My Magic Postal Prayer - Canada Post you are swell, please send my envies fast as hell!
Hi there fellow swapper! I was told about this site by a nice Starbucks worker gal (Heather) in Windsor, Ontario, when I went through the drive-thru for my favourite Grande decaf latte with two pumps of white mocha and one of their amazing molasses cookies.
I have always enjoyed creating things and sharing them with others. It's fun to communicate with other creative people on the planet. Please feel free to click on my website link above to get to know me better. You may also enjoy seeing my Flickr photos, my Craftie Hall of Fame, a sampling of some of the swaps I've received and created. I look forward to hearing from you. If a photo of your swap is not posted, I loved it but just didn't get a chance to post it.
MEET-UP #1 - Thursday 22 July 2010. Met my first Swap-bot friend, @masterbard After she received a Calling Card Swap from me, she actually came a calling. Masterbard and her family from St. Thomas, Ontario 1 1/2 hours east of me came to visit. We had an outing at Point Pelee National Park, a picnic, swimming and of course time to chat about arts & crafts, swap again and show & tell. It was a beautiful day. My dogs and I loved every minute of it and last night we slept like rocks.
MEET-UP #2 - Friday, June 17-19, 2011. Meet with @lepapillonvert @dkay @pandessa @lilspotteddog @RyeRye @MzPatti @izohgore @chavve had great weekend with these friendly, funny and creative women and one guy. There's nothin' like a road trip, shopping and crafting for a bit of inspiration and joy.
Meet-Up #3- Friday, July 15, 2011 in Mississagua, Ontario. I joint hostessed this swap-bot meet-up with TeePeeMaiden. We all had a great time and I really enjoyed meeting my fellow swappers, 12 really sweet and talented women. Thanks for coming everyone.
UPDATED - 11 Oct. 2012
1) CROSS STITCH & QUILTING
2) ATCs(Fabric & Paper) - I am now really hooked on these tiny artistic expressions, as of 27 February 2010. Mine are 90% fabric ATCs.
3) HANDMADE FABRIC or PAPER POSTCARDS & CARDS - usually 5" X 7" & about $1.00-$2.00 to mail. I usually send these naked, but extremely fancy ones are mailed in envies to avoid damage. They are a nice size to write on and can be enjoyed as little quilted pictures by placing them on a small easel. I will make other sizes if you collect a different size PC.
4) STAMPING - I use this in ATC art and enjoy making cards now and again.
5) SCRAPBOOKING - I just started making DECOS in the Spring of 2010. However, I do not like little mini FBs (friendship books) Please do not send me these. My decos are 4 pages, two sides for me and two sides for 2 other artists.
6) ENVELOPE MAKING - you may get a special envelope with your card.
7) BEADING - Jewellery and embellishments
1) MUSIC, I play flute and piano, flute since I was 8 and I taught myself piano later in life. As of May 2012 I now play Ukulele. I just love anything uke related. I also love listening to music.
2) MY DOGS, I have two pembroke welsh corgis that I dearly love.
3) READING, I post my reviews on goodreads.com and also recomend bookmooch.com. I'd love to hear about books you've enjoyed.
4) POETRY, I have written my own poems sporadicallt since 1986. I'd love to read yours or a favourite poet's.
5) LEARNING FRENCH - a life long quest and challenge.
6) THE OUTDOORS/NATURE, walking, biking, camping, sailing.
and of course my sweetie hubby, family and friends.
1) CLOTHING/FASHION - Purses, Shoes, Scarves and Wraps as themes.
2) JEWELRY - Gold, Silver, Turquoise, Beads, necklaces, earrings, pins and anklets are great, but NO BRACELETS please. I rarely ever wear them.
3) TEA TOWELS - LINEN ONLY, new or vintage, no stains, Any Themes, but no calendar towels or hand stitching. I collect them, enjoy them and they are useful.
4) FOOD & DRINKS- Decaf or herbal teas (see section on teas). Please do not send any candy or food. FOOD THEMES are okay- Cupcakes Sweets, Fruits, Veggies, etc...
5) GIFT CARDS - Starbucks cards are always a great surprise.
6) CROCHETED & KNITED ITEMS - scarves, wraps, dishcloths, pretty hats! OR - an AMIGURUMI PEMBROKE WELSH CORGI (the tanish red and white ones without tails) I know that a pattern exists @ planetjune.com and on Etsy. I will fall over if someone comes up with this item, Go ahead shock my fuzzy socks off!
7) QUILTED ITEMS - Pretty quilt blocks, mug rugs, place mats, table runners, purses and wall hangings - hand or machine made.
8) FABRIC - Quality quilting fat quaters or charm squares - prints, batiks, small prints, conversation, and blender fabrics. Charm squares(71/2 X 71/2) are the best, as just one is a nice thought and does not cause and envie to become a package. Why 71/2 X 71/2? They can have a border added and sew down to a nice visible size for eye-spy quilts or leave room for applique which I love to do. Other sizes are also enjoyed.
9) POSTCARDS & BOOKMARKS - handmade over purchased, but collect and enjoy both.
