July 2016 - I've been wanting to get back to swapping and have so far been unsuccessful as we continue to be very busy with everyday life. We are selling our home and moving 100 miles, a slow process. I lost my day job in May and am buckling down extra hard on my business once the house is sold. It is crazy time here! I cannot wait for the day when I can return to the bot. I miss y'all!
I am currently obsessed with: old maps and sheet music, old books and illustrations, unique embellishments, inchies and ATC's, witty adult jokes, fun themed stationery and wedding invitations, Rooibos teas, moisturizing bath soaks/lotions with olive oil and shea, figuring out my Etsy shop and web site (is this thing on? Oh whoops..), and training a puppy to potty outside...as well as training an old dog to tolerate a puppy. :3
My mandala swap hosting is on hold for now. :) If anyone wants to pick up hosting, please ask first. & if you want to do a one-on-one art swap with me, let me know! I will continue to draw the Zendala Dare series, and update my FLICKR account (above) for those of you who enjoy my art. :) Just not sure when/if I will start the swaps up again.
The less you do, the more you get done. Really? Well, in that case... kicks feet up and sips Gewürtztraminer with pinkie raised.
I have a tendency to live on swap-bot and absolutely adore happy mail, mail art, and making others smile!
If your dog ate your swap and it is going to be late, please just let me know. We are all here to make each others’ day and enjoy swapping and I don’t believe in making that difficult for people. Please just keep in touch!
I come in two flavors: Zoom-Zoom (highly caffeinated), and Tea-Time (when I'm relaxed). I am a 30 y/o graphic artist with one of the largest food companies in the United States. It pays the bills, but I'm developing a stationery business of my own as it is my dream. I want to be able to be a work-at-home artist so someday I can stay home with my (as-yet-unborn) kids...BIG dreams.
We have a rat terrier (Tetsuko - yes, she knows that she is cute and neurotic), a Tennessee Treeing Brindle mix (Effie), and a 10-gallon freshwater tank housing a bunch of different fishies and a crowntail betta fish (Harbie - short for Harbinger...he is pretty freaky looking). I live in the city with my love, the Man, who joined me from halfway across the country 2 years ago. Life is so good right now...and so much different from what I expected a year ago.
We have a big back yard and a veggie garden as well as multiple flower beds...asparagus...strawberries...I love to get dirt under my fingernails; I am definitely a rural soul, built for the country and a 5-acre berry farm (AND we're looking to buy that land sometime in 2015 or 2016!).
I love to cook healthy, create & craft, meet new people, learn about world cultures, read soul-felt books, and dream. I've been told that my passion for life and lust for my full potential is unwavering...I'm just in love with adventures!
I have a lust for the dark side of things, but adore dressing in bright colors. Yes, my coworkers do whisper about my bright purple pants... I go ga-ga for paper, glitter, and paint. I am verbose. I love to have my nails painted in flashy ways (neon, sparkles, zebra…). I'm a lover, not a fighter.
I am a big fan of paper and collaging pieces, small artifacts of daily life, and heartfelt letters. I love beautiful stationery and handwriting. I am a paper-o-phile. I adore new recipe cards, size 4"x6". I am a little kitschy in my tastes, but like to keep things messily tasteful (after all, I am a trained designer/artist ;) ). I do prefer function over form, but if I can make it pretty and functional I am even more happy!
I create to let my soul know I am still listening…
CRAFTING I DO:
• Zentangle - I can always use technical pens (especially black) in sizes .45mm to .25mm or thereabouts.
• Painting, drawing, collage
• SMASH and art journalling
• Paper Crafts: Scrapbooking, ATC's, inchies & card-making - always looking for fun embellishments, backgrounds, tiny stamps for inchies, & stamps of ATC background images
• Stationery and handmade envelopes - I am launching my Etsy shop soon and I hope you'll stop by when I do!
• Sewing & embroidery, beadwork & macramé, friendship-style bracelets with embroidery floss
• I love washi tape, embellishments, and fun ATC backgrounds. Please don't send me smaller scraps of paper. I have too many!
• I also love to paint and work with glitter and sprays...if it's paper, I generally work with it. • Bullet journaling, as a planner and as a reference to all of the things I do.
