I live in the UK near London....Im happy to do private swaps, just let me know, also I'm just getting back into having penfriends again!
**I'm very reliable and really want my swap partners to be happy :) please always contact me if there's a problem before giving me a bad rating! **
I've had a rough Spring/Summer last year as my allergies have become extreme and I'm decluttering as one of my severe allergies is to dust - I guess this means I now prefer to receive useful items rather than just decorative, though if you have something which fits my likes which wouldn't collect too much dust then we can risk it! ;-) I'm also VERY allergic to pollen so if you can keep pollen off the inside of your package as far as possible I will be very grateful!
Swapping is my way of travelling without the travelling! I travelled a lot when I was younger, but with a mortgage and job now it's got a lot harder so swapping fills the gap! I LOVE swapbot and enjoy finding and sending things to fit my partners profiles to try and make them smile as much as I love getting packages in the mail myself! Originally I studied languages alors je parle francais und ich spreche Deutsch. In fact I'm a big fan of Germany and most things German....
I love different languages and cultures, please do tell me something about you and where you live if you have the time. I also love trying foods from different countries. Wenn Du Deutsch bist, dann schreib mir bitte auf Deutsch :)
I have 3 amazing sons and am loving watching them make their way in the world now they are grown. I'm so proud of them! I don't feel much older than them most of the time until I need to keep up with them!
I love nice mail, sunny days, lilies, the sea, my amazing children, honeysuckle, champagne, guinea pigs, rabbits, very very soft things, my iPad, time with friends, meeting interesting people, laughing,good wine, orange blossom, sunflowers, my garden, growing things, the sound of rain on the roof...
My latest love is geocaching! I'm so glad I've found it and I'm loving the beautiful and interesting ( and challenging!) places it takes me to! Trackables are also another way of travelling without leaving home! ;-)
I've also just discovered painted stones! (love on the rocks - facebook)
I work in the mental health field, love my job, but it's exhausting at times.I mostly work in a boarding school now which means more hours but longer holidays!
I enjoy cooking and baking so if you would like to send me a recipe typical of your country or which you love, please do - I cook from scratch though, so no recipes using cake mixes etc or canned fillings etc thanks, and I prefer not to have standard recipes out of magazines or recipe cards - I want a recipe that means something to you please and which you've used, preferably often!
I love old (pre 1965) magazines, I also love very old greetings cards (before 1950) The older the better and I love reading very old letters and postcards (pre 1950) and imagining the lives of the people who wrote them! My current favourite is a postcard I found in a charity shop to a girl at boarding school from her rather posh mum who had just visited an exhibition of "modern art" in London and is rather shocked! I'm happy to get interesting finds of yours as well.
Although I've dabbled with crafts, I'm definitely not a crafter, and I'm absolutely no good at papercrafts so prefer not to get items aimed at these, but am very happy to get things you have made!
I crochet so nice yarn is definitely on my wishlist these days :) oh and your granny squares! How cool it would be to make a blanket out of granny squares from around the world! Also very happy to get your amigurumi - I've made one and found it a challenge!!
I paint and have got a couple of canvases on my walls which I painted myself and a few more on the go - like my crochet, there are plenty of WIPs!
I've just discovered stone painting and nice pens such as posca and beupro metallics!
Some things I like.... (Not in any order!)
- Emma Bridgewater pottery!!! (Actually this does come near the top!) I just had a factory tour and have gone from being a sceptic about something so expensive to a complete convert! I was so impressed that everything at every stage is done by hand! No wonder it's expensive!!
- I ADORE candle holders that look like a typical house or building of your country
- i love all things icebat/ugly dolls.
- ** I love very very soft things**
- vintage magazines from 1950 and earlier, really old photo's of people (1920's and earlier) especially women or old people or people working.
- beautiful or wide washi tape
- beautiful washi tape and wide packaging tape ( not narrow thanks, I have a lot!)
- German Krimis - my latest favourite author is Andreas Foehr :) please see below for what I already have before sending! :)
_ Any award winning young adult fiction by a German author, ( in German please)
- I love books by Arnaldur Indridason (in English please) - So far I've read "Jar City", "Voices" and "The Draining Lake" but would be super-happy to get any others. Second hand is fine.
- cute rabbit items including Miffy and I would particularly love a metal Miffy cookie cutter!! ( some lovely swapbot member already sent me a plastic one!)
