Apologies for being incommunicado for such a long time- it's taken months to get internet sorted out. Everything has been sent (a while back- I can't remember when though- and it should have arrived by now). If things don't turn up, please let me know and I will do my best to remake and resend ASAP.
Um, I live on a boat in Cyprus with my partner and our cat :) so I love, boats (old ones especially- ours is 95 years old!), sailing (but I haven't done much), anything to do with the sea really :) Also like photography and art in general (trying to get back into painting/ fabric arts/ sculpture), I have several websites which show parts of me but not the whole picture. I don't think its possible to show the whole me in a digital format! I'm a Gemini too...
Love chocolate, cooking, reading, walking, riding my new scooter, meeting new people and making friends.
I work as a chef in a pub in the tourist part of Pafos.
Favourite colour at the moment is pink... but I like blue (but not really bright blue), turquoise, red, purple, mauve, white, black and silver.
I am pagan/ earthcentric/ slightly hippy (but not old enough!)/ green when I can be- but I like Christian icons too as I live in Cyprus, this place is full of little saint bits- they're really lovely.
Don't have much space on the boat so I miss my craft stuff but I have collected lots of bits for ATC's!
Love dragonflies, butterflies and ladybirds, dragons, cats, boats, the sea, chocolate!
What do I collect?
As you can probably appreciate I don't have much room living on a boat so I don't collect much but....
1. Anything to do with boats- interesting magazine articles (especially about old boats, environmental stuff and interesting people!) and fiction/ non-fiction books about boats, the sea, naval history etc.
2. Dragonflies and Butterflies- especially little ones that can be hung up or dangled out of reach of the cat, magnets (for our board so again they are out of reach but nice to look at!)
3. Craft bits- anything that can be used to make ATC's or greetings cards, different papers especially, sturdy card backs (can only get 180gsm card here and it's not strong enough for heavy embellishment!), little brads, dinky embellishments, ribbons, stickers anything like that!
4. ATC's- anything on my profile made into an ATC would be amazing, any method :) Also ATC sleeves for posting them and maybe ring binder pages so I can pin them up somewhere!
5. Postcards- I'm hoping one day to get a perspex covered dining table so we can have interesting stuff under the plastic to look at- flat ATC's, postcards, photos, clippings etc
6. Some nice writing papers would be lovely- there are limited numbers of shops over here so lovely notecards or papers would give me a big smile! (so long as it's not kawaii or cute- just think bright colours, themes from the rest of my profile that kind of thing!
7. My other half would love the occasional bits- the boat books are mainly for him but I really enjoy reading them too- he also LOVES black liquorice and any and all types of nuts. Oh, and coffee (but no beans please as we don't have a grinder!)
8. Any thing that could be used on a boat- if you go to a dollar store and see odd little things like cheap battery powered LED's and torches, folding buckets (yes really!), storage ideas, pegs, ropes (haha only joking they're way too expensive!)- and remember you can always PM me and check to see if anything is suitable!
9. Candy and or chocolate. I've got a real sweet tooth- anything I don't eat OH will- so he eats the dark chocolate and liquorice that most people don't like! I love Reeces Peanut Butter Cups and Hersheys Kisses- last time my mum went to New York she bought me a of Hersheys chocolate in Time Square and I swear it was lovely (but not quite as nice as Cadburys!). I love different flavours of chewing gum too (cinnamon mmmmm)
10. Candles, incense sticks, burner oils- especially in Sandalwood, Nag Champa, Vanilla and Cinnamon scents. I'm not keen on Rose or Lavender and some other florals but earthy/woodsy/fresh scents are a safe bet.
Bit of this bit of that :) mainly Fleetwood Mac, Leonard Cohen, A-ha, 80's stuff especially electronic (OMD, Erasure, Pet Shop Boys, Jean Michel Jarre)... will try anything once (and thats not just music....). Also like chillout (Ibiza, Cafe del Mar), fusion, ethnic, celtic, digeridoo music!. Don't like gospel, rap or country or really heavy/ grunge metal/ gospel or garage/ RnB yeuch.
Everything by Terry Pratchett, Douglas Adams, Wilbur Smith, Jean M. Auel, Clive Cussler, Stephen King
Dogma, A Matter of Life and Death, everything directed by Tim Burton (but not Planet of the Apes), Big Fish, Sixth Sense, Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe, Ghostbusters, Over the Hedge, Pirates 2 and 3 (haven't seen the first one yet), Sahara, The Green Mile, Alien, The Ghost and Mrs Muir, Passport to Pimlico (and other Ealing Comedies), the Carry On films, the Indiana Jones series, Miss Congeniality films, Vincent Price films, Robin Hood- Prince of Thieves. Don't like horror films (Alien doesn't count- that's sci-fi but I still don't like watching it on my own!)Back to the Future series
Don't own a TV! But I do like Red Dwarf, Doctor Who, Blackadder, CSI, 24, Fawlty Towers, Monty Pythons Flying Circus, One Foot in the Grave, Father Ted, The Young Ones and would love to see more of 'House' and I HATE reality TV- what's the point of it????
Seriously addicted to ATC's (find me on atcsforall.com under the same user name!) Beadwork, embroidery (freehand and machine), fabric art, collage, crazy quilting, making my own cards and STUFFIES! I loved making the Goddess Doll and am thinking of making Goddess dolls for sale at an upcoming fair.
I don't like cute stuff (no kawaii sorry! but I will buy it for you if you're partnered with me and want it- and if I can find it here in Cyprus.....!)
I'm allergic to wool- can't even handle woollen yarn without getting itchy.
It is not uncommon for mail to take as long as four weeks to get here from the US- or as little as five days. I assume that it can take just as long the other way so please don't panic if something is late, I do send on time but am at the mercy of the postal services! As I live in the middle of nowhere and nowhere near my post box (it gets checked twice a week) it might take time for things to get to me but I I do rate as soon as its received. Please let me know if something doesn't arrive! I am more than happy to resend stuff but it might not be the same as the original! (it might be better!!!)