|Swap Coordinator:||scorpiogrrrl (contact)|
|Swap categories:||Journals Letters & Writing Miscellaneous|
|Number of people in swap:||103|
|Location:||Regional - USA|
|Type:||Type 2: Flat mail|
|Last day to signup/drop:||February 1, 2010|
|Date items must be sent by:||March 31, 2010|
|Number of swap partners:||1|
I saw a swap like this from back in 2008 and thought it was a great idea, so I decided to host one with all new themes!
For this swap, you'll be keeping a journal and writing/creating art about a different theme every day. There are 31 themes, so it can be done in a month. I understand that some people (including myself!) don't journal every day, so I'm giving you more than 31 days to complete it. You can start as soon as you sign up or wait until sign ups have ended.
You can use a store-bought or handmade journal or you can keep your entries on the computer, embellish them with digital art, and then print them off and bind them. Journals can be simple or fancy. Be as creative and imaginative as you'd like with your journal! Most of the themes require only writing or minimal artistic work (cutting a photo out and pasting it in). However, you can decorate as much as you want, and if you'd prefer it be more of an art journal than a text journal, feel free! You should do #1 first, but after that, you can do the themes in any order. Please do all of them.
This swap is US-only, but I may do an international one later on. Sorry, no newbies for this one and no recent 1's or 3's. If you have questions or concerns, please PM me. Please create the same quality journal you'd like to receive.
1) Write an introduction or short description of yourself. Include a photo or drawing of yourself if you'd like.
2) Make a list of 25 things you want to do in 2010. These can be as simple as "remember to take the trash out on the right day" or as big as "save up for a vacation to Hawaii."
3) Cut out a local news article and paste it into your journal.
4) Write about your first pet.
5) Create a page you think is really ugly. This can include ugly images or ugly words.
6) List 10 things you can see from where you're sitting.
7) Turn your journal upside down and write an entire page in the opposite direction to how you normally write.
8) Write about body image. You can write about yourself or comment on things like beauty standards in our culture, etc.
9) Write a timeline of your day today. For example: 8:00 AM--Woke up and ate Frosted Flakes for breakfast. 8:30 AM--Took a shower and realized I was out of mousse when I started doing my hair.
10) Write down lyrics from a song that inspires you, moves you, or creates a strong emotion.
11) Write about an issue in the world that is important to you and why.
12) Describe your day in one word. Write this word in large letters across the page.
13) If you normally write in cursive, print today and if you print, write in cursive. If you're doing this on a computer, change your computer font. You can write about anything you like.
14) Find a very serious photograph of yourself and write a funny caption for it.
15) Write about a creative project you are working on right now. This could include arts, crafts, swap-bot swaps, writing, a presentation for work, etc.
16) Glue an envelope into your journal and seal a secret inside. When you receive the journal, you can open your partner's envelope or choose to leave the secret hidden.
17) Write down a recipe.
18) If you could go back to high school, what would you have done differently? Write about it.
19) List 10 reasons you smiled or plan to smile today.
20) Write with multiple colors on the same page. You choose the topic.
21) Describe your favorite place to write in your journal and why it's your favorite.
22) Write in all capital letters today.
23) If you had a talking parrot, what would you teach it to say? Write the answer in fancy letters or a bold computer font.
24) Tear or cut up a photo and glue the pieces back together randomly.
25) Write a love letter to yourself.
26) Make a promise to yourself today and write it down in your journal so that it fills the entire page.
27) List 10 books you loved and 1 book you hated.
28) Glue in an artifact from your day. This could be a business card from a place you visited, a ticket from a movie you saw, a stamp from an envelope, etc.
29) Make a list of things you sense right now for each of your five senses: Touch, taste, sight, smell, sound.
30) Talk about the weather.
31) Write about something in your partner's profile.
You must be logged in to leave a comment. Click here to log in.