10) MUSIC - Anything music related, flute or piano, homemade CDs, Love folk music, classical, some jazz and blues, crosssover country, pop 80s or older, soundtracks and also enjoy world beat but would like to get to know it better. Would love being turned on to new tunes. Generally mellow music, but I also like happy dancable tunes.
11) GREEN BUTTERFLIES - of any kind, it's my personal symbol. I would enjoy handmade items, drawings, pictures, cards, envies, paper, stickers, pins,... on this theme.
12) COLOURS - Greens, Turquoise, Oranges, Purples and Reds.
13) ANIMALS - Things with my dog's breed on them, Pembroke Welsh Corgis, and animal and nature themes in general. I also like dolphins, birds, ladybugs, turtles & frogs. But Please NO FIGURINES or Stuffed things.
14) SUNRISES & SUNSETS - it is amazing that everywhere in the world people are offered these beautiful moments each day.
15) AUTUMN RELATED - it's my favorite time of the year. I'm an October Birthday Gal.
16) HOLIDAYS - in the following order: Valentine's Day, HEARTS and FLOWERS are great!, Halloween, Christmas, St. Patricks Day, July 4th and Canada Day, May Day - May 1st
17) ART - Flok art of different cultures, Fine Art or your own paintings and drawings (small please, PC or ATC size) Butterflies, mermaids, fairies and Celtic knot work are always beautiful.
18) SPIRITUAL SYMBOLS - (all world religions) - om, ying-yang, chalices, crosses, Buddhas, hands, eyes... and inspirational quotes from all religions.
19) OTHER - Quotes, Poetry, Prose, Photography (especially 4 X 6 beautiful/inspirational black and white or colour glossy prints), Painting (small, no bigger than 5X7), Drawings and Music (song lyrics or homemade CDs). Whether you've written it or it's just a personal favourite, I'd love you to share it with me. If you are limited for dollars this is a great low cost way to communicate and connect with me. These things have a depth that store bought items lack and I truly appreciate the thought and time behind them.
20) THINGS THAT YOU MAKE! I trust that I will enjoy your art/craft work, respect it and the time you spend designing and making it. I look forward to receiving it.
21) BOOKS I'm Looking For a couple of Jennifer Chiaverini Books - "The Cross-Country Quilters," & "The Sugar Camp Quilt;" "The Fixer Upper," by Mary Kay Andrews.
22) DISLIKES- I need to say that I do not like hanging ornaments or dottees, sorry. I don't collect them and I am not into them at all. I also do not care for anything foam, plastic, scented or food items.
23) INSPIRED - Sometimes I am inspired by someone's passion for something expressed on their profile and I expand the swap I'm signed up for in such a way to incorporate it in my art/craft work or in a gift. I hope my partners are surprised and up-lifted when they received what I've sent. Thoughtfulness is the key. It is simply wonderful that we all take the time and special efforts to bring joy to each other through our connections in this community.
1) Decaf Earl Grey - Twinings
2) Decaf Earl Grey - Kusmi (It has a very elegant taste and light critus flavour.)
3) Lady Grey - Twinings
4) Constant comment - Bigelow (It smells like Christmas and also makes the most amazing ice tea. Not Decaf)
5) Green & White Pear Cream Supreme - Distinctly Teas (A beautiful blend of chinese green and white teas, apple cubes, orange peel, fennel seed, calendula petals, natural flavour. If you love pears you'll love this tea. Not Decaf)
6) Twinings Limited Edition Rose Garden, a floral tea - I can't get this in Canada and I truly love it. It has become a real fave.
Most Decaf & herbal teas, but not camomile as I am allergic to it. There are very few regular teas that I can or will drink.
I've written the above so partners can know mostly what I LIKE to receive. If it is not from the above lists or relating to the above lists please avoid sending it.
I take care to make up Quality Packages. The cost of the items depends on the type of swaps, instructions, themes, and whether your profile expresses what you find interesting and have a PASSION for.
I'm sometimes tempted to include a small profile extra(s) or something else that reflects the theme of the swap or a profile passion, even if it's not required. I always read profiles and try to be Imaginative, Fun, Friendly, Useful and Tastful. I usually include a card with a note/wish and try to remember that I must include the name of the swap and my ID.
I PLEDGE TO RATE - I usually mail and rate immediately. If I do not, Please Contact Me.
NOTE to FARAWAY FRIENDS - International pkgs. take 10+ days to travel from canada. US mail usually takes 5-7 days. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
I love giving and getting 5s and those wee little hearts are ever so sweet. They tell me that you appreciated my efforts or vibed with what you've received. I don't flake and I bet you won't either. or you will go on my Flaky Folks List.
FLAKY FOLKS: @mj - Beaded Earrings, Homemade (was angeled by the hostess) ; @adastra - Limerick Postcard Swap (RAK Angeled by gooseberry); @scoofie - Make My Day (this was angeled by the hostess); @kelkat60 - June Kindness Swap US/Canada (this swap was angeled by the hostess).
I am also interested in private one-on-one swaps,
Can't wait to see what you come up with for me. Smiles and hugs from Canada!
|Type 1||Type 2||Type 3||Uncategorized|