May 7, 2016: Takimg a break.
I live in Canada, where our postal service, while quite expensive, is mediocre at best. It can take 4-6 weeks for mail to go to/from the USA, yet only 1 week to go to/from Europe. I watch all of my swaps to make sure they are received and rated. I will gladly re-send after a reasonable period of time has passed - and that, unfortunately, is usually at least 4 weeks. Thanks for your patience!
Member of Swap-bot since October 2006~
Hosted and completed 48 swaps before the hearts and stars systems were implemented on January 27, 2007~
I have vision issues - please don't be shy to let me know if I miss the mark on a swap because of it - I will be happy to re-send. Thx.
Pretty much all*, whether pastel or saturated, but especially:
- all blues & blue-greens (aqua, turquoise, teal)
- all purples
- silver and grey
- lime green
- darker reds
- fuchsia and magenta
- soft pinks
- soft yellows
- black with any of the above colours and also with white
*Exceptions: I don't care for neon colours, or drab/muddy colours (unless combined with something bright).
- animals, especially cats, bats, squirrels, mice, polar bears, hedgehogs, pigs, foxes, elephants, moose,
- birds, especially owls, crows, ravens, robins, peacocks, penguins, pelicans, puffins, cardinals, bluejays
- sea creatures, especially fish, jellyfish, turtles, whales, seahorses
- trees, especially palms, willows, red maples, firs
- flowers, especially poppies, gerberas, tulips, peonies, lilacs
- insects, especially butterflies, dragonflies, bees, ladybugs, fireflies
- The Big Outdoors: beaches, oceans, lakes, rivers, sky, sun, moon, stars, sunsets, breezes, storms, mountains, green fields and other natural green spaces
- weather of all kinds
- art nouveau
- art deco
- shabby chic
- clean lines, contrast, bright colours with black
- fun, funky, quirky things (like spider brooches, irreverent stationery, wild sox)
- gory things (like zombies, blood, true murder stories)
- fairies, dragons, gnomes, elves, trolls, mermaids
- glitter and bling
- umbrellas and rain boots
Handmade stationery (postcards, note cards, postalettes, envelopes, etc.) and handmade stickers (paper or fabric)
Paper Postcards: I prefer funny, quirky, unusual, colourful, artwork, text; not so keen on the traditional touristy photos of scenery or places or maps unless there is an unusual element to them, or you have taken the photo yourself. (Please see more detailed list below.)
Supplies: Washi and deco tapes plus anything that can be used for paper crafting (except paper - I have lots of that).
Food & Drink: Herbal and decaf teas of any kind (no caffeine please as I cannot tolerate it), Italian, Indian, Chinese, Vietnamese, Mexican, Slavic (like pirogies and cabbage rolls), vegan and vegetarian, popcorn, prime rib, potatoes, pasta and rice in any form, butter, home baked and artisanal bread, desserts with fresh fruit and real whipped cream, European chocolate, quality ice cream (like Hagen Das or gelato)
Sports, politics, religion
Commercialized cartoony stuff like Disney, Looney Tunes, etc. (but I love funny cartoons and graphics and Kawaii)
Anything more suitable for children (cute, girly, frilly is fine, just not "childish")
Small bits and pieces of things, like loose stickers or gems, small pieces of paper, individually stamped images (simply because I do not see well and easily lose them)
Please feel free to disregard the above likes and dislikes if:
- the swap specifically calls for one of those things or
- the swap is handmade and sender's choice, in which case I appreciate receiving thoughtfully-made-by-you arts and crafts in YOUR style, theme, colour. (";)
I do not care for common, generic tourist type PCs or commercial ad PCs (unless the swaps calls for that specifically).
I like just about everything else (not easily offended) but especially:
Write to me about:
Unless otherwise specified in the swap description, I prefer receiving handmade envelopes that:
Are lined if made from thin/flimsy paper (so they can be mailed)
Are at least large enough to hold an ATC: 2 3/4" x 3 3/4" (I don't use smaller envelopes much)
Do not have address labels affixed (pop therm inside if you like so I can choose where to affix them, depending on how I'd like to use the envelope)
Do not have any closure tape affixed (I can take care of that myself, thx)
Yes, I admit I am pretty much a rule follower, but it is in the interest of protecting the good swappers here.
I rate down without notice any swaps sent late without personal communication by the swap deadline.
I give swappers who have not met the swap requirements a chance to re-send as long as it is within a reasonable period of time and I do not have to go chasing them for it.
I ban without notice anyone who doesn't meet all of my swap requirements - but I will usually give a reason.
I consider profiles important because they help your swap partners to put together swaps you are more likely to enjoy receiving, and I look for info on style and colour preferences OR a statement that any colours/styles are welcome.
Prompt, courteous communication can resolve just about any potential problem here.
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|