I'm fascinated by genuine vintage odds and ends and especially like postcards, not only because of the amazing variety available out there, but because it connects me with people around the world. Occasionally I try my hand at creative writing and have started using postcards as a prompt ... as a writer in the making I love interesting pens ... now think about this ...
The SAPO is notoriously slow, so I do ask for your patience when receiving swaps from me. I send as soon as I can and rate as soon as post has arrived.
• the so-called postcard "beauties"; vintage/nostalgia
• something that tells a story
• Ents and dryads. The Celtic Tree Mythology fascinates me, according to which I'm a poplar, my heartner s a Cedar and my adoptive mother an Elm
• autographs and poems, as well as pictures of celebrities (esp. writers) ~ graphology
• reflect on this: people, their eyes and mirrors
• other than pencil/charcoal sketches (of people or animals), I'm always on the prowl for Mecki cards and love the art of Josephine Wall, Janet&Anne Grahame Johnstone, Carl Spitzweg and Arthur Rackham. Rackham's fairies are the best!
• cards to colour
• as for animals, I love Great Danes and leopards; maxicards of butterflies/moths
• Barbie dolls and if it has to be Disney, then Tinkerbell or any of the Disney dogs. My daughter (born in 2011) would LOVE to receive something too, if you could address it to Leonie - even if it's part of a swap for me. I don't mind passing these on to her
You can find my Postcrossing account by doing a 'search' for Wanda4miles in South Africa. The reason I'm not available for swaps there is that I don't check that e-mail account often enough.
PS please refrain from sending me handmade cards, touristy cards are not really my thing and I loathe snakes.
RSA, i.e. South African stamps ... mint, used, or both (or the ones that appear on my envelopes to you). Also Butterflies/moths (the one displayed below is Myscelia cyaniris), ladybirds and writers. I never knew there were actually stamps displaying Barbie and would love to add them to my collection!
For a while I collected dogs on stamps, hoping to come across ones with Great Danes ... in the end I had so many dogs, it was ridiculous! I still have plenty of these, if anyone wants to swap, and am still on the look-out for Danes.
I use stamps for my greeting cards, here I'm looking for Christmas stamps and ones displaying hearts, cake, balloons and presents.
I work only with whole (not torn), decently franked stamps.
Poetry, mainly that of Anne Sexton, Sylvia Plath (naturally Ted Hughes), Ingrid Jonker, Marina Tsvetaeva, Karin Boye a bit of Sara Teasdale, Charlotte Mew. I happen to be a personal friend of Dorian Haarhoff and greatly admire his work.
I've read almost all Elsabé Steenberg, Karl Kielblock, Eleanor Baker and Lynda La Plante's books and want to start some Jodie Piccoult. Julia Cameron's books have been shredded by me ... and if you have an interest in writing beyond that, James Pennebaker has come up with some amazing stuff.
Goodreads contains a very long list of books I've read and reviewed ...
• although I love the colour burgundy is an icon I use as editor and translator. She appears on my business cards and letterheads, in fact, if I do write to someone, I only use butterfly cards/paper and envelopes (with the occasional rubber butterfly stamp) and stickers
• since childhood I've loved beads and do all sorts of things with them (in my knitting, in collages, in bottles). Most importantly I wear #RelateBracelets to make a difference! > . I also make greeting cards, which is part of the reason I don't really like homemade postcards (could make them myself). My focus tends to be birthday and Christmas cards because they sell. Valentine's and Easter cards don't really sell unless they're super special. How is one supposed to do that and keep the cost of the card low? (which is the only reason South Africans tend to buy homemade cards)
• I collect miniature perfume bottles - MINI ones! In 2010 I was fortunate enough to travel to Israel and smell (a.o.) real nardus oil; the alabaster jar "my precious" (uttered in a husky Gollum whisper!). Read: perfume samples are always welcome
• if anyone is prepared to send me scrabble letters, I'd be really grateful (esp. the letter 'y')
I knit Barbie clothes that I sell with accessories (or I clean up the dolls and sell each with two outfits, as you can see). If you have any spare Barbie shoes/handbags/hats or glasses lying around and you're tossing: I'm catching, swapping, exchanging, bartering!
A semioticist would have much to say about what's been weaved into this page ...
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|