- traditional crafts though I don't really like batik items
- wool/yarn for crocheting, yarn needle etc And maybe even needles to knit socks (ssshhh knitting is going to the dark side!!) My favourite hooks at the moment are the Clover Amour ones. Colours I love are below and I love colour change yarns though don't like garish or neon colours.
- unicorn, moose, beavers, Delft blue cows, rabbits
- nice pens and craft pens
- I like most colours (except burgundy which i hate and neon which I'm not a fan of!) but don't wear yellow, peach, cream, red, orange,green or brown, i prefer cool tones - blues, black, light grey or charcoal, magenta pink, very pale pink, white etc...I also like rainbow colours and stripes. the colours I'm not keen on are OK in mixed patterns or stripes on socks etc!
- cotton or wool or bamboo or fluffy socks - my absolute favourites are handknitted wool or bamboo and bright unusual cool patterns same as above for colours! Size 38.5. Not neon or black with a bright colour please! I don't wear short trainer socks thanks. Love spotty and wide-striped socks ;-) I also love Cutie Mania fluffy socks! :)
- Soursop flavour green tea!
- David's tea filters! Awesome idea and we can't buy those here.
- Starbucks flavoured instant coffees (we only have the basic coffee here here), city mug etc. I'm not a big fan so far of any other flavoured coffee sachets I've ever tried! Love Starbucks Pumpkin Latte, HATE the white chocolate mocha! ;-) i very rarely drink coffee so prefer not to receive anything but the Starbucks flavoured sachets please
- handmade things - if you have put love into what you do, I will never think store bought is better!
- Very strange flavour Japanese kitkats. The stranger the better! Or the black for grown ups ones or the rum and raisin ones (not a flavour I much like usually but love the Japanese kitkat version of it!) normal flavours I can buy here :)
- Polish Knorr cheese cup a soup ( not the one with mushrooms thanks and btw I hate borscht! Lol)
- Bumble bees (not cartoon bees)
- cool and useful items
- Alba coconut cream lipbalm
- Humani-T lipbalm
- cherry blossom flavour green tea
- really nice loose green tea (especially gyokuro) - please not flavoured unless with jasmine or something similar. I really am not keen on green tea with fruit flavours thanks!
- chilli tea! ( love!) i adore Nordqvist Hola Chilli tea
- love Davids Tea - buddha's blend and chai aye-aye especially, but there are loads i haven't yet tried!
- cardamom flavours in tea
- Stash vanilla nut creme decaf tea :)
- Stash Vanilla Nut Creme loose tea
- Bigelow's salted caramel tea
- Bigelow's decaffeinated spiced chai
- chilli or salt chocolate (Prefer not Lindt or Thorntons chilli but love Fazer chilli chocolate)
- Orion Apricot Chilli chocolate (Merunka se spetkou Chilli)
- Tony's Chocolonely LOVE
- mini Timtams!!!!
- Sarotti chocolate
- Hachez Mango-Chilli chocolate
- Alnatura Winter Schokolade
- Alnatura Chili Kirsche!
- Lauenstein Ingwer Limette
- Suchti Ingwer in Maracuja
- Marabou chocolate
- CÃ´te D'Or chocolate especially Citron Gingembre ( lemon/ginger)
- Heilemann Chili Edelbitter-Chocolade
- ghirardellis tree bark chocolate love - especially the bags of minis. I don't like ghiradelli's hot cocoa (too sweet for me!)
- Russell stovers handmade chocolates
- sees Candy (chocolates)
- Nestle Turtles (my new love!!!)
- OMG s
- Reeses mix (LOVE!) the other Reeses stuff I can now buy here
- damak pistachio chocolate
- webury sticks, Alfort Black bourbon, Morinaga Bake
- Maple syrup and salt milk chocolate
- equal exchange organic chocolate ( love the caramel crunch with seasalt)
- Seattle Chocolates
- Morrisons Sea salted Almond and Hazelnut milk chocolate
- Plopp salted licorice filled chocolate
- chocolate with interesting filings
- ginger flavour
- Kofila Latte chocolate
- Annie's bunny Graham's ( or any bunny biscuits really!)
- Graham crackers, S'mores packs
- Ballerina "Kladkakka" double chocolate
- food typical of your country - I'm happy to try most things and love all kinds of savoury flavours for snacks (but see below... Please not candy and I prefer not packages of dried soup you make in the pan or protein/fruit bars!) I love cheese, garlic, black pepper, chilli, salt/sweet together, unusual foods and flavours..... But I like lots of savoury flavours so try me!
