I am a 29 year old woman, 3rd child of 6 (3 sisters, 2 brothers), mother of my beautiful daughter, auntie to 5 boys, and girlfriend of 10 years to my delightful love, Ian.
I love having a large, loud family that also crafts along with me. I bought my own home in 2009 and have been slowly decorating it.
I am interested in crafting. I love to DYI and refashion clothing into something that I can rock.
I love all colors but my total favorite is Pink! I guess you can say I am a girlie girl. I love wearing skirts and dresses-- the more ruffles the better.
I volunteer with a local rabbit rescue group. I have 4 bunnies right now.
If you have not received my package yet, PLEASE SEND ME A PM BEFORE YOU RATE ME SO I CAN DO SOMETHING TO FIX THIS!!! I send everything out within a few days of getting swap partners so please let me know asap! I'm NOT a flaker and would really love the chance to fix the problem!
Favorite Movies- I LOVE movies and TV shows!! I own a lot of DVDs and BluRays. Some of my favorite movies and shows of all time are listed below.
• Star Trek Original Series (Especially Spock!)
• Battlestar Galactica (What the frak, Starbuck?!)
• Labyrinth (Rawr! David Bowie and a great story)
• Ever After (Who doesn't love love?)
• 10 Things I Hate About You
• Funny Face (Fred Astaire. Wonderful!)
• Mad Men (sigh)
• Daddy Long Legs
• Kate and Leopold
• Beauty and the Beast - The TV series. Remember it? with Ron Perlman, Roy Dotrice, Richard Partlow, Linda Hamilton... check it out @ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092319/
• Sabrina (Love the remake. Original is lovely too.)
• 500 Days of Summer
• High Fidelity
• How I Met Your Mother (Niel Patrick Harris rocks my bobby socks clear off)
• True Blood (Meow! Hello, Alexander Skarsgard!)
Favorite Crafts I crochet, sew, paint, scrapbook, quilt…. and so on. I love crafty things. I love trying new crafts so don't worry if I didn't list something here that you think I should try!
I wish I knew about hand-carving stamps. They are so beautiful and fun-- I want to learn more on this next! Do you hand-carve? Any tips, tuts, or examples would be lovely. Where do you get your supplies at a reasonable cost?
I recently decided it was time i took control of my life. Last year, I went from a size 34 Women’s clothing to a size 12 so I am really focused on refashioning larger clothing to fit me again. If you have patterns to make dresses, tops, etc—I would LOVE them.
For Crafty Swaps I Like:
• BUTTONS. (Sewing kind) I have an unhealthy obsession with buttons
• Beaded Ribbon or Trim
• Yarn! I love playing with different textures and fibers. Hand spun is gorgeous. I love color and variety in my crafts so no worries there
• Cotton Fabrics. Mostly patterned. I am not a fan of "country" styles. I like contemporary and modern. I love paisley. I love graphic prints. I love tonal pieces too. I love jelly rolls, charm packs and layer cakes and would be happy to inherit your leftover strips/squares.
• Japanese Fabrics; Kawaii styles (fruits, animals, fairy tales, etc)
• Wool and Acrylic Felt Sheets/Yardage (all colors).
• DMC Cross Stitch threads in different colors
• Patterns—crochet, sewing… whatever
• Denim - i am working on making a quilt so some up cycled denim would be great
• Scrapbook supplies in Black/White/Pinks - I am working on a all black, white, pink project so embellishments for that would be awesome
I have pretty eclectic tastes, and my favorites vary. I love to have fun and dance. I love all music-- country, rap, R&B, pop, swing, classical..... I love to sing so something I can sing to is always nice.
Favorites: Placebo, Incubus, Taylor Swift, Our Lady Peace, Regina Spektor, Ben Folds, She Wants Revenge, Garth Brooks, Ke$ha
I love musicals (Rent, Guys and Dolls, Wicked, Avenue Q, Chicago, Phantom... the list goes on)
I like to read romance novels that deal with knights and scottish/irish clans. I love books that are like bubble gum-- fun and flavorful but with little to think about while reading. One of my favorite authors is Nora Roberts. I like stories with unicorns and faieries. I have read the Twilight series and enjoyed it. Right now I am reading Wicked. I like craft magazines, they give me so many ideas.
• BUTTONS (you know... like the kind with holes or back shanks that you put on clothing; NOT the pin kind)
• Bunnies. I have 5 so you can't go wrong with a bunny something or other
• Crafting supplies (zippers, trim, lace, ribbon, chipboard, brads...)
• Bags- all shapes and sizes though large are my favorite
• Long necklaces and dandling earrings
• Pink glittery things!!
• Princess things- crowns and tiaras
• Store and Handmade Kawaii - amigurumis, plushies
• Fairy Tales
• Ice Hockey (Philadelphia Flyers and/or generic)
• Irish-pride things
• Hearts, stars, polka-dots
• Peanut butter!! White chocolate, milk and dark chocolate too. You can't go wrong with Peanut Butter, though.
• "Animals" I love: Small yappy dogs, penguins, turtles, horses, bunnies, monkeys, dragons, unicorns, unusual animals like duck-billed platypus, etc
• Nerd gear. Video games, math, sciencey stuff, internet mems, robots, LOLs, sci-fi movies/television
• Colors - I LOVE Pink, but I also can get down with most colors. I love fun color combinations like red, orange, and teal. I love that contrast. I can't think of a color that I do dislike-- I can make it work. I love colors that are bright, muted, or pastels. I love yellow, orange, purple, blue, green, red, black, brown, grey, cream.... I am very easy to please :)
• I collect alcohol corks! Wine, beer, campaign. You are practically guaranteed a heart if you send me some :)
• I love sarcasm and subversive themes make me smile. (see: http://www.subversivecrossstitch.com/ for more info on what I mean)
• I love vintage pinup girls.
• Dirty / Broken Things
• Rats, gross bugs
• Coffee/Tea - Love the smell but don't really drink it ever
• Religious Stuff - I respect religion. I love a happy buddah and spiritual items but I try to stay away from religious items as a general rule.
• Teacher/Reward Stickers...Smiley Face Stickers
• Loose glitter (Soooo messy so if you send it, sent it contained in something? Otherwise I am a big glitter fan!)
• Anything sports related (with the exception of ice hockey)
• Bracelets. I don't hate them, i just rarely wear them!
I think I am super easy to please. Just PM me with any questions!
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|