this is indeed something that requires the patience to follow and if you happen to miss or hear of a particular show late then the binge watching begins (guilty). You know you've done that too. By the way a few of my personal favourites are:
• Dexter ( I love, love this one. Insanely intriguing)
• Prison Break (I think the planning and plotting just drew me in as someone whose completely into the whole planning and organising bit)
• Suits (damn these guys know what they're doing)
• Lie to Me ( I'd be surprised maybe shocked to ever know of any Psyc student who doesn't love this one)
I've reached this far and I haven't yet mentioned this whole new world of K-dramas that I've been going gaga over (Not joined the K-pop bandwagon, yet). It's been a completely new world that has gotten me intrigued about Korea- its culture, food, people and language (Yes, I picked up a few words from the TV series and yes I'm struggling to learn Korean). I don't want to list all the K-Drama, as it's never ending.
While it's been a few years since I decided that I want my life to be productive and minimalistic(I'm trying my best). A big reason I began DIYing and recycling things around me to make optimum utilisation of resources. While doing this I try to pick up a new skill every now and then. It could be small but as long as it helps sustainability.
Also please don't be surprised if I reuse magazines, newspapers and envies for your mail.
- Random flat envie - @FireBall96 3 March)
- I wish for @abcdefgxyz12367985 S:3 March A: 1 May)
- I collect... STPA - @daydreamer47 S:3 March A:28 April)
- Send to the person above you - @breezyp S:16 April, A: 8May)
- Tag me but I send to you - bblue(S:16 Apri A: 14 Mayl)
- Quick...I need @anicka22 (S:16 April A:15 May)
- ISS April wishlist- @phillaine @anicka(S:16 April A:15May)
- Surprise Tag - @BeHappyToday S:16 April A:18May), @lizzmathwhiz S:20 April A:10 May)
- ISS: flat surprise: @keruka S:16 April A:May), @mgallardo68 S:6May)
- 5,4,3,2,1 Tag~ Int'l : @lizzmathwhiz (Arrived May 10) , @FireBall96 (20 April), @Rainydancer (S:17 May A:5 June)
- Global swap tag, rated swappers: @FireBall96 20 April) @daydreamer47 (S:16July A: 2Aug)
- WTL-Washi wishlist: @mye (S:17 A:31 May)
- ISS May wish: @Mye (S: 17 A: 31 May) @Marryth (S: 17 May A: 19 June) @vacths95 S:17 May A:5 June) @ncnurse (S:17May)
- Themed washi tag : @user6937 (S:6May A: 26June)
- Tag through the alphabet : @user6937 (S:17May A: 3July)
- My requests : @jenthewen (S: 23 May A:1 June)
- Happy mail International : @rainbowfizz (S:14 June A:19 June)
- ISS Take 10: @mgallardo68 (S: 30June)
- Help I can't find : @anicka22 (S:30Sept A:)
- Cheap postage tag @ILoVeCoWs (S:16 Oct A:)
- ISS 5,4,3,2,1 Tag: @Ciska76 (S:16Oct A: 1Nov)
- ISS April wishlist: @anicka22 24/4/2019), @mgallardo68 @phillaine
- I collect, send to the person above : @tcornell 26/04/2019)
- Tag me but I send to you: @lovetherain
- Random flat envie : @abcdefgxyz12367985
- Tag through the alphabet: @itsnobody
- Quick I need : @neva
- ISS flat surprise @mgallardo68 @phillaine 3June,2019)
- WTL Washi wishlist: @jenmcjen (1 May)
- Themed washi tag swap : @daydreamer47
- Global swap tag rated swapper: @Mye
- 5,4,3,2,1 Tag : @rainydancer @user6937
- I wish for: @yunasy
- ISS May wishlist: @anicka22 @mgallardo68
- ISS Take 10 Tag: @mgallardo68
- ISS 5,4,3,2,1 Tag: @anicka22
So I skimmed through a few profiles and thought I'd include this section to help you decide what you could send/write about or maybe find common ground with me.
I will keep updating it regularly
A - artwork(your original), Asian
B- books (of any kind), bright colours, baking, Bristol paper (any size), birds, botanical
C- calligraphy, clear stamps, cardstock paper(any size), challenging myself, compassion, craft, colours(mostly all, except glitter or shimmer), charms for TN, constellation
D- dogs, doodle, DIY, drawing, die cuts (nature themed, botanical, underwater theme, labels, tags, doilies, paper lace)
E- exploring, envelopes(handmade), embroidery,
F- french fries, flowers, feathers, fitness, fragrance(like mostly earthy and fruity but not flowery),
H- handmade(anything), Harry Potter,
I- introvert, illustration, instant photo(Polaroids, Instax), inkpads(slightly used will also do)
J- journalling, Japanese culture and art related things,
K- Korean drama, Korean culture and art related things
L- leaves, learning new skills, lace(fabric/paper)
M- memo sheets, mindfulness, meditation, mountains, minimalism, maps, metal dies, mushrooms
N- note card(blank inside)
O- organising, optimisim, oceans
P- pastel colours, plants, poetry (about life, nature, emotions, humorous, haiku, your original), pens, paper(all kinds for scrapbooking esp. handmade/recyled), photo/photography, painting, funky paper clips, pouch(stationery), pressed flowers/plants,
R- reading, rubber stamps(refer to section below), research, recycled paper,
S- stationery(obviously), stickers(refer to section below) , stencils, sketches,
T- travelling, trees, TN inserts (B5 slim, dotted pages), twine/thread
U- universe, uniball pens,
V- vintage, vellum,
W- washitape(refer to section below), writing, walking, winter, watercolours, workout, wax paper
Z- zentangle, zen, zines, zip pouches
Since I'm obsessed with these I thought they deserved a separate section of their own.
I'm disheartened that I would have a need to mention flakes but at the same time I'm grateful for the angels in here.
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|