• Does nail art count as a craft? It does now...
CRAFTING I'M INTERESTED IN LEARNING:
• Rubber stamp carving
• Paper quilling
• Jewelry making
• More intricate/detailed embroidery
...scratch that. I want to learn more about EVERYTHING.
• I'm in love with all beverage mixes. Tea, Chai, Cider, Hot Cocoa, Coffee, fun flavored water enhancing powders. Hit me with what you've got! Unless it contains ginger...please no ginger beverages.
If you can send individual beverage mixes, teas, etc. in sets of two so I can share a cuppa with my soulmate, I'd love that. (Rooibos, Chai, and non-caffeinated teas are some of our top preferred when available.)
• Chocolate with nuts/crispy rice or nougat...milk chocolate or dark chocolate...with a hint of salt and/or caramel is divine (pretty much any chocolate although I don't care for white chocolate).
• HARIBO gummies, especially sours and Star Mix... Oh please, Fizzy Colas? :3 if you send me gummies, you will be in my heart for life!
• Pocky!! :3 Ahhh! I love Pocky!
• I also love wasabi peas and pretty much any other savory or spicy snacks. :)
• Currently looking for recipes for comfort foods and grilled foods, easy to make! 4"x6" sized recipes cards are preferred so I can pop them right into my book.
• Please do not send black licorice unless it is for the Man. I don't care for it, but he'll eat it!
IN GENERAL - I love it when people actually write me a letter/message and spend time on their swaps. It makes me feel good to read your words and know that you spent time on me…me, a total stranger! I'm not all that picky, but if you have a question please message me!
I am on the hunt for, and in love with, these things:
• Cute stationery with unique themes/layouts. I can't seem to locate a good supplier in my area.
• Black technical pens size .45mm to .25mm
• Acrylic filament paintbrushes
• Nautical themes (The Man was in the Navy!)
• Maps, illustrated books, sheet music, old calendars, seed catalogs, etc. If it's paper and pretty, I'll take it off your hands!
• I love ATC's that use metallic inks/raised embellishments
• Plastic masks/resists for inks and paints
• Paper punches in unique shapes, any size
• Paper doilies
• Rubber stamps, clear unmounted or mounted
• Ephemera themes: clocks, birds, women, men, vintage and steampunk, glittery, butterflies, road trip themed, coastal themed, love and memory quotes, keys and other symbols (doors, clocks, wings, etc.)
• ATC supplies
• Unique jewelry pieces (charms, beads, etc.) as well as starter's items.
• Nail art supplies
• I received a sea salt and olive oil soak last year in an Advent swap and I am absolutely in love. I would love to receive a similar soak as I can't find this anywhere!
• lotions with shea/jojoba/whatever they put into them to make them so softening. Jasmine, mango, coconut and other fruity fragrances.
• Monoii - can't find it in the U.S. and I love it.
• Please no artificially perfumed bath soaks, bombs, bubble bath, etc. It irritates my skin. I love to take baths but can't have any of that. :(
OTHER HOBBIES & FACTOIDS
• Cooking, baking, canning, drying, gardening
• We love to camp
• At nearly 30 I am undergoing orthodontia. I'm looking forward to the straight teeth, but my word do I feel sheepish. :)
• We are a power exchange couple (he is head of household in a traditional sense - some call this the "Taken in Hand" relationship). We welcome themed mail and recommended reading, as well as the occasional good laugh that only similarly afflicted "lifestylers" could understand.
The Man of the House: Gifts for Him are more than welcome on any swap...please just mark them for "Man" so that I know to put them in his pile. He loves black licorice whereas I do not. Chainmaille jewelry is something the Man is very involved with, as are woodwork and carpentry, leather, and ropework...even sewing. He's very crafty! He is a full-time graphic art student, ex-Navy, and loves mint chewing gums, coconut scented bath products, and tropical scented car air fresheners.
I am comfortable with adult-themed artwork and other things that many people would find offensive. So feel free to push the envelope a little when you send to me if you so desire in your swap.
I feel like I will be forever waiting on a WTA send in the Advent Lover's group (due mailed December 15, 2013) from @winniethepooh My only really negative experience on swap-bot!
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|