- beautiful hand made items
- Scandinavian typical items and style
- four o clocks seeds - LOVE. These but for some reason can't buy them here ( though the batch I planted last year didn't grow, and this year's aren't doing great, so they might not predictably grow in the uk climate, however I've had great ones for 2 years before that!)
- things to decorate my garden :) or solar lights ( LOVE)
- things with orange blossom or almond (especially orange blossom!!)
- personalised swap cards or labels
- bulbs for my garden or seeds for unusual vegetables or flowers or sunflower seeds - I've planted a whole bed of sunflowers this year but I had to work very hard to keep the birds and slugs away! I usually end up with about 15 sunflowers out of 3 or 4 packs of seed which is REALLY frustrating!!
- I dug half of my garden for fruit and veg, happy to get anything you think I can use, though not gardening gloves thanks as I have some fantastic leather ones! :) also recipes you have used for interesting jams (US jellies) or chutneys, cordials etc.
- chilli related items
- fair trade, recycled, upcycled, organic
- did I mention I love handmade things??!
- old skeleton keys
- old ( really old, pre 1930!) black and white photos of people, particularly women and old people
- blu ray (or DVD) for European viewing of German or French language movies or detective series ( not those released in UK/us in English)
- some makes I love are Agnes B, burts bees, Pylones, Jelly Cat, Nici, Little Blue House ....
- unusual colour eyeliner soft pencils
- sunflowers, dragonflies, butterflies
- pure silver items ( second hand/ used is fine )
** German Krimis I don't have yet**
- ich liebe Nele Neuhaus aber habe alles schon ausser "Im Wald" gelesen.
- Ich liebe Andreas Foehr und habe "Der Prinzessinnenmoerder", "Karwoche" und "Schafkopf" und "Schwarze Piste" gelesen, und neulich auch "Totensonntag" bekommen :)
- Anything by Andreas Franz but not Moerderische Tage which I already have
- Anything by Sebastian Fitzek (but not Der Augensammler, Der Seelenbrecher "Die Therapie" or "Das Joshua Profil" ) I enjoyed Der Augensammler but not so much Die Therapie though I guessed the twist early on!
- Something by Jan Costin Wagner (Not Im Winter der Loewen)
- I already read Petra Hammesfahr "Der Puppengraeber", "Das Geheimnis Der Puppe" and "der engel mit den schwarzen flÃ¼geln" but no others yet...
I really didn't enjoy "Kroeten Wanderung" so not keen to read any more of Rainer Wuerth's books thanks.
Or introduce me to another German Krimi writer I don't know yet!
- And an "I prefer not to get" and a "please don't send me!" List...
Please don't send me
- ANY candy except chocolate, I REALLY don't like it - please don't be tempted to try and convert me!
- any cured meat products as I'm allergic to some preservatives
- facial products as I have allergies!
- I REALLY. Don't like cats on ANYTHING!
- Anything religious, horror related, skull or halloween
- images of goat heads or anything with horns (deer and antlers are fine!!)
- postcards without anything else for an item swap
- ephemera type paper items (except really old - pre 1950 ones)..... I have no use for them and there's no point you paying for postage for them to end up in my bin!
- coins, bits of paper etc
- pencils .... I just have no use for them.
- Disney stuff, I'm not a Disney fan
- Hello Kitty stuff
- earrings other than silver or stainless steel due to allergies
- anything gold coloured
- I'm really sensitive to smells and find a lot of strong cheap scents give me a headache ( no clue why!) so prefer not to have cheap body lotions etc or perfumes or strong smelling cheap scented candles. I'd rather have less of something nice quality :) I don't like orange smelling things.
- paper napkins - the earth will not last long enough for me to use all the paper napkins I have been sent so far! ;-)
- phonecharms as I have no use for them
- cupcake or candy design items - not a fan!
- I seem to have received an awful lot of rose scented things recently so prefer not rose scent for now please :)
I'm also not a big fan of berry type scents
I would prefer it if you didn't send me
magnets and keyrings unless they're really very special as I have a lot...
- an item swap containing only paper items like memo sheets and envelopes
- papercraft stuff - I've never been able to get into papercrafts
Thank you :)
Finally, and I've never really seen the point of this before, but I'm tired of scrolling through old messages to see who still hasn't sent things they owe me, these are swappers from whom I've been waiting a considerable time for something :
- ingleside for a tiaz forum tag May 2014